• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Pokemon General

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, I can't afford a Switch but if this Pokemon Switch game is similar to the Shadow pokemon series I'll have to buy it eventually... Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness is my jam. If the eventual Sinnoh remakes aren't on 3DS I'll be salty...

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I wouldn't mind a game like the Gale of Darkness, but I just want it to feel a bit more fleshed out. That was one of my only gripes with the game...that and I found the variety of pokemon to be overall lacking

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Glad other people still haven't managed to finish Ultra Sun/Moon hah...

Come to think of it, I've never played any home console Pokemon games after the N64 ones. Looking forward to the Switch title though!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Anyone else see the news about how there was originally an evolution to Raichu named Gorochu? Pretty interesting to me, especially bc they pretty much cut him out again for Pichu (unless the family was originally planned as a four stage evolution from the start, but that still wouldn't explain why Gorochu died)

I kinda wonder how it'd change evolution. Like put Raichu as a level evolution and Gorochu as the thunder stone evolution? Raichu being a favorite of mine just makes mevso curious, especially design wise.

Gorochu just makes so many questions go through my head! I'm so curious to know more or like since they released this info, maybe turn Pikachu into a split evolution in the future with Raichu or Gorochu?? That'd be pretty cool, I admit.

Reactions: lil_eggo

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
According to rumors, the Switch games will be Let's Go! Pikachu and Let's Go! Eevee...tbh sounds like it'll be an evolved Hey You, Pikachu if that's what it is. I guess if it's real, it might be a spinoff just to see how well Pokemon could do on Switch

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
According to rumors, the Switch games will be Let's Go! Pikachu and Let's Go! Eevee...tbh sounds like it'll be an evolved Hey You, Pikachu if that's what it is. I guess if it's real, it might be a spinoff just to see how well Pokemon could do on Switch
If the hyped Switch games are just spinoffs, I can't wait for the eventual fandom meltdown. ("WHERE'S GEN 8/THE SINNOH REMAKES BAWWW")

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I think it'd be hilarious to have just Switch spinoffs then Nintendo suddenly comes out with a new handheld/New 3DS successor and Pokemon gen 8/Sinnoh remakes are launch tirles. I'd love to see reactions of people who bought a Switch primarily for all the Pokemon on Switch hints

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
I think it'd be hilarious to have just Switch spinoffs then Nintendo suddenly comes out with a new handheld/New 3DS successor and Pokemon gen 8/Sinnoh remakes are launch tirles. I'd love to see reactions of people who bought a Switch primarily for all the Pokemon on Switch hints
Don't tempt fate! (Though the inevitable shitstorm would be funny as fuck to watch).

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Okay the fandom won't explode. The rumor has been confirmed fake...though at the same time I'd actually be pretty interested in seeing what it could've been.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Okay the fandom won't explode. The rumor has been confirmed fake...though at the same time I'd actually be pretty interested in seeing what it could've been.
So I guess Gen 8 on Switch is still on the cards? (I can't see any Sinnoh or other region remakes dropping on Switch first. Unless Game Freak and Nintendo troll us by releasing Sinnoh remakes on 3DS using Sun & Moon's engine.)

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Where did you find that? I haven't been able to find anything that confirms it's fake so far.

I mean, I'm taking the whole thing with a HUGE grain of salt, but all I see are people still discussing the possibility of a game. Haven't seen anyone say it's confirmed fake yet. Serebii posted an update on the rumour too (apparently the domains are registered or something).

Anyway, idrc if it's real or fake, it really just depends what the game is like. I'll remain skeptical until there's definite proof either way. (Also I find it really weird Serebii's posting about rumours without any concrete proof to confirm/disprove it. Afaik they usually don't.) :nemu_lili:

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
U don't remember where I saw it avtually. I think I saw a tweet or something? But we'll see

I also think it's weird Serebiibis posting about it...I don't recall them ever jumping on rumors. My guess is they got on the rumor train just like everyone else seems to before E3. I remember seeing Nintendo filing for more trademarks and licenses and such, but I can't remember if Pokemon was included?

And on Sinnoh remakes, I doubt they'll be on Switch. I think it'll just use the same engine as Sun/Moon especially because the games aren't that extensive and I don't think they'll add much to it. Unless they remake Platinum too and do something special but the third games have yet to ever be remade (Yellow/Crystal/Emerald)

Reactions: Pomelo

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
Anyone else see the news about how there was originally an evolution to Raichu named Gorochu? Pretty interesting to me, especially bc they pretty much cut him out again for Pichu (unless the family was originally planned as a four stage evolution from the start, but that still wouldn't explain why Gorochu died)

I kinda wonder how it'd change evolution. Like put Raichu as a level evolution and Gorochu as the thunder stone evolution? Raichu being a favorite of mine just makes mevso curious, especially design wise.

Gorochu just makes so many questions go through my head! I'm so curious to know more or like since they released this info, maybe turn Pikachu into a split evolution in the future with Raichu or Gorochu?? That'd be pretty cool, I admit.
so cool! I love after all these years, little new facts and tidbits creep out here and there! also - I got near the end of ultra moon but didn't really finish it either, womp

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
From what I got to know, those leaks aren't fake and seems Kanto might be confirmed as region, but it might not be the same Kanto we got to know.
The reason of this titles makes sense because this year it's Pokémon Yellow's 20th Anniversary, so Pikachu and Eevee being it's starters makes actually sense!

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i havent heard much about the rumors myself. they sound like they'll be cute games if it's true, but also all we have is basically the titles, right...?
still praying for more about gen 4 remakes tho q_q im going to start sounding like a broken record lol

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Serebii posting about the rumors makes me take it much more seriously as someone who was in the Pokémon fandom way back in 2010/11 when Nintendo were going crazy with takedown notices etc... They're very cautions about all this.

The rumors that I've read are basically that Let's Go! Pikachu and Let's Go! Eevee are set in Kanto as sort-of Yellow remakes, where the MC is new but Red/Gary play roles in the story. The rumors also said that capturing Pokémon was done in a similar way to Pokémon Go which makes sense on the Switch and seems likely because Gen 7 games had the files and all to have Pokémon Go integration but they weren't able to make it work properly in time. Looking forward to whatever it is and dreading the fact I can't afford a Switch LOL

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
That's really interesting, though kill me over Pokemon Go like mechanics. Pokemon Go is just boring and not at all what I always imagined something like it would be like.

For having Red/Gary (Blue/Green/Whatever he even is lmwo), I would LOVE that. I already adore Red so much so anytime I sre him in particula, I love it. I wonder how they'd go about it thougg, they've always had excuses before to have the pair together (aside gen 2) to keep Red as silent as he is, so like...how would it be? Like maybe MC is a trainer at the same time as the pair, though I'd honestly be more interested in a post-gen 1 adventure with new trainer, Gym Leader Green/Blue/Gary, and Champion Red (think second half of G/S style) but I don't think they'd rver do that bc it'd overlap with Gold's adventure potentially....

Also hope for starter you can evolve it unlike how Yellow forces you to keep Pikachu. And include all Eeveelutions as an option. If they don't let you evolve, Eevee is gonna be horrible dragging along

Whatever happens, super hyped and happy to have a Switch. (And god do I ramble haha)

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
So, crazy back to back announcements if you haven't heard yet.

1. Pokemon Quest for mobile & Switch, which is free to start and looks kinda like minecraft or whatever the kids are playing these days?
2. Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee confirmed, with a video. Looks kinda like an expanded Pokemon Go, which could be interesting. A few things I'm kinda iffy about, but CO-OP MULTIPLAYER...this is the kind of thing my sister and I would've loved as kids. Wonder if I can convince her to play with me, haha.
3. The above two aren't the core games, there's another title being released next year. Source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)