• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question on Breathiness?

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
So I am doing Weekender girl and wanna use Breathiness now. However, no matter how I edit it, Rin sounds like she has a horse voice. How do I use this correctly?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Breathiness is one of those parameters best used in moderation, I think; when used excessively, it just sounds... wrong. (Rin especially has an odd reaction to it, especially her Power bank. At least that's what I've noticed.) Just mess around with breathiness and maybe clearness as well! XSY might also help you out. Her V4X Sweet bank reacts best to breathiness out of all of her banks, as it's already fairly breathy. Best of luck!

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
Breathiness is one of those parameters best used in moderation, I think; when used excessively, it just sounds... wrong. (Rin especially has an odd reaction to it, especially her Power bank. At least that's what I've noticed.) Just mess around with breathiness and maybe clearness as well! XSY might also help you out. Her V4X Sweet bank reacts best to breathiness out of all of her banks, as it's already fairly breathy. Best of luck!
I’ll check it out :) I’m actually doing an English cover. I guess every Vocaloid has their strengths and weaknesses like humans.

Reactions: peaches2217

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
What I like to do, just use some breathiness mostly in the beginning and at the ending of the note. A slight constant increase is good too, but if you want a lot, just do the beginning and ending. Like having BRE at 20 is good, but I do this Breathines.png

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
What version of vocaloid are you using? V5 has a new improved breathiness. If you are using rin English I would use a negative value in the singer settings and then add it back when you want it breathy

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
What version of vocaloid are you using? V5 has a new improved breathiness. If you are using rin English I would use a negative value in the singer settings and then add it back when you want it breathy
V4 is what I’m using. I just started using it 2 weeks ago

What I like to do, just use some breathiness mostly in the beginning and at the ending of the note. A slight constant increase is good too, but if you want a lot, just do the beginning and ending. Like having BRE at 20 is good, but I do this View attachment 3355
Thanks for the advice and picture, that makes it easy to follow too.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)