• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Medium⁵ Updates/Discussion Thread (Quadimension voices)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ddickky said that it's expected that the upgrade fee for people who own the respective voicebanks will be around 50CNY ($7) each, with the aim being to make it as low as possible. Considering how awful VOCALOID upgrade fees can be sometimes (looking at you, V5) I'm pretty pleased with that, especially if we can add 15CNY as before to purchase the boxed versions. Getting a boxed SynthV VB for $10 sounds pretty sexy.
Excusez mon français, but FUCK YES! I'm gonna have two Haiyis once all is said and done~

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Of all the witches, I think I liked Xingchen's design the best, but I'm astonished at how lovely they all look! ATDan never fails to make such beautiful art of our girls~

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Seems like Quadimension have remembered they have a VPN and have updated their Twitter account. The last time they actually posted on Twitter was in 2018, barring automatic posts from YouTube uploads, and they haven't been properly active since 2017. It's nice to see this, in combination with the seemingly regular YouTube uploads now.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Going to post here to avoid clogging the main Synthesizer V thread. As you will know, Dreamtonics have announced Synthesizer V Studio Pro as the next generation of Synthesizer V. With it, Quadimension have announced both that they are releasing updates for all their vocals, and will be making a male and a female vocal. The male had a demo shown on the livestream, but there isn't an upload of it that I know of yet. The female vocal will be released in the second half of 2020.

Regarding the updates, preorders are open. For those of you who own a first generation version of any of the girls, you can get a special upgrade price of 50CNY (~$7). If you own a license for the Synthesizer V editor, you can upgrade that for 200CNY (~$28). I'll keep this thread updated with news of the girls and also the new Quadimension voices.

• Love
Reactions: Wario94 and Leon

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
The new boi sounds great 😍

So they're making kind of new universe or what? 🤔
Possibly! It's not quite clear where he fits in with the Medium⁵ girls yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing his design. He's like my ideal voice type for a male, so I'm happy.

Reactions: Wario94

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Probably very important for me to note that the Medium⁵ 1st generation vocals (Chiyu, Shian, Cangqiong, Haiyi) have all been retired and are no longer available for purchase on Quadimension's Taobao. This by extension means that their boxed versions are now unavailable as well. Also, if you have the 1st generation vocals and decide to upgrade, it should be noted that after they are upgraded the old serial code will become invalid and cannot be activated on any further devices. However, if you have it activated already it can still be used. This is supposedly a measure to prevent people upgrading, then selling off their old vocal to turn a profit (since the upgrade price is so low).

___

Oct 8, 2019
it should be noted that after they are upgraded the old serial code will become invalid and cannot be activated on any further devices. However, if you have it activated already it can still be used. This is supposedly a measure to prevent people upgrading, then selling off their old vocal to turn a profit (since the upgrade price is so low)
Well.....people can still just..deactivate their serial for their 1st gen vocal and re-sell it and then activate their 2nd gen one right? If I'm not missing something then that wouldn't be very effective prevention but just an inconvenience to people who want to own both. But again, if I'm not undrstanding something correctly lemme know.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Well.....people can still just..deactivate their serial for their 1st gen vocal and re-sell it and then activate their 2nd gen one right? If I'm not missing something then that wouldn't be very effective prevention but just an inconvenience to people who want to own both. But again, if I'm not undrstanding something correctly lemme know.
Technically yes, but then the person that bought the serial would be unable to deactivate it / activate it any further times. It's possible, but a risk that they would have to accept.

Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Question: how WOULD I go about getting the Haiyi and Cangqiong updates? I have to get them through Superbuy, of course, but... do I send the serials as proof I have the OGs? Can you FIT those twelve-line-long serials, much less two of them, in the Message to the Seller slot?

Reactions: Leon

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Trying to find out currently. I sent an email to Ddickky but I'm still waiting for a reply. I'll let people know when he responds.

Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)