• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Post your favourite underrated vocaloid songs!

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Inspired by the recent conversation about underrated Flower originals in the status, I wanted to resurrect this thread! There are hundreds of songs uploaded daily, and many go almost completely unheard. My suggestion for the "soft cutoff" should there be one would be 5,000 views?

In the interest of generating conversation and interest in the songs themselves, please share a few sentences about the song and what you like about it-- what makes it unique, what it means to you, its place in the composers other works, etc. :)

For me, I find I discover the most songs that receive little attention and still stick in my head for years when I have time to really search for new music. I'm greatful to vocacolle for easing that process a little bit!

Speaking of vocacolle, this song did pretty well in the rankings, but still falls under the 5,000 view mark! It oozes a "cool" factor that is hard to describe. The dramatic piano playing brings it closer to a lot of popular vocaloid music of the now, but it's the D&B-ish drums during the chorus that draw me into the song the most, I think. I'm really weak to it. I've been practicing making my own lately.

Also, the MV is great and samurai Miku is extremely cool.

My second suggestion is this song. This producer is very consistent. I encountered this song on accident while browsing niconico the same day it was uploaded. I really like the bassline and the lyrics that simultaneously feel uplifting and lost (even if parts of the lyrics are nonsequitur-- they complement the feeling.) Lyricism like this is part of the reason I don't think I will ever get bored of vocaloid songs.

Thinking about it now, I think these two songs have a surprising amount in common.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
in the vein of Flower songs, I am not entirely sure I even shared these on the forum at all so, I will point them out!

They have a number of originals using Teto and Flower, which was not a combo i ever thought of until i found them, and i their genre is completely up my alley... a sort of grungy, imperfect rock sound. He's used some other utau as well and has used Teto a lot in general and even more recently Synth v.

(first one is 3 old songs remastered all with teto and flower)

theres always something about finding an artist with a unique sound, and little views. like finding this person was a real "oh this is exactly what i wanted" feeling! its always a shame because often they are less active, or just that no one ever talks about them. c2energy's stuff is really unique on its own and the choice of other voices like utau, especially when they sound more robotic and imperfect, is really refreshing.

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
Kolaa feat. Luo Tianyi - Moonblast

Cereal Experiments feat SOLARIA - Blessed

EN0N feat. Kagamine Rin & Len - Rambler

ALUVI feat. Hatsune Miku - Implant

Reactions: morrysillusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)