• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Rhythm Game general chat

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
But I loved her outfit for it tbh?? I got it for X and was just happy. It doesn't have a full Persona vibe, but it's just a nice outfit.

Also I feel like in hindsight that was the sign that SEGA and Atlus were buddy-buddy. Maybe they'll do another Miku dlc for Persona3/5 Dancing... I would NOT mind that if there's another Phantom Thief Miku outfit, or something.

dorothy3242

Noffy T. Coffee
Apr 8, 2018
osu.ppy.sh
personally i associate that miku outfit with this song way more than persona 4 or that ATOLS remix..
Speaking of which, is persona 4 dancing a good rhythm game? I've been on the fence about getting it for a while. Like, is it challenging even if you're good at others already? Cause sometimes I try out ones like IA/VT and their concepts are cool but they're just too easy :(

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
But I loved her outfit for it tbh?? I got it for X and was just happy. It doesn't have a full Persona vibe, but it's just a nice outfit.

Also I feel like in hindsight that was the sign that SEGA and Atlus were buddy-buddy. Maybe they'll do another Miku dlc for Persona3/5 Dancing... I would NOT mind that if there's another Phantom Thief Miku outfit, or something.
oh, the outfit is adorable.... it's just that..

Atlus, if you wanna use miku english, get someone who knows english to make the songs......

Reactions: dorothy3242

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I always thought it'd be cool to try DDR, but the only place I've known about for years that had a machine anywhere near me removed it a few years ago. I should've tried before they took it out, but I never brought change and was always a little concerned about twisting an ankle or something. That and the number of quarters I would've had to spend before I stopped looking foolish. But I still kinda wish I'd gone for it anyways. :)
In my town, the local Goodwill (a type of secondhand shop) sells DDR dance pads every couple of weeks (we have a lot of ex-dancing otakus, I guess), so my twin and I bought two and picked up two cheap PS2 DDR games from Gamestop. We also eventually bought a dance pad that you can plug in the computer so we could play StepMania (there are a lot of anime, Vocaloid, and video game songs to dance to, actually). The only down side is that those home mats slide around like crazy, so you have to adjust it after every song. The plus side is it helps when you want to lose some extra weight. I've never tried the arcade version.

It's kind of like playing any other rhythmn game where you lose repeatedly after like 30 seconds and have to try to get better at it til you beat the song, except this rhytmn game makes you quite sweaty. XD;;; Also, a lot of the DDR songs are pretty terrible-sounding. S: I can't decide which game has the worst soundtrack: Beatmania or DDR. Maybe DDR, since it has that annoying announcer guy who says stuff like "You're not an ordinary fella!" every couple seconds.

My top recommended(?) 3 most questionable DDR songs that haunt me in my waking nightmares:
1. Happy Wedding
2. Beethoven
3. Anything by Naoki, especially 1998 (we still quote "GO! GO! GO! GO!" til this day.)

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
They're probably waiting for E3 for a big announcement. SEGA/Atlus have a few big titles for E3 anyways this year, and I'm hoping Atlus announces a few other games too... I don't think I'd play the Person Dancing games, but they look so nice and the customization for the new titles looks good.
Hopefully we can get those announcements at E3 this year, crossing my fingers on that one. I don't have a PS4, but the Persona dancing games look really interesting.

2. Beethoven
3. Anything by Naoki, especially 1998 (we still quote "GO! GO! GO! GO!" til this day.)
Bops right there. Listen to Beethoven...:clara_lili:
Nice story.

I really like the openness of stepmania, which has helped me find songs like Iotus(i think thats how its spelled?) Because it was in a crazy beatmap or Mawaru.

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
Speak of the devil trailers for English versions of P5D and P3D are here.

Because of the discussion around the Persona Dance Games in this thread, it is now one of the featured games on the first post, a new program in the works of the tread, showcasing the most popular games on the thread.

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with this one rhythm game but its called VOEZ (i'm sure most of you kno it)
but it's going to be getting a release on switch which'll be really neat
and it's got a bunch of really cool vocaloid songs in it so it's tempting to buy

tho i'll...i'll need a switch as well...so...rip

Reactions: Sharkartist

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Gosh, I haven't played a rhythm game in years. (Mainly because I don't have the room to play them) The last rhythm game I played was beat hazard back on xbox 360. Problem is most of my music I use for running now days so it is all kinda generic and wouldn't provide much of a challenge. (granted I wasn't ever able to beat simple and clean on that game because at the end the music basically dies for a good 30 seconds so you have no weapons)

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with this one rhythm game but its called VOEZ (i'm sure most of you kno it)
but it's going to be getting a release on switch which'll be really neat
and it's got a bunch of really cool vocaloid songs in it so it's tempting to buy
I love VOEZ! I was shocked (and happy) to hear some Vocaloids provide vocals for some songs though (and to this day I still don't know all the Vocaloids used for VOEZ's OST because they're uncredited. :()

But knowing that a physical version is being released annoys the hell out of me because I bought it digitally. X)

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Also, as for DJMAX, I'm actually surprised some of you even knew the game, although I've already been hating on the game since a long time ago because they've strayed too far away from their roots way too early on. Believe it or not, DJMAX was previously an online game (kind of like PangYa) and they used to have an odd number of keys/buttons arranged so that the keys would look like an actual piano-like keyboard, much like EZ2DJ while it was still called that. DJMAX was supposed to be a game like EZ2DJ and Beatmania in that it was meant to work a bit like a DJ simulator as well, but they've completely deviated from that.

On the matter of feminist artists, the whole backlash actually made me ashamed to be a Korean, but it's also expected, as both Koreas are still generally misogynistic. Even in the comments section of previous e-sports matches whenever there was a female caster she was denigrated callously and even as a Korean myself I find all that unnecessary (and I was clearly able to tell they were like this just because the said caster was female, and eventually that resulted in losing her the job, and the insult to injury was that she wasn't even able to say much while she was still active). I know I'm going a bit off-topic here, but it just goes to show you how bad South Korea really is. To make matters worse, in a modern era where age doesn't matter nearly as it used to, South Korea is still behind the times and is still firmly believing that age is king and the Koreans still have their despicable hierarchy that should've been thrown out the window ages ago. They still think as long as you're older than someone you can do whatever they want over them and they're not allowed to talk back. Who would even buy into that nonsense?

So yea, as frustrated as I am to see a game I knew of be shut down just because the developers wanted gender equality, their previous actions before that happened made me feel indifferent about the developers. Do I find the shutdown fair? No, but their other actions were ludicrous to the point I also feel they should've been shut down for other reasons anyway.

Regards,
WintermintP

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Have any of you tried the IOS/Google Play store app Muse Dash?? It came out recently this month, and I'm pretty sure it has a Miku song to start with and you unlock songs using some Chinese synthesizer? (Maybe Vocaloid? Not sure). Besides that, it's super fun. (Not free, but 2.99 for 30 songs with 2-3 difficulties)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)