• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite usage of 'loids you usually dislike?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Is there any cover/original featuring loid you usually dislike but can't help but like in a cerain song? Mine is this one:

I think Dex has the worst case of """nasally syndrome"" out of all the male vocaloids but it seems to get somewhat covered up by the growl, making him more raspy and stuff. It goes with the song too, it's honestly pretty impressive I like it! This person did a good job! :kaito_move: Also happy anniversay Dex and Daina.

• Wow
Reactions: uncreepy

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

I'm slowly starting to get over my distaste for Unity-chan. When she was first announced I was like I HATE this and you can't convince me otherwise. Some people on VO told me I should wait for her to actually be released because maybe her demos just sucked, but then she actually released and I was still like GROSS
Anyway, I was being kinda dramatic huh. She's not that bad. She still doesn't have a single design I like and I don't usually enjoy her voice. But this cover is good. She sounds good here.

Oliver's probably my least favorite vocaloid- not really his fault, he just ticks all the boxes of things I'm not interested in. I especially really don't care for child vocals.
He sounds really heavily edited here, so I like this usage more.

Last edited:
Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I at first really didn't care for IA. This is the song that changed my mind. I don't know if it counts, since I'd call myself an IA fan nowadays (no matter how casual), but it was definitely a turning point in my opinion of her.

Also, this is one of the few covers I've heard that really does Ryuto's voice justice. It actually sounds really nice!

Sep 21, 2019
I can't stand using Matsu due to the amount of engine noise I can hear in his voice (and I can never produce satisfactory results with him for some reason. orz) and I'm not super fond of his voice, but this cover of 118 is really good and is made me want to dl him in the first place!

___

Oct 8, 2019
Oliver's probably my least favorite vocaloid- not really his fault, he just ticks all the boxes of things I'm not interested in. I especially really don't care for child vocals.
He sounds really heavily edited here, so I like this usage more.
If I may ask, what's your opinion on this cover?
Not trying to make you like him or anything :teto_lili: But this was my first exposure to Oliver when I was getting into voice synths and I remember being super impressed by it so I'm just wondering what your opinion is.

Also, this is one of the few covers I've heard that really does Ryuto's voice justice. It actually sounds really nice!
I wasn't expecting anyone to use Ryuto for such song but I agree it's well tuned!

I have yet to find a song where I genuinely like Flower in but the one you showed came pretty close! Definitely one of the best usages of Flower and I like the song overall!

I can't stand using Matsu due to the amount of engine noise I can hear in his voice (and I can never produce satisfactory results with him for some reason. orz) and I'm not super fond of his voice, but this cover of 118 is really good and is made me want to dl him in the first place!
Speak of the devil! I was meaning put this one Matsu cover here, I also don't bother with Matsu because of his engine noise, especially now that I have alternative that I like better. But hey! the cover you shoved is realy good! My personal favorite usage of Matsu is this one:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Not sure how to explain this (too tired to use brain right now), but I personally do not enjoy using Engloids to make songs, because of how hard it is to get them to sing with emotion compared to Japanese Vocaloids. I just thought there wasn't a way to get them to sing in the way I wanted to hear them (human-y/emotion-y). I kept thinking about Dex and Daina the most, wondering if they were doomed to only sound nasally and monotone.

But then I heard this song with Daina, I didn't know she could sound so cool! (I guess a lot of the magic is in the pitch bends.)

Reactions: Twillby and ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
This is a very good usage of Daina, I find the twang in her voice extremely annoying but it really goes with the song here! I still have easier time getting behind Dex, Daina seems to be so much more choppier than him? Kinda ruins the suspension of disbelief for me but this is a very good cover regardless, thanks for sharing it!

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
... I spent like half an hour the other day looking for the X and Y covers I swear I liked at one point but I didn't even consider Piko until now pfft figures I knew just the Piko one to post when I remembered him. The funny thing is the person who made the cover doesn't like him either, they just used him for the challenge of it XP

• Love

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
This song convinced me to add Utatane Piko to my shopping cart:

0:40 ~ 1 min is so good. They both are tuned super well and sound light/realistic.

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)