- I require both background music (in the form of a .wav file) & MIDI notes (so I can input lyrics) for all lyric commissions.
- Keep in mind that Japanese songs do not follow rhyme schemes/end rhymes like English songs.
1) 1 ENGLISH TO JAPANESE BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE: $15
- For business-purpose correspondence such as 1 business inquiry, 1 email communication, 1 public announcement, subtitles for 1 promotional video, or information on 1 web page.
- Written in polite Japanese mindful of both business & cultural etiquette.
2) DOUBLE-CHECKING EXISTING JAPANESE LYRICS: $20
- For producers who have been learning Japanese, but are not yet confident about writing lyrics in Japanese alone and want their work double-checked.
- You will receive a document containing a detailed analysis of your lyrics.
- Notes will highlight grammar/vocabulary errors and explain in detail why it is highlighted, along with translation nuances. I will suggest several alternative ways to say the same thing in order to give you options and to better understand the phrase. I will make sure to teach how to conjugate verbs/adjectives when needed and give tips about using grammar patterns.
- We will go back and forth discussing the lyrics until they are complete and you are satisfied with the new corrected version.
3) ORIGINAL JAPANESE LYRICS BY UNCREEPY: $20
- If you have MIDI notes, but no English lyrics, I can write original Japanese lyrics for you (which can be based on a title idea, general song theme, pictures, inspirational songs, or simply giving me creative freedom).
- You will receive a vocal synthesizer format song file with hiragana phonemes already filled in & a document containing the Japanese lyrics, romanized lyrics, & a complimentary English translation.
4) EXISTING ENGLISH LYRICS TO JAPANESE LYRICS: $20
- I will make a Japanese version of existing English lyrics. Due to limitations with available syllables & common English phrases having no Japanese equivalent, I will provide a localization rather than a literal translation. Be aware that due to space limitations, it may be possible that a line or two may need to be dropped or combined.
- You will receive a vocal synthesizer format song file with hiragana phonemes already filled in & a document containing the original English lyrics, Japanese lyrics, & romanized lyrics.
VOCAL SYNTHESIZERS I USE:
- CeVIO Creative Studio (Talk & Song Editor)
- Piapro Studio NT Standalone
- Synthesizer V Studio Pro
- VOCALOID: 2, 4, 5, Piapro Studio VST
- VOICEROID2 (able to use KotonoSync & KotonoTone)
FOR AN ENGLISH TO JAPANESE BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE:
- A document with the original English version of the business inquiry, email, public announcement, promotional video narration text, or web page text.
FOR ALL SONG LYRICS:
- A .wav file of the background music.
- A MIDI file or vocal synthesizer format song file that I can use to fill hiragana lyrics into.
- Tell me what voice bank you intend to use so that I can use the same character or pick one with a similar voice.
FOR ORIGINAL JAPANESE LYRICS:
- Inspirational material (a title idea, general song theme, pictures, or links to reference songs) if you have any.
FOR ENGLISH TO JAPANESE LYRICS:
- A document with the original English lyrics.
- A link to the original English version of the song if published (for me to use as a reference).
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- A color coded document on Google Drive that you can view as it is being worked on in real time (may include notes about translation nuances).
- A nightly progress update through private messages (lyric commissions will receive a .wav preview song clip as the vocal synthesizer format song file approaches completion).
- A vocal synthesizer format song file filled out with hiragana phonemes for lyric commissions.
- If you notify me when the work is ready to go public, I will promote your commission on my Twitter account via retweet, so please @uncreepy_studio. For songs, I recommend that, in addition to linking to YouTube/Spotify/Bandcamp/niconico, you create an mp4 under 2 minutes & 20 seconds for Twitter (see reference Tweet).
TRANSLATION COMMISSIONS CONTACT:
Click here for my list of current commissions along with their progress