• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[Original] Voice from the Forest (ft. Len ENG & Daina )

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
This really is a great piece. I was not expecting it to be as emotionally powerful as it became for me. The longer the song went on, the more I longed for it to arrive at what I perceived to be the tonic at the beginning (A), but it never did. I think that, and your use of repeated diminished 5ths is why it was so effective for me. Did you mean to use the E Phrygian mode for this song?

• Love
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
This really is a great piece. I was not expecting it to be as emotionally powerful as it became for me. The longer the song went on, the more I longed for it to arrive at what I perceived to be the tonic at the beginning (A), but it never did. I think that, and your use of repeated diminished 5ths is why it was so effective for me. Did you mean to use the E Phrygian mode for this song?
Thanks so much for the comment, AALLF! :midorizakikasumi_lili:

But truth be told I don't know music theory, I only created the song by ear. Keeping notes if they had sound nice. :kyo_ani_lili:

Reactions: AALLF

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
:LOL: Well, it fooled me. It's great. I think of music theory as a way to understand why things sound nice anyway, not necessarily how to make things sound nice.
It reminds me of piano pieces that I heard in the music composition department in college. People could listen to your song in the music department and it would fit right in.

I'm not a music theory expert, but I think I hear it in the E phrygian mode. You even have that bit of chromaticism at the end with the raised 7th scale degree (D#), reminiscent of the harmonic minor scale. Then again, I kinda hear it in F Lydian too.

Anyway, it sounds great. I'll be sure to listen to more of your songs!

• Love
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)