• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Non-Vocal Synth Audio Software/Hardware Sale Thread

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
This is a thread for sharing sale news about non-vocal synth audio software or hardware. So news about sales on DAWs, plugins, keyboards/amplifiers/other hardware, etc., are examples of things that might go here.

I'll start us off with iZotope's current promotion on Ozone Elements 8. Since they will be releasing Ozone Elements 9 soon, they are giving away 8 for free from 9/25 to 10/2. When 9 releases, they promise to offer special pricing on it as well.

You can see further info about Ozone 8 here. From what I can see, it's a tool that helps with mastering; for more info on the features of the various tiers of Ozone, see this page.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
PreSonus is having a sale on Studio One Professional. They're offering 25% off for new purchases, and 33% off for upgrades/crossgrades:

This will last until 2020. Not sure how this might impact their usual end-of-year 50%-off sale; seems kind of weird if they still have it, given the overlapping timeframes, but that sale seems to occur pretty much every year. And 25-30% off seems pretty typical to me for sales that aren't the big end-of-year one, so maybe there's nothing so unusual here. Still, I wonder if there's anything special about this year?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@RazzyRu (ラゼル), @Kona (I think there was a way to @ mention the mods, but I forget what it was/haven't been able to find it. :miku3_move: Sorry!): Would it make sense to sticky this thread so it's in the same place as the Voice Synth Sales Thread/any other such threads we might have under News? I don't know how often people browse the subforum views, but at least it might be that much easier to find that way.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
@RazzyRu (ラゼル), @Kona (I think there was a way to @ mention the mods, but I forget what it was/haven't been able to find it. :miku3_move: Sorry!): Would it make sense to sticky this thread so it's in the same place as the Voice Synth Sales Thread/any other such threads we might have under News? I don't know how often people browse the subforum views, but at least it might be that much easier to find that way.
Upon discussing with Kona, we both agreed it would be beneficial for producers and musicians, especially for beginners or those interested in picking up new gear. Hopefully that will make things easier, and helpful!

As for mentioning all mods or admins, you can type @ then "moderator" or "administrator" and the option should come up! (Remember, "@/Moderator" will only mention moderators and "@/Administrator" will only mention Admins!) If not, what you did is fine! These days, I check often throughout the day, so I found it easily and brought it up with the rest of the team. :kaito_move:

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Upon discussing with Kona, we both agreed it would be beneficial for producers and musicians, especially for beginners or those interested in picking up new gear. Hopefully that will make things easier, and helpful!

As for mentioning all mods or admins, you can type @ then "moderator" or "administrator" and the option should come up! (Remember, "@/Moderator" will only mention moderators and "@/Administrator" will only mention Admins!) If not, what you did is fine! These days, I check often throughout the day, so I found it easily and brought it up with the rest of the team. :kaito_move:
Thanks very much to you both! Hopefully people find that helpful! And thanks for the reminder about how the @/Moderator/Administrator works, too!

Reactions: razelberii

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
STL Tones is offering 30% off on all products:

For those not familiar with STL Tones, they publish the STL Tonality guitar amp sim suites, which are probably tied with Neural DSP as the best VST amp sims currently on the market. I prefer the STL Tonality series because they have a great user interface and they're developed by Ignite Amps, who have a bunch of free guitar related stuff that rivals most commercial equivalents.

Yup, great free stuff here:

The Will Putney and Andy James STL Tonality suites are metal-orientated, but they both have a clean option. However, the Howard Benson suite has multiple clean options if that's more your thing. In any case, great stuff for those who use guitars or guitar VSTs in their tracks (unless you're more of a Neural DSP fan).

Maybe one of these days I'll make a howto for the free Ignite Amps stuff, but not in this thread.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I made an account and downloaded the plugin, but nothing's showing up under my License Key page, nor is anything showing on the license manager that was downloaded along with my plugin. I've got the activation key but I don't know where to put it.
1581642468574.png

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
I made an account and downloaded the plugin, but nothing's showing up under my License Key page, nor is anything showing on the license manager that was downloaded along with my plugin. I've got the activation key but I don't know where to put it.
View attachment 2995
Look in "Orders" on the plugincentral website and it will say something like this under "Order Details":

Use the following activation code before March 11, 2020 in order to get a free license:
0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-00

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Whilst I'm here, IK Multimedia is having a sale on both MODO BASS and MODO DRUMS.

I bought MODO BASS the last time it was on sale, and I've been waiting for MODO DRUMS to go on sale ever since. (At the time of that prior sale, my 8.5 year-old computer did not support the AVX extensions necessary to run MODO DRUMS, so I passed on the offer.)

Curiously, because I already own MODO BASS, this time they offered me MODO DRUMS as a crossgrade for even cheaper than advertised. Nice!

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Look in "Orders" on the plugincentral website and it will say something like this under "Order Details":

Use the following activation code before March 11, 2020 in order to get a free license:
0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-00
I've got that. I downloaded it all. Does that mean it's automatically activated or do I have to activate it somewhere? Forgive my ignorance! I've never downloaded from this website before.

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I've got that. I downloaded it all. Does that mean it's automatically activated or do I have to activate it somewhere? Forgive my ignorance! I've never downloaded from this website before.
After downloading, install it, then open it. A license manager app will then install with your permission. Then log in inside the license manager and put in your activation code. Easier said than done, though. I tried for 15 minutes to get it to accept my username and password, and even reset them a few times and made sure they worked on the website, but the license manager always refused my login info, so I rage deleted it along with the Pulsar Smasher, although I suspect it's still somewhere on my hard drive.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
All I did was double-click the installer and let it do its thing, then run iLok (which was already installed on my system) and enter the activation code, and then start up my DAW and select the plugin.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
After downloading, install it, then open it. A license manager app will then install with your permission. Then log in inside the license manager and put in your activation code. Easier said than done, though. I tried for 15 minutes to get it to accept my username and password, and even reset them a few times and made sure they worked on the website, but the license manager always refused my login info, so I rage deleted it along with the Pulsar Smasher, although I suspect it's still somewhere on my hard drive.
The license manager needs an iLok account, which is different from the plugincentral account you used to download the plugin. iLok is used for a lot of audio plugins, for better or for worse.

Reactions: Overcast Immortal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)