• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK

Welcome to the CeVIO discussion thread. This thread is for general discussion of CeVIO, updates to the software, as well as a compilation of CeVIO-related news and useful links for new and experienced users alike. Enjoy your time!

Recent News

2018/03/28 IA/04 -STAR- is released, including the first 4 songs featuring IA English, the first known English CeVIO vocal.
2018/06/22 IA ENGLISH C -ARIA ON THE PLANETES- is announced to release 6/22, with 2 libraries; Natural and Powerful.
2018/12/14 Techno-speech, the company which developed CeVIO, released an article demonstrating their singing synthesis engine (CeVIO) after a recent update. Thread.

About CeVIO

CeVIO Creative Studio is a commercial voice synthesizer with both singing and talking libraries, initially released in September 2013. It is published by CeVIO Project, a collaboration between multiple companies.

CeVIO Song Voices

Since 2013, a total of nine Song Voice libraries have been released. There are four masculine and five feminine libraries.

CeVIO Project
  • Sato Sasara (さとうささら), released with CeVIO Creative Studio Free on July 7, 2013. The first female and first overall song vocal.
1ST PLACE
  • ONE (オネ), released May 22, 2015. Officially IA's little sister.
  • IA (イア), English libraries released June 29, 2018. ONE's older sister. IA also has Japanese VOCALOID libraries and was first released as a VOCALOID3 vocal in January 2012.
XING, INC.

Color Voice Series
  • Akasaki Minato (赤咲 湊), released February 19, 2015. The first male song vocal and represented by the color red.
  • Midorizaki Kasumi (緑咲 香澄), released February 19, 2015. Represented by the color green.
  • Ginsaki Yamato (銀咲 大和), released March 19, 2015. Represented by the color silver.
  • Kinzaki Koharu (金咲 小春), released March 19, 2015. Represented by the color gold.
  • Shirosaki Yuudai (白咲 優大), released April 23, 2015. Represented by the color white.
  • Kizaki Airi (黄咲 愛里), released April 23, 2015. Represented by the color yellow.
Other Vocals
  • HAL-O-ROID (ハルオロイド・ミナミ), released October 20, 2016. The first free CeVIO vocal, based on vocals of the deceased Enka singer Haruo Minami.

CeVIO Talk Voices

Since 2013, a total of five Talk Voice libraries have been released. There is one masculine and three feminine libraries.

CeVIO Project
  • Sato Sasara (さとうささら), released with CeVIO Creative Studio Free on July 7, 2013. One of the first female talk voices.
  • Suzuki Tsudumi (すずきつづみ, released July 7, 2013. One of the first female talk voices, and only talk-exclusive female.
  • Takahashi (タカハシ), released 23 September, 2013. The first and only male talk voice.
1ST PLACE
  • ONE (オネ), released January 27, 2015, before her song voice four months later.
  • IA (イア), released March 1, 2017. IA also has VOCALOID libraries and was first released as a VOCALOID3 vocal in January 2012.

Useful Links
This section is always being worked on. Let me know if there's anything you have to suggest for it.
This is very useful! Covers a lot of things to do with CeVIO in an easily understandable manner.
Tutorial and guide by yours truly.

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Still nothing meaty on Takahashi. His @wiki and Wikia page will forever be blank, it seems.
Seems so. I wish him and Tsudumi would get song voices some day, I'd love to hear them sing properly. There's videos of people using Tsudumi's talk voice to sing and she sounds really pretty.

Updated with a guide on buying CeVIOs!

Reactions: Bunai

MystSaphyr

Yamaha ha ha ha ha
Apr 8, 2018
Tennessee, USA
mystsaphyr.me
Wow, what a nice detailed intro post!

I honestly need to get into CeVIO more, I still have the old free Satou Sasara from years ago but I never got around to using her. Though I plan to buy ONE's starter pack as soon as I'm able.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I also have Sasaras old free version and I am doing something where she is included and I have to say
I fell in love with her again.
Even with only being able to tune in Vocalshifter SHE SOUNDS SO GOOD
bless her

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Is there a free trial of ONE? I'd love to experiment with her voice.
There was a trial before she was released but not now sadly. Best you'll get is downloading CeVIO and using the built-in trial with Sasara/Tsudumi/Takahashi.

Wow, what a nice detailed intro post!

I honestly need to get into CeVIO more, I still have the old free Satou Sasara from years ago but I never got around to using her. Though I plan to buy ONE's starter pack as soon as I'm able.
Thanks Myst! I tried to make it useful.

I never got to use CeVIO Free but with all the new features it must feel really different. ONE's starter pack is amazing, I'd kill to get her box...

Chickadee

Sprite Artist
Apr 10, 2018
U.S.A.
chickadee39.carrd.co
I was wondering, is the issue with CeVIO talk not working unless your computer's location is set to Japan still a thing in the current version? Because I pulled out the old free editor predating CeVIO S that is still installed on my computer from like 5 years ago back when that was a thing and remembered that was a thing, but maybe it got changed in the newer versions?

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Hmmm.... I don't know?? (My locale is always set to japanese as most western programs work with japanese locale)

But I think you don't need to change the time anymore

If you really want to know you can install it and try with the demo

Reactions: Chickadee

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I can't confirm the locale thing either as mine is also set to JP, but regarding the time thing you definitely don't need to change it to use CeVIO. I have HAL-O-ROID and he functions just fine without changing my clock.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, I figured (Cevio free was... kinda weird with that)
You still need to purcharse the editor for hal o roid, right?

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I thiiink HAL-O-ROID would function with the free version of CeVIO if you still had it, though I can't confirm that since I do own the full version of CeVIO aha.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I don't think he would work with the free version since it's a very old version with only Satou Sasara (you can't change singers, I mean, you can't even tune there)

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Ah, looking it up now it seems yes he is only compatible with the full version of the software. My mistake!

I ended up DLing him from his source for the fact seeing the voice of a deceased vocalist being released publicly was interesting and his voice is quite nice. Obviously a few issues but with what they had on hand to develop the voice it's pretty nice.

Chickadee

Sprite Artist
Apr 10, 2018
U.S.A.
chickadee39.carrd.co
Thank you for the replies!

Yeah, the locale I still have set to Japanese for UTAU, but apparently the location/region of the computer needs to be set as Japan for the oldest version of CeVIO's talk function to work. (Which is probably related what you two were saying with the clock.)
I will probably try out the demo of CeVIO S sometime soon, but in the meantime I was noodling around with the old free version just because it was more convenient and I wouldn't have to worry about it expiring while I take care of other things in life in the next few weeks.

Kazumi

That One Furry
Apr 8, 2018
All I know in regards to some locale things is that regardless of the talk engine, Hal-o-Roid won't work unless your locale is set to Japan. I learned that the hard way a while ago haha.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah, on HAL-O-ROID, the clock thing was a bug that was fixed quite quickly. CeVIO Talk works with just locale being set to JP, like the Song VBs. Hope you enjoy Sudio S @Chickadee!

Kazumi

That One Furry
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, on HAL-O-ROID, the clock thing was a bug that was fixed quite quickly. CeVIO Talk works with just locale being set to JP, like the Song VBs. Hope you enjoy Sudio S @Chickadee!
Actually, not sure if it’s new with CS6, but I don’t have my locale set to Japanese and the talk voices work for me!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Actually, not sure if it’s new with CS6, but I don’t have my locale set to Japanese and the talk voices work for me!
Ahh that's good then! I expected it to have changed with the introduction of English libraries but wasn't sure if it had happened yet. Good to know~

Reactions: Kazumi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)