• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Internet co rep: no plans to make V5 voicebanks

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Personally it doesn't seem like a V5 thing at all with Gakupo. Gackt is a professional recording artist and they haven't done anything with him since V3, which was almost 7 years ago now. Like with Lily and Miki's VPs it's most likely a matter of them either being retired or not willing to spend the time doing it. Same goes for most singer VPs I think, it's much easier to get a voice actor because it's basically just another voice acting gig, for a singer it's a much different commitment to what they are used to.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Ah, I don't meant for Gackpo but with Internet not wanting to do any V5 updates....

sour_supreme

Aspiring Fan
it is quite unfortunate that VOCALOID5 is doing so poorly. i remember when it was announced (i was actually leaving for New York for Miku Expo!), and being very excited because the engine looked sleek and the new voices sounded great! plus a lot of the features are ones i'd been waiting for some time for. i found it quite surprising when several months would go by and no new VOCALOID5 voicebanks!

its also quite unfortunate that Gackpo is not receiving an English voicebank. i think that would have done really well because a lot of people like Gackpo, and the only other English VOCALOID like him is KAITO V3 English, and that's from 2013. i also think that from GUMI V3 English and the feedback they've received from her they have probably learned a lot and could make a really high quality male Japanese-native English voicebank! and in general they develop quality voicebanks so it'd sound good regardless.

also on the topic of GUMI's English update, last i checked the VOCALOID Wiki it was not cancelled, but it looks like Noboru stated that its not happening. that's also unfortunate because i think that while GUMI V3 English is great, there are a lot of things that could be improved. i think the main things would be to record a full English voicebank and not a "basic" English voicebank (i'm not even sure if this is true, but when she released people were saying she was only a "basic" English VB which excluded some recordings and therefore made her choppier, i think Macne Nana's V3 English was also a "basic" voicebank), and also to make her have a stronger tone. she sounds ALMOST identical to her V2 JPN voicebank, however it could be a little stronger, mostly in the higher range.

ugh anyways the point of my rambling is that i believe there is totally potential for sales of a GUMI English update or a Gackpo English voicebank. the western VOCALOID market would go crazy for both of them, i think it'd be very similar to when Miku V4 English released; a lot of people felt at that point the VOCALOID community was dead and that it wouldn't sell very well even though it's Miku, but then it was a decent improvement from her V3 English so it sold really well and is literally used all the time!

Reactions: ngoomie

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Kind of an overlooked tweet at the time (sorry if it looks like i'm trying to necro the thread but I swear this is very relevant)

Also, I changed the title of the thread to reflect this.

• Sad
Reactions: uncreepy

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Well, that’s a shame. I guess Inyernet is skipping this generation, unless they end up going out for good...

I think they could’ve done a lot with V5 (like updating Lily and CUL to at least give them growl) but there goes that

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
It could be that:
  1. They don't have any plans currently, but might make something months from now after other companies have released some v5loids.
  2. Maybe they want to sell more of their current v3/v4loids before making new Vocaloids.
  3. Vocaloid is dead and V5 killed it. (And maybe the "Vocaloid is dead" article was right in terms of companies.)
  4. They want to try a different engine.
  5. I can't think of anything else because my internal and external screaming is too loud.

I had doubts Internet Co would update their older Vocaloids, but I thought they would for sure make a V5loid. Guess half of our hopes from the 2019 predictions thread have been smashed to pieces.
:ring_ani_lili:

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think they can be satisfied after Una and Gumi V4. Unless Yamaha bring something that makes them think "oh damn, we need to update our VOCALOIDs" then there's no reason to update them, really. Growl isn't exactly worth an entire update at this point either. Maybe this means they could look into CeVIO/etc as 1ST PLACE did?

Skiyoshi

New Fan
Feb 17, 2019
That's a big shame, I love their banks. I can honestly understand why not though. Hopefully Yamaha notices this lack of popularity for V5.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
It could be that:
  1. They don't have any plans currently, but might make something months from now after other companies have released some v5loids.
  2. Maybe they want to sell more of their current v3/v4loids before making new Vocaloids.
  3. Vocaloid is dead and V5 killed it. (And maybe the "Vocaloid is dead" article was right in terms of companies.)
  4. They want to try a different engine.
  5. I can't think of anything else because my internal and external screaming is too loud.

I had doubts Internet Co would update their older Vocaloids, but I thought they would for sure make a V5loid. Guess half of our hopes from the 2019 predictions thread have been smashed to pieces.
:ring_ani_lili:
6. V5 isn't really that different from the last two engines and updating would be a lot of money for a fairly weak reward, since most people with V3 banks likely wouldn't upgrade.

This isn't like V2 going into v4, where old banks were unsupported and terribly behind in quality.

Reactions: xuu

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
6. V5 isn't really that different from the last two engines and updating would be a lot of money for a fairly weak reward, since most people with V3 banks likely wouldn't upgrade.

This isn't like V2 going into v4, where old banks were unsupported and terribly behind in quality.
Alot of people made similar comments about v3 and v4 updates

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
It could be NDA thing too, where they can't discuss it... I hope they can put it ONE V5 at least... I love their voicebanks....well, most of them.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
They might be working on something new.
But even then, except for Lily, most of their V3s aren't that popular
And how many vocaloids have got noticably more popular after an update? Like five max?
Lily- went from one of the worst vbs to one of the best
flower-better promotion, also some luck
Rana- v3 wasn't publicly distributed
Kiyoteru
VY2- got actual promotion in v3

So tldr, Internet's v3s might not be worth an unnecessary update.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It's definitely not an NDA thing, if a company is planning to work on VOCALOIDs they can say that pretty freely, just look at Gynoid. There's genuinely no reason for Internet to update any of their V3s other than maybe Lily, but her VP is retired and doesn't want to record more, hence why she didn't get a V4. All the other internet V3s are pretty forgettable/didn't really do well enough to justify an update. Like I actually consider a large-scale Una append more likely at this point.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Pretty sure Yuri Masuda isn't retired, she JUST made a new album
kokone and CUL will probably get an update if they're unsupported but like
they are supported in the current editor fine, why bother

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Pretty sure Yuri Masuda isn't retired, she JUST made a new album
Ah, my mistake. I vaguely recall her not wanting to do more VOCALOID, which might have been it. Kokone and CUL will get an update if V3 VBs are unsupported when V6 rolls around or they suddenly have a need for appends, but if V3 VBs become unsupported then it would purely be Yamaha forcing a small update (growl) on companies unless they want to V2 it again and make it technically impossible for V3/V4/V5 VBs to be used since they're all so structurally similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)