• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku & Piapro Characters General News & Happenings

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
This thread is intended to compile Cryptonloid news that don't fit in other threads and aren't quite big enough for a thread of their own. These could be, for example, collaborations, pop up shop news, media appearances etc. Previously these kind of news have been spread out in General Discussion, fanclubs and some other threads, or left unposted altogether.

Our first piece of news here is a good example of what kind of news I mean:
rockin' star × Hatsune Miku pop up shop at Amnibus Store/ Magnet by Shibuya109, open from Feb 19th to Mar 7th. Limited merchandise will be sold at the shop.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Goodsmile × Animate Cafe Sakura Miku collaboration cafe will be open from March 10th to April 12th at Goodsmile×Animate Cafes in Akihabara (Tokyo) and Nipponbashi (Osaka).

Limited merchandise will most likely be announced closer to the start date.

Check the twitter thread for collab special artwork↓

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Our first piece of news here is a good example of what kind of news I mean:
rockin' star × Hatsune Miku pop up shop at Amnibus Store/ Magnet by Shibuya109, open from Feb 19th to Mar 7th. Limited merchandise will be sold at the shop.
Lots of event limited merchandise has been introduced

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Goodsmile × Animate Cafe Sakura Miku collaboration cafe will be open from March 10th to April 12th at Goodsmile×Animate Cafes in Akihabara (Tokyo) and Nipponbashi (Osaka).

Limited merchandise will most likely be announced closer to the start date.

Check the twitter thread for collab special artwork↓

Menu and event-limited merchandise:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
39Culture collaboration goods, available in selected Loft stores for limited time.
More details about this year's 39 Culture, the theme for this year is "Retro & Pop"

39Culture 2021 theme song

39 Culture is a yearly "tour" where event merchandise is available for a limited time at selected Loft stores around Japan. The schedule for 2021 is:

Loft Shibuya: March 5 -March 23, 2020

Loft Nagoya: April 2 - April 12

Loft Umeda: April 23 - May 10

Loft Tenjin: May 21 - May 31

Loft Sapporo: June 11 - June 21

More info and event illustrations here:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It's obvious why they don't give further information, but I always wish you could get the actual recipes for things like this. They do give a lot more information than other places I've seen, though, so maybe you could try to put your own together....

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
"What if you drew Hatsune Miku's package illustration?" Piapro art contest.

Hatsune Miku released on Aug 31st 2007. What if you had been tasked to draw the package illustration? Draw an original character called "Hatsune Miku", while keeping the basic profile and image colour as they are.
The award-winning works will be exhibited at the art exhibition "Hatsune Miku Chronicle" scheduled to be held in 2021.

Create "Hatsune Miku" based on the following information, regardless of the current visuals of Hatsune Miku. Hairstyle and costume design are up to you.
--------------------------------------
Software name: Hatsune Miku
Height: 158cm
Weight: 42kg
Image color / hair color: Blue Green
Voice provider: Saki Fujita
Origin of the name: The first sound from the future

Application period: March 15th~April 26th
3 winners will be chosen

Some rules:
Don't change the template size or resolution
Don't draw an excisting Miku design. Other existing costumes are also not eligible
Other characters and derivative characters (Snow Miku, Mikudayo, etc.) are not eligible.
Items with the names and logos of existing products, services, and companies not allowed.
Don't include your own logo or text either.

Rules in detail and application page:

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I think the contest is a really neat idea!
There's fanart of Miku being drawn all the time, and I think this could mix things up in a fun way, the challenge is certainly interesting!
But I hope Crypton will give the participants at least some exposure, maybe through a showcase video or in a similar way that they did with the Snow Miku design contest. It wouldn't be a lot of work for them and feels more personal than everyone only posting their entry on their own

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Today the NHK program "Numa ni hamatte kiitemita" had their second Vocaloid special episode aired, this time having Rin and Len appear on the show and perform a live show. Apart from that the featured Vocaloid culture and music in general.

The episode is available to watch for a week, but unfortunately only of you're in Japan

Edit: VocaSphere is doing a good summary on the program contents if you're curious:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)