• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Medium⁵ Updates/Discussion Thread (Quadimension voices)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Looks like he's going to be a young teenage character, which means Fukase & Piko fans will headcanon him as 35, naturally. I wonder if they'll go for a male voice actor or a female one, like Len? I know traditional preference is towards men, but women can do a really good young male voice if they're skilled, so I'm not against it either way.

Reactions: xuu

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I have to admit, I feel kind of disappointed that he doesn't have a fantastical design like the girls. (My mental image of some sort of anti-Stardust, lord of darkness has been ruined.)
:ring_ani_lili:
It looks like 2 sets of him, the ones on the right being older (16), I guess? Jacket open and closed. And two different shoes.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think since this is a design for the game they're making, his SynthV design might be more impressive. I like his general look, but really wish he was older. If this is the design for the SynthV VB, I'll be a little disappointed since it's almost directly the same look that VSinger have Moke going for.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I honestly adore his design! It’s more modern and less fantastical, sure, but it’s also very sleek. It invokes something like a futuristic bodysuit for me (I have a specific anime in mind, though I don’t know what it is - it’s not Evangelion, but something like that); it fits right in with Quad’s image, I think! (I do hope they go with the 16-year-old design, though. We’re always in desperate need of more mature male vocals.)

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

I swear, the first several times looking at this, I could barely tell the difference. But now I notice that on top of boots vs shoes, his pants are light grey vs dark and that's not actually the same jacket (I thought it was the same jacket zipped/unzipped, but one is more of a blazer and one looks like an outdoor jacket.

I am hoping if they show more official artwork, that the minor age difference and barely noticeable palette change/design tweaks are, well, actually noticeable. I don't understand why we need 4 extremely similar variations. I know I'm being kind of harsh, but it seems like the design could've been worked on a bit more. Maybe the older version could've had sharper eyes, a more noticeable height/build difference, or his hair pushed back or something that would make this mysterious concept pay off.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think there's a couple of inaccuracies in the tweet. We've known about M52050 for a while, it's a game they're making. These are likely his designs from the game (Cangqiong looks very different) and not indicative of his SynthV design. I think we should wait a little more before making any concrete judgements.
Holy hell, Cangqiong look FIERCE. I wouldn’t mind seeing some of that incorporated into her SynthV design!

Reactions: Leon and xuu

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
For anyone wanting to buy them through Taobao who has trouble navigating or adding items to your cart: Superbuy won't purchase download-only items for you, but Taobao Focus will! Once they process your order request, they'll ask you to provide the email you want your purchases sent to, and eventually you'll get that sweet, sweet email! It's a process - I placed the initial order last week and just got the email at about 2 this morning, which was 11 hours ago - but for anyone having issues with Taobao who either doesn't wanna wait for ANiCUTE to sell them, or wants to buy them directly from the source, it's a great option! Their customer service was excellent.

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
For those of you who have your own Discord account, I did create this Discord server which forces on both Quadimension and Medium⁵!
Here's the link to go in:

(P.S. For those who don't have your Discord account, my advice is to create it first.)

Forgot one thing: since it's in China Time right now, today is Haiyi's birthday!

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Since no one posted this yet, a couple of days ago Ddickky revealed it on Weibo that Muxin's demo will be announced This coming Friday. At the same time, he also revealed a new female voicebank named minus and her demo will be release on August 12th.

Reactions: uncreepy

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Aaaaaaaaand here come the "oFf-BrAnD mOkE" comments.

Ngl, I actually adore his design! It's a lot more low-key than Quadimension's previous designs, but it's handsome and charming. I really hope Anicute will be selling him as well, that way I don't have to muscle my way through Taobao again...

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
As expected he's beautiful. The design is much better too, he fits in really well with the others! One thing to note is that an expression group called "A3-Soft" is used, which they say is for internal use only at the moment in the description. He will be released on August 15th and is available at two price points: 550CNY ($79) for established Quadimension customers and 650CNY ($86) for everyone else until September 7th, at which point it'll likely go up to 750CNY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)