• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Crowdfunding campaign for GENBU AI announced

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
guess it's confirmed now Rikka's friends are getting Synth V banks soon. Unless that was officially announced before and I missed it
Patuk and I were just discussing that! I coulda sworn they were announced, but ultimately I think their characters were announced, but not their VBs. At least we get that confirmation in the middle of this clusterfuck. :clara_ani_lili:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
The TOKYO6 website has pages for both of Koharu Rikka’s friends, and it’s been listed on both of their pages that SynthesizerV and CeVIO AI Talk banks will be created for them for quite some time now. So it's not a leak as some Twitter posts have been saying.

I hope everything with VirVox gets sorted out and that this is just a situation where fans aren't doing their due diligence instead of having malintent!

edit: spelled synthesizerV stnthesizerV :P

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
By far the most common mistake I've seen fan groups make is announcing something on Twitter before signing a contract with a company; it's unfortunate because even announcing intention to make a voicebank without approval can put companies off working with you. However a lot of people just don't know how business prochedure works, or realise how important prior agreement is.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I honestly would've been a bit surprised if Dreamtonics went out of their way to make such a public announcement and then went "nah it's fine go ahead" to VirVox later. This is about what I expected, but it is really unfortunate - especially since it seems the problem stemmed from the middleman between VirVox and Dreamtonics (not saying it's the middleman's fault, but information wasn't clearly expressed by one of the three involved parties which is where the misunderstanding occurred).

I can't imagine how it must have felt for VirVox to think they had proper permission and then be put on public blast like that orz. I acknowledge that I don't have all the information, especially in regards to what happened behind the scenes between the involved parties, but it does feel kinda drastic. Oh well.

I hope their future endeavors go much more smoothly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)