• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How do y'all get yourselves to keep on tuning even when you don't feel like it?

Mr_Meester

In a commited relationship with Miku
Dec 31, 2022
US of A
I love Vocaloids and even got both of IA's Voicebanks today, but I just don't feel like tuning even though I enjoy it. I have lots of fun testing things out and changing phonemes, but after a little bit I just don't feel like doing it anymore. For example, I'm in the process of making a cover of Moon by Iroha, but after tuning the first couple of seconds, I just could not do any more tuning. I felt a little overwhelmed that I only tuned like 5 seconds and the whole song is over 5 minutes. I want to make a good cover and I'm excited to, but it's really hard to bring myself to do it.

What do y'all think? How do you guys deal with procrastination? What would you recommend I do?

Reactions: WyndReed and IO+

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Nice you got IA's banks!
You might try to download others project files and play around with it, change thing that fits your like and release it.
Or you can do a simple tuning like, note blending and maybe a little touch on other parameters and call it a day.

Vocaloid programming / tuning is very time consuming process, since you have to do it word by word, some people give up when they finish tuning because they already had enough. Although so often you might find that simple tuning is actually fit the song best, if not tuning at all... it's all about the song.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Simple: Tuning isn’t the hardest step of writing a song; the lyrics are. :P
Yep lol. My experience so far has been "spend a week or two on half a verse, work on the vocal for a day, repeat." Or, lately, not having any idea what to write whatsoever...

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
I actually kind of enjoy tuning, it's mixing that I can't stand.
I love tuning, it's writing the song (or choosing one to cover) that can be difficult to initiate

Then again, I have occasionally started, finished, illustrated for, made a video for and uploaded an entire song in the span of a day. I suppose I was feeling VERY inspired then. (Covers are usually by nature quicker than originals, though sometimes I don't work on them all at one time)

Reactions: WyndReed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)