• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite Anime Music

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
I think every anime fan has their favorite music from anime. And for me, my favorite anime also has my favorite music. Here are some of my all-time favorites:

Neon Genesis Evangelion OP "A Cruel Angel's Thesis"
The End of Evangelion "Komm Süsser Tod"
Azumanga Daioh OP "Soramimi Cake"
Azumanga Daioh ED "Raspberry Heaven"
Ghost in the Shell (1995 film) "The Making of a Cyborg"
Ghost in the Shell SAC OP "Inner Universe"
Ghost in the Shell SAC: 2nd Gig OP "Rise"
Revolutionary Girl Utena OP "Rinbu Revolution" (Rin and Len fans may or may not be amused by this parody of the opening animation)
Revolutionary Girl Utena ED "Truth"
Adolescence of Utena "At times, love is"
Akira "Kaneda's Theme"
Cowboy Bebop OP "Tank!"
Cowboy Bebop "Piano Black"

I really want to put the entire OSTs to Ghost in the Shell SAC and Cowboy Bebop but I figure I should show some restraint.

Please share your favorites!

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I'm on mobile so I'll just mention some then I'll edit my post later (^_^)/

Cyborg 009 openings from 1979 to now.
Vampire Knight both openings
Sailor Moon first opening
Seraph of the end first opening
Parasyte Opening
Code: Realize
Blue exorcist both openings
And..... that's is what I can think of right now.

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
I dont really listen to a lot of anime music, but i really like Azora no Rhapsody and the Kill Me Baby ED. I can dance to that ending like the characters in the end sequence. Theres also the Free ED which is such a bop too!

Reactions: Pomelo

violethaze

Aspiring Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Chile
Anything by Yoko Kanno or Rasmus Faber is an instant winner for me

I also really liked tofubeat's songs on classicaloid. And the parasyte ost, gatchaman crowds ost, kids on the slope ost, panty and stocking ost and others.

Last edited:

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Welp, looks like I'm going to have to watch Haibane Renmei now.
YES :kaito_move:

It's not for everyone, though. It's pretty slow at first (although this is good imo, because it establishes the characters and atmosphere), so some people find it boring. Things begin to pick up plot-wise halfway through, and then the last few episodes hit you. I could go on forever about this show, but I hope you like it!

Vani ❤ Candy

❤ Rana and Teki are my babies ❤
Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
literally the entire soundtracks for both Made In Abyss and Kaiba, i just love the ambients and how ethereal and mysterious they sound. i definitely recommend a listen

but special mention goes to Made In Abyss's "Underground River" and Kaiba's "Initialize Me"

Reactions: Pomelo

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
hehehehehHHAHAHAHA
(from SAO) because the tears of the haters are so good
and
(From My hero) because I just love Kenshi ;)
and
(From Fairy Tail, no shit) because I like mainstream anime.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I love those themes too! Azumanga Daioh and GiTS: SAC are also two of my favourite anime. :)

My personal favourite anime songs are hiding under the spoiler, since there are a lot! (I would have posted YouTube links too, but I would have been writing this post all day otherwise).
Higurashi: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni; Why Or Why Not; Naraku No Hana, Taishou.a; Super Scription of Data; Manazashi.
Sailor Moon: Moonlight Densetsu; Sailor Star Song; Moon Pride (you may now commence sending bile at me for liking Sailor Moon Crystal); New Moon Ni Koishite; Eternal Eternity; Eien Dake Ga Futari Wo Kakeru.
Cardcaptor Sakura: Catch You, Catch Me; Groovy!; Tobira Wo Akete; Honey; Platinum.
Clannad: Megumeru; Dango Daikazoku; Toki Wo Kizamu Uta.
Kino's Journey: All The Way; Beautiful World; Here And There; Satoutama No Tsuki.
Magic Knight Rayearth: Yuzurenai Negai; Lullaby; Itsuka Kagayaku.
Others: Tori No Uta (AIR); Lilium (Elfen Lied. Say what you want about Elfen Lied, but the music is an absolute gem); Eternal Snow (Full Moon O Sagashite); White Destiny (Pretear); Connect and Magia (Madoka Magica); Be My Angel and The Starry Sky (Angelic Layer); Let Me Be With You (Chobits); Piece Of Love (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne); Anamnesis (Another); Last Regrets (Kanon); Itsuka Tokeru Namida (Uta Kata).

Reactions: Hatsune-hakase

Alan

New Fan
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe not what you're thinking of, but I really like the music of Radwimps in Kimi no Na wa. It suits is so well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)