• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Medium⁵ Updates/Discussion Thread (Quadimension voices)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
五维介质 Medium⁵
This is a thread for discussion of the Quadimension characters/voices commonly known as Medium⁵ (五维介质).

What is Medium⁵?

Medium⁵ is a group of characters and voices created by Beijing Photek S&T Development Co., Ltd., also known as the music circle Quadimension. The first and most well known character was Xingchen (Stardust), formerly known as Quadimensionko, who was announced in 2015 to be recieving a VOCALOID4 voicebank developed by Shanghai HENIAN Information Technology Co. Ltd., who are well known for producing the Vsinger vocals for VOCALOID. Xingchen was released in 2016 and is one of the more popular Chinese VOCALOIDs.

After expressing interest in growing the cast to 5 members in 2017, they debuted a second vocal and Xingchen's younger sister, Haiyi in 2018. She was followed by Cangqiong in early 2019. After this point it was announced that Quadimension would develop voices for the Synthesizer V engine; the first released being Chiyu, then Shian, then Cangqiong with Haiyi being the latest release for the software. It has been mention that there are plans to develop and release a Chinese and English voice for Xingchen on SynthV, though this may become voices for ZERO if the voice does not sound similar to VOCALOID.

Who is ZERO?

The Medium⁵ Concept Trailer "ZERO":

It would seem that ZERO is the originator of Medium⁵, living in an apparently war-torn world. In the trailer, she splits herself into the Medium⁵ girls. You can see that she posessed the full "Metatron's Cube", which now the Medium⁵ girls represent in parts. Since she most resembles Xingchen, Ddickky said that they would use Chalili as her voice provider as well, and depending on how the results turn out they'll make the voicebanks into either Xingchen if it sounds like her VOCALOID, or ZERO.

Why is it Xingchen/ZERO instead of just Xingchen or ZERO?

Basically, the difference between VOCALOID's output and the recordings provided is pretty big, but with Synthesizer V it isn't as big. Depending on how the voicebank turns out in Synthesizer V it will be called one or the other. Due to Xingchen and ZERO being very similar in appearence and voice, etc Chalili is suitable to voice both. The way Ddickky put it was "Xingchen and ZERO are not two people, nor can they be a single person".

[profiles under construction]

Last edited:

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
OH! I've never seen that video so I was quite confused about the ZERO thing. But I'm happy to see they used Quadimensionko's/Stardust's intital design for her, I liked it a lot and didn't get the backlash it got. Very interesting. I like all of their voices so I'm quite excited to see them becoming SynthV vocals!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Thank you for posting these summaries about each of them. I feel like after reading about them that I have more questions than answers, though. ^^;

I wonder if there was controversy about ZERO's design because she kind of looks like a greyish haired Miku Append + regular Miku?

I am not sure if they are just going to port the UTAU voices over to Synth V (like Yamine Renri) or if they are going to rerecord the voices? Or if only new voicebanks will be specifically recorded for Synth V (ex: Stardust/ZERO English and Chiyu)?

I'm curious if the male voice will be a sibling like how all the girls are sisters, if he'll be from the same "universe" as them, or if he'll be random. Also, will he be young or older?

Lastly, I feel like this is really exciting, getting to look forward to all of these new voices. But since they are all Chinese except for the one Stardust/ZERO English, we might have to brace ourselves for people making the Chinese Synth Vloids speak English. But, we still have time to brush up on our Chinese skills before they're released! XD;

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I wonder if there was controversy about ZERO's design because she kind of looks like a greyish haired Miku Append + regular Miku?
There actually was! I think moreso overseas than in China, but her design (or something like it) was what Xingchen was intitially revealed to look like. Due to the backlash she was redesigned into what we now know Xingchen to be.

I am not sure if they are just going to port the UTAU voices over to Synth V (like Yamine Renri) or if they are going to rerecord the voices? Or if only new voicebanks will be specifically recorded for Synth V (ex: Stardust/ZERO English and Chiyu)?
I think they will completely re-record to match with SynthV's recording standards. They have the audio equipment to make good voicebanks, and I'm sure that they recorded in a different way for UTAU. I think at the moment only Haiyi and Cangqiong have finished private voices, so it would make sense to re-record them I guess.

But since they are all Chinese except for the one Stardust/ZERO English, we might have to brace ourselves for people making the Chinese Synth Vloids speak English.
I'm quite happy to report that thanks to how SynthV voices are programmed with machine learning, the Chinese ones take to English rather well! Arguably better than the Japanese voices. Of course, it's not exact and sometimes they can sound a little funky but it's pretty close. I hope that we'll see some English voices from VOLOR though.

With the male voice I honestly have no clue. I just hope he sounds good~

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
2019/04/11

Quadimension have released a demo on Synthesizer V for Chiyu. It's just her singing "na" with no parameter changes, but she's happening!! I'm so excited.

Medium⁵・Synthesizer V Chiyu | No lyrics audition
More details will be released soon
EDIT: Also found this from Kide_Lam's page (I'm assuming they're the person who made the demonstration). Also have her teaser video that I completely missed on Weibo. RIP my wallet.

Last edited:

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
oh no, I think I might have a new favorite. The small snippets that I could see of her design made me very excited and I really like her voice so far.
Red designs are always so cool aahh

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
oh no, I think I might have a new favorite. The small snippets that I could see of her design made me very excited and I really like her voice so far.
Red designs are always so cool aahh
I'm feeling the same way... I thought Cangqiong would certainly be my favourite but now Chiyu is competing for it... I wonder what Shian will sound like, now that she's the only one we haven't actually heard.

Reactions: Mika

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
AHHHH!!! AHHH!!! SHE'S MULTIPITCH!!! I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW...

She seems to have four pitches in total, B3, D#4, A4 and D5. She's BEAUTIFUL and has a really powerful tone... I'm certainly buying her.

On another note, I started a channel for mirrors of bilibili uploads regarding Synthesizer V. If any company wants these taken down I'll do so happily, but it seems like Quadimension etc aren't active on YT and it's hard for users from mainland China to use YT anyway. Hope everyone is okay with this.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Chiyu will be available for preorder from April 19th. Quadimension say that she passed internal testing with flying colours and will be the first voicebank equipped with something that basically translates to a manually activated falsetto pitch. Also on the 19th will be the release of her official demo song(s) and her design. On the 26th they will launch something called the "创作者声库体验邀请计划" but I have no clue what it actually is.

Reactions: uncreepy and Mika

Pup-p

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Chiyu will be available for preorder from April 19th. Quadimension say that she passed internal testing with flying colours and will be the first voicebank equipped with something that basically translates to a manually activated falsetto pitch. Also on the 19th will be the release of her official demo song(s) and her design. On the 26th they will launch something called the "创作者声库体验邀请计划" but I have no clue what it actually is.
Google translate says it's a "Creator Sound Library Experience Invitation Program". So maybe a trial or something

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Chiyu's official demo, 翡夜Racing Game (Late Night Racing Game), and her design have been revealed!
I'm completely enamoured at this point. Her design is absolutely gorgeous and she sounds great. Seems like she'll be a really flexible vocal.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, but she's available for preorder on Taobao.

Last edited:

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
Chiyu's official demo, 翡夜Racing Game (Late Night Racing Game), and her design have been revealed!
I'm completely enamoured at this point. Her design is absolutely gorgeous and she sounds great. Seems like she'll be a really flexible vocal.
GOD DOES ZENO DO A GOOD DEMO SONG
She sounds divine.

Reactions: xuu

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
I'm saying!! It seems like ZENO is doing at least one demo per girl so I hope this trend continues. Genuinely can't wait until all 5 of them have voicebanks and we get to hear them sing together.
Ikr :0

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Welcome Chiyu! :chiyu_lili: After all the M news it's easy to forget she's only their second product released.
So fast!! She looks so cute... I want to get her medal already but I should probably wait a bit now, aha. Maybe until Shian's VB is revealed...?

EDIT: I forgot to mention it earlier but Chiyu will release April 30th as a digital download according to her product listing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngoomie and lIlI

ngoomie

New Fan
Jan 22, 2019
what price is she listed for? I'd go and check myself, but last time I tried finding something on Taobao it was kind of a pain unless I signed up, which I don't really want to do at the moment

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
what price is she listed for? I'd go and check myself, but last time I tried finding something on Taobao it was kind of a pain unless I signed up, which I don't really want to do at the moment
She's around $90 dollars digitally (598 RMB ) cause of the discount, but the price will rise to around 628 RMB ( Around more than 100$ )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)