• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Kaito or Kiyoteru? Only one will win in the end.

Quick Choose: Kaito or Kiyoteru?

• Total voters

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I'm curious on who will be the winner. :chika_ani_lili:

You can also state why on the Vocaloid you picked and if you own one or both of them.

:kaito_rylitah::kiyoteru_rylitah:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
In my humble opinion, I prefer Kaito over Kiyoteru. I like that Kaito can be used for many types of songs, from cute, relaxing, to creepy and I think his character design allows for some cool fan modules (using the term the Project Diva uses for outfits). Kiyoteru has his nice guy with glasses persona and his glassesless rockin' persona, but I feel like fan designs don't go that crazy with those options. For example, Kaito's hair color can be many shades of blue and he can wear casual clothes to regal clothes and still be recognizable. Kiyoteru is kind of "stuck" with the image of a teacher/part-time rocker. (I am starting to grow to like Kiyoteru more lately, though, and feel pleasantly surprised by what fans create with him, but I think Kaito's still gonna always be a top tier Vocaloid male for me.)

nightmare

SynthV Tuner
Apr 22, 2019
England
youtube.com
I voted for Kiyoteru.

KAITO possesses very pleasant soft voicebanks that Kiyoteru lacks, even when considering his Natural's falsetto. KAITO V1 is also very versatile, largely thanks to the flexibility of the engine itself. However, I only enjoy KAITO V3 Straight when he is tuned exceptionally well; I find his upper register to be whiny, weak, and unpleasant. On the other hand, Kiyoteru is also extremely versatile, and fills the gap in the Vocaloid voicetype lineup, it being strong tenors suitable for rock. This is important to me personally, as I am a fan of rock music and belting. If I wanted to reach for a Japanese baritone voice, I would pick VY2 or Gackpo over KAITO. Although Kiyoteru's V4 voicebanks have weak diction which make notebending more challenging, I am happier with the results I produce with them over KAITO's V3 banks. I have heard some fantastic usages of KAITO V1, but I have never used him myself. As Kiyoteru is one of my favourite Vocaloids, I chose him.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Wow, this somewhat blew up recently I guess. :clara_ani_lili:

And double wow, because both are no longer tied as.....Kiyoteru is leading the race now! :kiyoteru_lili:

For me, Kaito is the winner in my heart as he is the first I fell in love with. His voice, his design, and his tragic to a miracle story. Kiyoteru was only when he became a V4 that I started to like him while Kaito was V1 then to his V3. :kaito_smile_lili: Personal there is something in Kiyoteru's voice that doesn't sit right me sometimes, but to Kaito there isn't really unless it is his English bank and you're doing some unique cover then forgive me Kaito but your ENG bank needs lots of work sometimes

Nonetheless, both are amazing and unique in their own ways. :miku_ani_lili:It is also nice to read all your thoughts too guys. :sonika_ani_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)