• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Help with CeVIO Creative Studio install/activation?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Hi guys! I recently bought a boxed CeVIO package from someone. The one that comes with CCS, Sasara, Tsurumi, and Takahashi. I went to install it yesterday, and am having some issues. The install interface was all in Japanese, so I clicked through best I knew how and assumed the install was successful, because I can open CCS to this screen.

CCS.PNG

However, it didn't ask me to activate it after installing, I don't know how to change speakers, and typing anything into either the talk or song section and hitting play just gives me silence. I used hiragana, not roman letters. I did ask the previous owner if there was a way to get an English interface, which they said I should be able to swap to under the (T) -> (O) menus. They gave me a picture that had 3 tabs, the first one with Sasara's picture and a dropdown to change. But when I click through those I only get this.

T O menu.PNG

Presumably it'd be fine if I could activate it, but I don't know why it didn't prompt me to, and I can't parse Japanese enough to fiddle with it and find out. If anyone has any idea how to help, I'd really appreciate it!

Followup: I have CS7 with the Color voices and that works fine for me. Is there any way to port these three into that editor as well/instead? Like how you can get V2 banks into V3/4. Just curious! Thanks again.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I probably shouldn't even reply, since 1) I don't speak/read Japanese and 2) don't own CeVIO. But I had a few suggestions.

As far as I remember hearing, I thought CeVIO's activation/deactivation was more or less automatic.... Though how it accounts for different users, I don't know (unless you maybe sign in with username/password of a CeVIO account, for example, like some other plugins do).

If that's anything like correct (maybe?), I'm assuming that the tabs you're not getting are the ones that contain the language-switching options. If that's the case, maybe there's some reason why it's not offering you the choice of changing languages. Is your locale set to Japanese, maybe? If it thought you had no use for English, maybe it's just not giving you the option?

If it's of any help for reading, some smartphone apps let you use your phone camera to translate signs and things. That may/may not be of any help to you, but in case it is, I thought I'd mention.

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Hey no worries on not understanding because I promise I know just as little! LOL

Thanks for the advice! My system locale is English, so it's probably not that. And the small instruction pamphlet shows a little activation screen for the serial number, but I just don't know how to get there. Two people who have used CeVIO in the past said it asked for the code right away, rather than asking for a sign-in or anything. I'm a bit stumped.

Here is how that menu is supposed to look btw

T O menu right.PNG

I think I will take your advice on trying to use my phone to translate stuff! Since I can't just copy and paste it lol. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: mobius017

___

Oct 8, 2019
The only thing I can add is that ( afaik ) Cevio back then needed the locale changed to japanese to function properly. I'm not too well versed in the previous Cevio iterations but I'm pretty sure that was needed back then, also, it didn't have an english UI until like 2018 iirc, you might have older copy?

The boxed versions always came with dated version of the software, maybe you just need to run an update?

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks guys! So... I changed my locale to Japanese, uninstalled CCS, restarted (so it'd all take effect), installed the box version, then installed the latest version from the archive. Now when I try to open it, I get this error.

ccs error.PNG

I used Google Lens to translate stuff over. The install windows finished saying installation complete, with no warning messages. The top line of this message just says something like, "There was an error when launching the application".

EDIT: OK, uninstalled and reinstalled just the box version and it opens again. Not sure what's wrong with the newest version from the archive. But I found out that under the Help (H) menu is an Activation (A) option, but it's greyed out. I can't click it to activate 😅

EDIT2: Ah... Sasara sings now. I don't know why, but I guess I won't look a gift horse in the mouth unless this is a "trial" and it gives up on me in a week or two. No clue! I can't make anyone talk though, sadly. It keeps telling me it doesn't recognize words and to try a different writing style like hiragana, even if I select hiragana and just put in あ or something. Still working on that one...

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Haha okay sorry to double post! I read the archive page more carefully and realized I could use CCS codes in CS7! Which behaves for me. So I activated them there, and all seems well. Still no clue why CCS hates me so much, but CS7 is the newest version anyway, so it's probably for the best. We can tentatively call this case closed, even if it's more like worked around 😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)