• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CdrSonan's Originals

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
Hello!
I'm planning to really start making original songs on a regular basis, so I don't want to spam this board with a new thread each time I release a new video, especially since each individual one of them isn't getting a lot of replies
So I'm opening this thread instead where I will post all finished original songs I'm planning to make!

So, to start, I just finished this song with Luka!

It's a bit "back to the roots" for me, since I used instruments I'm familiar with for nearly all of it instead of experimenting with synths.
Using a full orchestra and Piano again was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work xD

The video also worked out way better than last time. I was using a VRoid base model with fully custom clothes and hair this time and rendered it on Blender's Cycles engine. I had practically no issues with it (except for a bug with the hair physics, but I know how to work around that), and as a bonus, the Render times have become a bit shorter as well!
I'm planning to make a full 3d PV of this song at a later time using the same graphics engine and model, but for now, I'll be working on an original song for the League of Legends World Championship Finals, and that is taking priority.

Btw, feel free to message me if you're interested in the model! (It runs on Blender 2.8 without any addons and uses the builtin hair and cloth physics systems)
I don't want to publically distribute it, at least right now, but I'd be honored to see someone else using it!
(Same goes for the .vpr file)

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I made another song!
it‘s called „Legacy“ and is a tribute to the ongoing League of Legends World Championship.

It‘s also the first time I‘ve made a song that I‘d consider „Rock“, and though it took a long time and a lot of advice from different people to get it right, really working with electric guitars and amplifiers for the first time was a lot of fun, and I‘m definitely going to use them more in the future!
Tuning Eleanor in SynthV R2 on the other hand was more of a mixed bag. Of course, working in a new synth engine is always exciting, but it felt like I had a lot less direct control than in Vocaloid or Cevio. This made the tuning rather tedious towards the end, but I‘m really happy with the result nonetheless! Eleanor‘s pronunciation is simply phantastic.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
Thanks!
I‘m really planning to do something similar again, a friend even suggested making a metal song...
I‘ll have to see

Reactions: AALLF

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I just finished my entry for the 2021 Miku Expo song contest!
I started making this thinking it'd need to be playable with band instruments, I didn't realize that they would just play back the audio file at the concert.
So I added several more instruments to it, and I think the resulting instrumental sounds quite good!
For the vocals, I've been struggling with Miku a lot in the past. Even though her phonemes are clear enough to properly tune her, I just never knew how to mix her voice with the rest of my songs, unlike with the other (Crypton)loids, she just never seemed to fit well. (Unless I mangled her voice)
So this time, I tried to approach this problem from the other side by tuning Miku in a way that matches her natural sound, and then adjusting the style of the instrumental part to fit that. This was... an adventure. I think I succeeded in making MIku sound better and making the instrumental part fit her, but I'm a bit concerned this made the instrumental part on its own a little "dull".
When I use Miku again, I'll probably try an approach where I write the instrumental first, then tune Miku, and only then select the specific instruments to match everything up.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song!

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I technically already posted this, but my Miku Expo song contest entry now has a video!

It's only a simple lyrics video, but that's because I recently put my time into working on a cover of "Fighter" for a tuning contest hosted on Discord.
I'm using RIn to cover this Cyman song, and I think it turned out really well! I also made a 3d model of her, and am planning to make a fully animated PV with it for the first time!

Reactions: mobius017

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
This isn't an original song, but a cover, but I'm posting it here anyway!

I had Rin sing Kira's "Fighter" for a vocal synth tuning contest held on Discord. I think her voice suits the song surprisingly well, and after some (okay, a lot) mixing trouble I was also able to get her nicely in sync with the BGM and BGV.
Since I made this for a contest, I wanted to make the tuning really as good as I could. I used all parameters across the entire song, even the ones I rarely touched before. I'm really happy with the tuning result, I think she sounds understandable and natural, though there's not a lot of "crazy" stuff going on. THat's for the future!
Now, the contest already ended over a month ago, but I didn't release it yet because I wanted to make a video for it. The idea to make a fully animated PV has been stuck in my head for quite some time, and I already made two attempts at it that both failed because I ran into PC trouble. (It's the videos for "Stars in a Wasteland" and "Save the World!"). But apparently third time truly is the charm, and this time I was finally able to follow through and make a fully animated video.
Btw, big thank you to both Uncreepy twins, who really helped me with this project!
It was still an insane amount of work though... I spent multiple times the time I put into the cover to make just the video, not even counting the time it took me to make a 3d model of Rin. So I don't think I will do the same kind of video again in the forseeable future. However, I don't want to go back to "picture videos" either, so I'm going to try to find a compromise in between.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)