• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Piapro playing back late in DAW

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Piapro itself isn't acting up: when I work within it, it's just fine. But when I try playing it back in the DAW with its backing track, it starts playing nearly three beats late.
  • I've tried unchecking the Meter and Tempo buttons in Piapro. That didn't work.
  • The tempo in both Piapro and the DAW are the same.
  • I've fiddled around with the send times within Piapro. That didn't change anything.
  • This has happened before, and I gave up trying to figure it out because the cover I was working with was more experimental than anything, but I intend to finish this one.
  • I'm using Tracktion Waveform Free.
Anyone else have this issue before?

1587670655752.png

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
It's been a long time since I last used Piapro, but I remember it having a pre-send buffer that needs to be filled before anything plays. In the editor this is represented by some darkened bars at the beginning of the piano roll. If you need the vocals to start right away, you need to add some blank measures in front.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I don't think it's the pre-send buffer... the vocals don't come in until Measure 13. I tried adding some blank notes in front of where they begin, just in case, but nothing changed.

EDIT: I moved the backing track over the rough length of the pre-send buffer in Piapro and it's lining up now... the reason it's baffling to me is that this has only happened one other time. Every other time, pre-send be damned, it's matched up perfectly. Maybe those were just oddities?

Last edited:

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Then perhaps your DAW is putting Piapro to sleep when nothing is playing, and only wakes it up when the first note occurs, triggering the pre-send delay. In FL Studio there is a "smart disable" macro that can cause issues similar to this with other plugins. (I haven't tried it with Piapro.) Perhaps Waveform has a similar option...?

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
There's not one that I can find... on top of that, it was working just fine yesterday. It lined up perfectly. So I'm completely at a loss as to what's going on.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Have you tried "cheating" by adding a short note at three measures before the vocal starts? If that works, you can automate the vocal fader in your DAW to get rid of the wake-up note.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
That note also played three beats late. I tried adding notes right at the the beginning and end of Piapro's pre-feed buffer area. Nothin'.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Just another quick thought: Have you tried moving the Piapro music ahead three measures? That way it will technically be late, but in the context of the music it is on time...? Maybe...?

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Right now I've got the backing track moved ahead three beats, and it's lining up. It's frustrating in that I can no longer rely on measure numbers, but it's something. And once I'm done with the fine-tuning, I'll render each part out as WAVs and line them up with the music so I can rely on measures again. That's the only fix I can think of at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)