• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Miku is getting her own animated series with direct input from CFM

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Not really a good turn of events. At this point I want to hear CFM say something before I can believe this will actually happen. Something just feels off about all this... Crypton not saying anything despite it being two days since the article was published. The only thing we've heard from the parties involved was a Graphic India tweet (reposted later on their Facebook etc.) linking to the same article and using an image from a seemingly random source without copyright and artist credit (something CFM tends to ask it's partners to use when using images of CFM characters).

All could be just different business culture and poor PR management, but it's all starting to weird me out. The news seems too detailed to be a canard though. It's just weird how any of the parties involved haven't given out a press release, let alone any kind of official statement apart from the one tweet by GI.

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
Same here, I'm not going to believe anything until Crypton confirms it.

I think I've become morbidly fascinated by what GI will end up putting out though. At worst, at least we might get some laughs out of it. I can see this becoming a meme along the lines of "HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU" a few years down the road.

This is assuming GI ends up releasing anything at all, of course.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
If Crypton doesn't make an official statement soon, I'm just gonna assume this will likely become a vaporware project similar to Ring Suzune. I'm surprised we've had another Kafu-style PR disaster so quickly.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I feel like it's something Wat would mention, but he's probably avoiding tweeting because the Miku NT update is late (was supposed to take 1 week or 10 days) so he's hiding in his underground bunker.

Honestly, though, I feel like the reason might be 1) they don't have artwork ready so Crypton won't mention it til it's further along. 2) Carlin West's website shows the Hatsune Miku logo + Graphic India tweeted about it, proving the exclusive interview wasn't made up by the writer (so doesn't that imply Hiroyuki Itoh would be in on it as well?). I just refuse to believe Graphic India would be lying because they've worked with superhero IP before and worked with companies like Cartoon Network, I feel like lying for no reason would hurt their company and have no benefit.

The tweet from Graphic India was just a confirmation they are doing it, it didn't even say any words other than linking to the news article. So I feel like even they don't have much to say about it because they probably just sealed the deal recently or something and have nothing ready to say/show other than that.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
At this point I also think the project is very real, but announced at a very early stage. I wouldn‘t be surprised if we don‘t get any updates for several months. If they had anything to show yet, they would‘ve done so, so I assume they only have plans and no finished animation parts yet.
And I wouldn‘t call it a PR disaster, things are just pointing towards it being one of many Miku projects of rather small scope, which is why it doesn‘t get PR through Crypton‘s official channels yet at this early stage.
Miku Land is a good example, it is an official project and had a full Beta stage that noone except me seems to have even heard of, because Crypton didn‘t promote it until they were ready to announce the release version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)