• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Project Diva Discussion

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Mirai is definitely different from the Project Diva series, but I still find it enjoyable. It has a great tracklist, cute dances, and had the head and body swap first. Personally, Mirai feels easier than Project Diva, but it has its challenging songs (Skeleton Orchestra and Lillia, my hands do not know mercy)

Reactions: Unagi

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hmm I personally think safes are rarely what ruins runs on FT with its 60FPS.
Was far more of a problem in the F series and the PSP games.
Agreed, it was a bigger problem for me in F2nd, but it happens to me in FT too, not as often though. The problem is usually that I get distracted by something (usually the PV) for half a second and that's it. I have trouble focusing on the notes sometimes.

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
Mirai is definitely different from the Project Diva series, but I still find it enjoyable. It has a great tracklist, cute dances, and had the head and body swap first. Personally, Mirai feels easier than Project Diva, but it has its challenging songs (Skeleton Orchestra and Lillia, my hands do not know mercy)
Thanks so much! I'll consider getting the games, then.

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
Thanks so much! I'll consider getting the games, then.
There's only one game available in the West, Mirai DX (and the 3DS is region locked). But Mirai DX includes content from both games in the series that were released in Japan.

If you meant to get the games in Japanese after all, there's only one worth getting, Mirai Deluxe, which is the equivalent of Mirai DX.

dorothy3242

Noffy T. Coffee
Apr 8, 2018
osu.ppy.sh
If they aren't getting Gumi back because of licensing, then I'll take 1, 2 Panda with Rin and Len like in the concerts. Or the remix with Miku and Len.
The remix itself might be iffy b/c of licensing. Like, there are exactly two song in the games that isn't sung by the original vocal (A Single Red Leaf and High School Days). These were made by the original artists, the second with the express intent of making it eligible for the games.
I think either way could be a possibility. The 1,2, fanclub remix was feautured in the chaos medley in X nearly exactly the same as the full version of the Giga remix after all, just cut short and with rin added it to it.
Though in general I hope to see medley songs get full versions.. so many medley bits were fun to play, but I'd really like to see full versions too :(

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
Not sure if I'm ready for Gigantic OTN to be a full song in Project Diva lol

But nah, I'd be down for Don't Mylist Me! And This F'd Up World Exists for Me and most of the Medley Songs as their own songs to play. (Minus the Elegant Medley, because I didn't care for the songs there, but I haven't listened to them outside of said Medley so :/)

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
I actually wanna play a Project Diva game, but I don't have a PS4 (I have an XBOX One), so all I can really do is get Project Mirai on my 3DS... :kaito_lili: Does anything think those games are good? The one on the 3DS?
Well yeah.
For me, who just got Project Diva on PS4, I'm saying something: they are two completely different games. Project mirai is really a go-to to start playing rythme games. The difficulty is pretty easy, but some songs are quite hard (* cough cough * Gaikotsu gakudan to Riria *Cough cough*). it's really fun, you feel really accomplished when you get a song on perfect, because the game has so much less songs and you see little by little your song list filling with perfects. All the songs are quite similar, I know that's weird for me to say this, 'cause there's Invisible and glow in the same game, but I mean that the charts work the same way for each song. You can do the whole game with one hand with the other hand doing only the arrows.
While in the other hand, Project Diva has charts that are coherent with each other, just like Mirai. The difficulty is harder, really. and getting a "good" feels less good than in mirai, IMO. and it's impossible with one hand.

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
Well yeah.
For me, who just got Project Diva on PS4, I'm saying something: they are two completely different games. Project mirai is really a go-to to start playing rythme games. The difficulty is pretty easy, but some songs are quite hard (* cough cough * Gaikotsu gakudan to Riria *Cough cough*). it's really fun, you feel really accomplished when you get a song on perfect, because the game has so much less songs and you see little by little your song list filling with perfects. All the songs are quite similar, I know that's weird for me to say this, 'cause there's Invisible and glow in the same game, but I mean that the charts work the same way for each song. You can do the whole game with one hand with the other hand doing only the arrows.
While in the other hand, Project Diva has charts that are coherent with each other, just like Mirai. The difficulty is harder, really. and getting a "good" feels less good than in mirai, IMO. and it's impossible with one hand.
Thank you so much for your response. I always wanted a Miku game, but didn't wanna find it a waste of money (But it's Miku, so it obviously isn't a waste of money)! I might get it after all :D

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
You know, the more I think about it, from an objective sense, the Quirky Medley isn't even a medley. It's just clips of four songs playing back to back. Like, the other medley's at least tried to blend them.

My biggest issue with the medleys was that A) most of them were entirely one artist's songs, which led to B) none of them doing anything original with the songs in them. Like, with the exception of Elegant and Cool (maybe not coincidentally my favorites) and maybe Cute, they kinda just.... played a bit of the song, without any attempt to give it a new spin or style. If they do more medleys, I'd like to see more like the Cool Medley, with a completely different artist arranging different songs. (Ironically enough, I actually think Don't Mylist Me! was better suited to a medley than a full level... the chorus is fantastic, but the verses are a bit forgettable imo)

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
You know, the more I think about it, from an objective sense, the Quirky Medley isn't even a medley. It's just clips of four songs playing back to back. Like, the other medley's at least tried to blend them.

My biggest issue with the medleys was that A) most of them were entirely one artist's songs, which led to B) none of them doing anything original with the songs in them. Like, with the exception of Elegant and Cool (maybe not coincidentally my favorites) and maybe Cute, they kinda just.... played a bit of the song, without any attempt to give it a new spin or style. If they do more medleys, I'd like to see more like the Cool Medley, with a completely different artist arranging different songs.
I can agree with the first part a lot. Its really sad that the medleys are just producer compilations; Oster Project for beginning, Michite M for Cute, Giga for Quirky.

As for songs i want to see in PD, there are a heck ton, like the entirety of the Ano Ruka saga, with Doctor=Funkbeat being highly likely to be in the next PD. Anything by Nayutan would also be greatly accepted, Alien Alien would be highly likely and Solar System Disco and Dance Robot Dance would also be appreciated. Thinking about it, all of the Compass songs would be great. Trash And Trash would also be great to see in PD.

I also want some covers of other loid songs too, like High School Days but with well known songs and bigger producers.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Speaking of Alien Alien, Andromeda Andromeda wouldn't be a terrible choice either. I'd also like to see Out of Step.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing more Kaito/Meiko songs than Len songs, since Len doesn't seem to be used as much anymore and K/M have quite a few well known but somewhat less popular songs that haven't been used.

Also, there are a few artists that seem pretty underused to me, like Hitoshizuka and DECO*27. (Might apply to mothy too, but his stuff tends to be way too dark for games).

I'm not sure how likely covers are, since the artist themself would have to agree to it.

Reactions: Sharkartist

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
If any cover should get in the game, it's probably DIVELA's Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl since the original has Gumi, plus that remix is the bomb. Might be easy for them to say yes to it since I believe DIVELA did some sort of tuning for PDX, and Reruili's songs are in the game already so they can get in contact with both easily...

Doctor=Funkbeat and AlienAlien are happening for the next game, whenever they announce it since they've been in most recent concerts, plus Doctor=Funkbeat is a good song.

Reactions: Sharkartist

Eviltreat16

Apr 8, 2018
...If SEGA gives Sadistic Music Factory an EX Extreme, we are doomed.

Good to know they're still updating Arcades, kinda?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)