• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Lyrics so good you wish you wrote them

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Have you ever listened to a song and found a part of the lyrics so beautiful, so inspiring, so goose-bump-inducing that you wish you would have thought of them?!

I'm looking to hear from you guys on what lyric parts you think were written so well that the world needs to know about them. (Note: The song doesn't have to be a Vocaloid song, it can be any genre/language.)

Rules:
1. Please only share a SMALL section of the song (the specific part that impressed you), I don't want the lyrics for the entire song!
2. Link to the music video if available so we can hear the lyrics in action. Timestamps preferred.
3. Tell us why you thought the lyrics were unusually cool, funny, beautiful, romantic, etc.
4. The song doesn't have to be in English, but please tell us what the translation is.

My picks:
Warning: I'm easily impressed by edgy songs and guyliner. :B I don't necessarily think each song I'm sharing is perfect, but I really like these specific parts.

"NECRO" - MORRIGAN
鮮やかに絡みつき紅蓮の中 羽化した
azayaka ni karami-tsuki guren no naka ukashita
Emerged from the brilliantly coiling crimson
押し寄せた絶望が優しくXISSして
oshi-yoseta zetsubou ga yasashiku XISS-shite
Despair closes in and gently kisses
I wish everyone who heard this could understand Japanese. ;o; It's so cool and basically untranslatable (into English that doesn't sound weird, that is). The first line describes something emerging (literally the verb for a bug shedding its cocoon or old skin) from inside swirling crimson. It's such a cool mental image! The song's about the dark void of the afterlife and someone stepping into it.

"FEED" - Rose Noire
世界に光を僕にくちづけを
sekai ni hikari o boku ni kuchidzuke o
Light to the world, a kiss to me
君には大陽海に月を
kimi ni wa taiyou umi ni tsuki o
You are the sun,
星屑つむいで僕は夢見る
hoshi-kuzu tsumuide boku wa yume miru
Spinning stardust, I dream
息を止めたままで
iki o tometa mama de
While my breath has stopped
The start with the object marker "o", those have implied verbs so it seems mysterious and cool. The song already is beautiful with the images of a dream-like starry world, but when he gets to the last line, I'm always like "Oh snap!" XD;;; I wish his singing was a bit louder compared to the violin, though.

"The Bottom" - Devour the Day
Here I am again
Vulnerable and lost
Hanging from the edge
So close to falling off

Can I get myself back
Back up from the bottom
Can I get my life back the way it was
Before I got torn up
It seems simple, but at the same time, not an obvious way to describe what hitting the lowest point in life feels like and how you won't be the same as before. Like, "I should've thought of that!"

I wanna share more, but I am very curious see what other people have to inspire me, so I'll just post this now. :P

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
JubyPhonic's english cover of Love Me, Love Me, Love me.

"Meeting alone in the yard
From me to you, confessing my heart
Was it a lie from the start?
To say I love you from afar
As filthy a creature you are!"

Because the sudden change in tone is amusing, and quite frankly, impressive.

Last edited:

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
Literally anything by PinocchioP, though here I'll talk about Slow Motion. Man, what a good song! I swear these lyrics are genius. I don't even know how to explain why I like these lyrics so much, they're just... so perfect! Here are some of my favorite bits:

0:46 -"Stuck in a feverish daze, thinking, I'm not ready to die just yet"

0:49 -"Wearing that smug, self-satisfied face in your teens, Learning the meaning of shame and embarrassment in your 20's, Finally getting the full measure of yourself by your 30's, That's all part and parcel of one's human experience"

1:07 -"This song has been going on for about a minute, how long has it been since you were born?"

1:13 -"Slow-motion, from the cradle to the grave, stuck with a wildly fluctuating manic-depressive condition"

1:32 -"You're not the only one with a life full of regrets, so find some solace in that at least"

2:31 -"This song has got about 2 more minutes left in it, any word on how long before you kick the bucket?"

2:38 -"Graduation, the capstone of those years of toil, perfectly partitioned, that hatred and backstabbing kept just out of sight, I'd like to say that except for a few essential things, I don't really care to remember all that happened..."

2:54 -"Don't get me started on religion, a pile of blind, preconceived notions"

2:57 -"Even if you try to go out in style with a funny portrait on your casket, haters are gonna hate, and that's just the way it is"

3:28 -"Even when caught in the grip of this sentimental self-reflection, this sneezing still makes me look pretty dumb"

4:09 -"Slow-motion, even idols can't fight 'Father Time' for long" (the lyrics then say something like "eventually, they end up like everyone else")

4:21 -"I mean, sure, you want to meet the "right" person, but the true question is: what is "right", really?"

4:36 -"So there's no need to fret... probably"

Translation by descentsubs!

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
JubyPhonic's english cover of Love Me, Love Me, Love me.
The lyrics are a good mix of creepy/cute! And it sounds great, as usual from Juby.

Literally anything by PinocchioP, though here I'll talk about Slow Motion. Man, what a good song! I swear these lyrics are genius. I don't even know how to explain why I like these lyrics so much, they're just... so perfect!
Don't remind me, I can't tear my eyes away from the lyrics while playing Project Diva X. I just want to read them over and over. I really like the 0:49 part, too.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Well I love like around 90% of Breaking Benjamin songs (Diary of Jane, Dance with the Devil, Anthem of the Angel, Angel's fall, Evil Angel, Dear Agony, and the list will go on and on :clara_lili:)

Right now I'm in love with his new song, 'The Dark of You."

Part of the lyrics I like (I actually love the whole lyrics that I want to sing along sometimes. ^^)
Along the path we lost our way
It’s all a game that I must play
And now the weak that fall return to ash, defeated after all
Fade away to the wicked world we left
And I become the dark of you​
Lyric Music Video: Timestamp link

"Nothing I can't do"
Music: OkameP
Lyrics: Shikito Kazuki
I love this song because it's like a dialog between two unnamed characters. While I have this feeling for many OkameP songs, I can prove that this one is a dialog because it uses quotes to separate the uplifting lyrics that don't fit in the mess that this song is portraying. Somewhere around 2 minutes, the roles of main and sub character switch.

2:05 - "After freeing myself from this curse, I will go back to the flow of time"
2:09 - Re: "Please wake up soon"

2:30 - "This dream continued forever. Therefore, I try to be more gentle this time. I believe that you are in front of my eyes, so please, use all of your strength to hold me so tight that I start trembling"

3:06 - "Loneliness ends when two people unite"
3:10 - Re: "Towards the sky"

3:13 - "I will walk with you from the beginning; lead you until we meet our end"
3:19 - Re: "That is my duty"

3:24 - "The sorrowful look in your eyes and the hug you gave me"
3:29 - Re: "I will not forget"

These are just a few examples. The song contains so many things that you don't notice when you listen the first time.

And here comes a bummer: there is no English translation yet... I might do one sometime.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Funny how I just saw this thread today, because I've found an up and coming producer whose every song makes me think this.

I've lost control of the mainframe
I have no cards left to play
Half of my system has already crumbled

Is this poetic torture?
One seed, but still no orchard
Initiating back-up action,
Update: Live

The blue sea, the thunder
A full moon dips from under
The fire will fell her
I know we will surrender
I hope I lose this fight to die
And even so, I still must fight

Am I still human?
If all of myself is gone but soul?
What am I if all my pieces fade away?
Am I just a hole?
My mind is flatlining
For comfort I'm pining
Our garden is dying
One bud left
I still have no resolve

Now my hands are numb
I can't run
How I hid from the lie I know I won't see
Don't tell me goodbye

With gaze I spy
With holes I cry 'til I'm dry
I'll tremble 'til I fly away

That was just some of them.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

Crusher-P's "Again". Pretty much the entire song, but specifically "What am I supposed to say when I end up driving everyone away?" and "And you're never coming back and I'm not ok with that, and I should have never let myself get attached"

Project OverDoze "Stuck". Starting at 3:29, the lyrics "And it's too late for me now. Never ever learnt, never knew how. And can it be that this all, all that I'll ever be? So I am falling to the ground, I can't get up, I don't know how. And it seems like I am all, all I'll ever be."

Circus-P's "Goodbye", starting at 1:26, "Let me know when I go, will I be loved? Will someone care I'm not there, am I enough?"

I know these are all pretty gloomy but when I'm sad and I hear lyrics that hit close to home it's a very powerful feeling. I'll post more when I think of other lyrics that really stood out to me-I know there's definitely more but these are the first that popped into my head.

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
> Elbow - Magnificent (She Says) (0:55)
And where a tiny pair of hands
Finds a sea-worn piece of glass
And sets it as a sapphire in her mind
And there she stands
Throwing both her arms around the world
A world that doesn't even know
How much it needs this little girl

So hopeful and pretty. I love the imagery of glass and sapphire in the mind, how striking is the importance of the girl and yet the blindness of the world. It's been beautifully interconnected. ♡ I feel like this part of the lyrics in specific is quite a call for contemplation, leading to comprehension that everyone has their own distinctiveness; whether or not it will be recognised/seen, the beauty of this young girl's mind is naturally independent. The way the guy sings it, it really does sound like the world is totally missing out on her. It's so cute.

> iroha(sasaki) - Saika (HD / subbed) (0:28)
Your dreams and the life you inherited
Are flickering lights and your glittering soul illuminates the evening
The dark-coloured curtains are falling
And you looked fondly at the twinkling stars
The shining moon is coloured by the fragrance of flowers

(Lyrics by 蒼雨宇宙)

This is a song of admiration, and it has this slightly sorrowful softness to it. It feels like it could be about a life ending, but the more I think of it, the more I'm thankful for the ambiguity in it. 'Cause the beauty of life is heavily, heavily illustrated all throughout the lyrics. So even with the delicate sorrow playing behind it, and even the pat tenses, it's probably an effect of it being so deep (really, look at it). I love how the words perfectly build the balance of emotions and lenses. It is narrated very lovingly and thus it doesn't feel menacing or even negative at all. It seems hopeful in it's own way.

I tried my best to illustrate it!. :kaito_move: Really, they're super beautiful.

edit: Argh I got into a fight with the spoiler functions, i hope it's working alright now ><

Last edited:

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
I've been listening to Hamilton really, so pretty much all of the lyrics are good. But here are some of my favorites lol.

Then a hurricane came and devastation reigned,
Our man saw his future drip, drippin' down the drain.
Put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain
and he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain.

(I like the wording with this one for some reason, I just like it.)

And another...

There would've been nothing left to do for someone less astute
he would've been dead or destitute without a cent of restitution.

(I like rhymes... So this made me happy.)

And...

Well the word got around, they said
"This kid is insane, man!"
Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland
"Get your education, don't forget from whence you came,
And the world's gonna know your name."
What's your name, man?!
Alexander Hamilton.

(I also like sudden transitions. It changed from upbeat to slow so quickly, and I appreciate that impact.)
Sir, I heard your name at Princeton
I was seeking an accelerated course of study
When I got sort of out of sorts with a buddy of yours
I may have punched him it’s a blur, sir
He handles the financials?

You punched the bursar?

Yes

(Hamilton was so dorky in this song, lol.)
And...

Oui oui, mon ami, je m’appelle Lafayette
The Lancelot of the revolutionary set
I came from afar just to say bonsoir
Tell the king casse-toi
Who’s the best, c’est moi

(Lafayette is best boi, you cannot change my mind.)

And...

Burr, the revolution’s imminent, what do you stall for?

If you stand for nothing Burr, what’ll you fall for?

Oh, who are you oh, who are you oh, who are you?

Oh, who is this kid, what’s he gonna do?

(Alex's sudden interruption is beautiful. John, Lafayette, and Hercules' reactions even more so.)
There's nothing like summer in the city,
Someone in a rush next to someone looking pretty.
Excuse me miss, I know it's not funny,
But your perfume smells like your daddy's got money.
Why you slummin' in the city with your fancy heels?
Searchin' for an urchin who can give you ideals.

Burr, you disgust me...

Ah, so you've dicussed me...

I'm a trust fund baby, you can trust me.

(That was smooth, Burr... Smooth)
My dog speaks more eloquently than thee~!

(It speaks for itself...)
When you're gone, I'll go mad
So don't throw away this thing we had.
Cuz when push comes to shove

I will kill your friends and family to remind you of my love.

(King George III is a total yandere...)
ALL OF IT. But, here's my favorite verse...

Alexander, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face...
I have never been the same.
Intelligent eyes in a hunger-pang frame,
And when you said "Hi," I forgot my dang name.Set my heart aflame, ev'ry part aflame.

(Angelica Best Girl.)
Congratulations
You have invented a new kind of stupid
A 'damage you can never undo' kind of stupid
An 'open all the cages in the zoo' kind of stupid
'Truly, you didn't think this through?' kind of stupid
Let's review
You took a rumor a few maybe two people knew and refuted it by sharing an affair of which no one has accused you
I begged you to take a break, you refused to
So scared of what your enemies will do to you
You're the only enemy you ever seem to lose to
You know why Jefferson can do what he wants?
He doesn't dignify school-yard taunts with a response!
So yeah, congratulations!
(The burn in this one is amazing... (See what I did there???))
Heaven forbid someone whisper

"He's part of some scheme!"

Your enemy whispers, So you have to scream!

I know about whispers...

I see how you look at my sister...

(I love how unexpected that was, lol.)

uwu So many songs I haven't even mentioned lol... Hamilton is awesome, and Lin Manuel Miranda is a genius...

Last edited:

Alan

New Fan
Aug 22, 2018
My go-to favourite lyrics are probably from Sondheim and it's from West Side Story:
"When you're a Jet,
You're the swingingest thing!
Little boy, you're a man.
Little man, you're a king!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)