• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How's this voice?

placebo1effect

New Fan
Nov 30, 2020
I'm considering making an UTAU and releasing it, but I want to know if people would actually want this voice. Theres a lot of bugs and stuff in the sample, but Ill likely rerecord it.

[track deleted]

The current sample is a dipitch with the second being F4, and the full (if i ever make it) will either be a mono or a tri. I also plan to do the thing when recording where Ill take in a small, tiny breath right before saying the line so the [- X] notes have a breath before they start. It'll also probably have l, v, and ng strings as well depending on if i have the will to record them or not. (I also had some screw ups with the end breaths where its more, hard, than an actual breath, so i might either keep them as separate files or get rid of them altogether)

Any tips? thoughts? suggestions? I'd also like to know if this would be a good utau to release, or at least if it doesn't sound like every other utau out there

(Also, any descriptions / guesses on the gender, age, etc of the voice would be nice so I can design a character that fits the voice as well as know how much flexibility there is)

Last edited:

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
This is such a good voice!! It has a feeling popular utaus do, but only a little bit, the actual timbre is very unique. I can see this voice working for either a mature feminine character or a young boy character, weirdly enough

Reactions: placebo1effect

placebo1effect

New Fan
Nov 30, 2020
It's really interesting!! Keep us to date as you upgrade it!
for sure! i actually recently recorded two other banks for the voice (a more normal / less shouting one, and a soft append), and while theyre not really otoed more than just moresampler and dont have the beginning breaths and such like i mentioned in the first post, they still sorta have the same idea of how i want them to sound minus the weird noises from weird FRQ and background noise considering i recorded really unprofessionally. i plan to redo them though

i actually might make a short video releasing their beta voice though once i make a tiny bit of character art

placebo1effect

New Fan
Nov 30, 2020
big update: i rerecorded the bank so heres a sample of it with minimal moresampler otoing

[track deleted]

the FRQ files are all out of wack so theres weird sounds, as well as the bank just clipping a lot in general, but im glad to have finally finished recording. its a 5 pitch with the lowest pitch at G3, and highest at A4.

as always, any feedback on the new bank is appreciated as well as descriptions to make a character

Last edited:

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Yo dude, that actually sounds pretty good so far! (Its def a bank I'd use. I'm a sucker for electronic sounding voice)

As for character, it could be avatarless, you could make a simple design and not give it tons of lore, you could make a design and give tons of lore, whatever fits your fancy duhuegd

I suggest looking up a character design prompt generator if you can't think of any ideas!

Reactions: placebo1effect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)