• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SNOW MIKU 2019

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Hate to say it, but maybe the "explosive" quality indicates they're using one of her new appends? Wat said they were going for a less human (but more understandable, which may/may not be the case here) direction, IIRC. I don't know if the makers of this video would even have access to the as-yet-unreleased appends.

Maybe she just wasn't tuned ideally :miku2_move:.
I assume they just used the VocaListener-ish plugin and probably didn't tweak what it automatically created due to time constraints.

I have VocaLisener and have done many tests with it, when your voice frys or goes low/a bit growly (ideally the recording has to be very clear and high range in your throat, almost opera-ish, for results that match the human recording almost exactly), it gets confused and makes the Vocaloid low pitched and odd-sounding (loud burst of mechanical noise similar to a fax machine), which is what seems to be happening in this commercial. VocaListener also gets confused when the human sample sings too quickly (ie, not good for talking).

I think it is using her new Append, because that's what they've been using for her talkloid stuff and Wat said they wanted the vowels to be less strong, which is probably why the consonants sound overly loud.

I do not think that the Appends will sound bad, I just think that the plugin can not properly handle the nuances of talking (especially with the plugin being unable to handle low voices, which happens when you talk). Using a singing voice to make talking requires a lot of hard work for proper tuning. This just proves to me once again that the Cryptonloids need a proper talking voice.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Cool video of one of the Miku sculptures:
Just to be clear, that's from Obihiro Ice Festival btw, held this weekend in Obihiro, Hokkaido, and not Sapporo Snow Festival.

Anyway, here's a clip of the concert rehearsals.
They also announced the band members in this tweet:
Guitar: Takahiro Misawa
Keyboard: MEG.ME
Bass: chloe
Drums: Ryoichi "KIKU" Kikushima

EDIT:
@uncreepy
I tried listening to Miku's speech in the video exemplar posted, and I'm positive I could fill some gaps

Konnichiwa, Hatsune Miku desu. Kono tabi, Hard Rock-san no goteikyou de, watashi, Hatsune Miku to Bandori Girls band party kara, Poppin'Party no Toyama Kasumi-san to no futarigumi de, special unit ga (?*)-sare. Sapporo no Yuki Matsuri, yonchome kaicho ni, daisetsuzou ga tsukareru koto ni narimashita! (?) wa, projection mapping show. ???-kyoku o (**) utacchaimasu! Sono hoka, (?). Douzo minna-sama, o-tanoshimi ni!
* sounds like "kessensare"?
** Not sure if she says "wakuwaku" or " ???-kyoku o"

Keep in mind I'm not a translator:
Hello, I'm Miku Hatsune. This time, thanks to Hard Rock, me, Hatsune Miku, and from Bandori Girls, Toyama Kasumi of Poppin'Party form(?) a special unit together. At Sapporo Snow Festival Yonchome*, a large snow sculpture was made! (?) projection mapping show, will excitedly sing! In addition, (?). Enjoy, everyone!
*Yonchome means Odori Nishi-yonchome where the snow sculpture is.

There's also subtitles in CC, but they're automated and seemed inaccurate.

Last edited:

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Full performance vid from a much better angle

It would have been even more impressive if they had animated the eyes and mouths too

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
thank you Crypton, thank you SEGA for having made such a memorable live, it was so emotional and special ♡♡
a legendary concert

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
yes Miku R3, and hearing that song live was so nice ^-^
and I feel it is more suited for Snow Miku live rather than Magical Mirai, because the venue is smaller and more intimate.
all the setlist was incredible, and they played all Snow Miku theme songs with the respective modules, it was really a dream.
the arrangement was different for songs played in the past (Packaged gave me goose bumps with the new Miku V4X voice arrangement) and also Birthday was more powerful compared to the (already moving) 2017 Magical Mirai live. so many tears for Birthday and Snow Fairy Story, and a long applause at the end of both songs. is rare to hear an applause during a Miku concert, only when the performace was beyond any level and it gently touched your heart.
it was really a legendary concert

pane dhiria, yes! hehe
and also that song had a new arrangement ^^

the concert also had new things in terms of animation, light effects and voice interaction, but i won't say anything more, is better you wait for the Bilibili - WOWOW video ^u^

Last edited:
Reactions: hamano and uncreepy

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@MagicalMiku Do you know when it's supposed to air on WOWOW? I keep trying to Google a date, but can't find anything. All I get as a result is that they are going to air last year's Snow Miku Live.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Sounds like it was an awesome concert. I'm a bit sad I couldn't go...
And Miku's Snow Princess module looks amazing^^

Anymway I'm looking forward to the WOWOW broadcast! A Blu-Ray would be even better if it happens.

Reactions: Jikyusan

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Sounds like it was an awesome concert. I'm a bit sad I couldn't go...
And Miku's Snow Princess module looks amazing^^

Anymway I'm looking forward to the WOWOW broadcast! A Blu-Ray would be even better if it happens.
Wait, is this the R3 Miku Model that everyone talking about?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Wait, is this the R3 Miku Model that everyone talking about?
No, that's just this year's Snow Miku design, the model itself is a Sega model.

R3 is real-time 3DCG control system developed by Crypton Future Media. Real-time control allows better interaction with the audience, and the R3 system was showcased at last years Snow Miku too.
Here's a clip from Snow Miku 2018:

The model Crypton developed for the R3 system, also known as "17 Model" received a lot criticism for Miku's appearance back then, I haven't come across a picture of this year's improved version yet.

Last edited:

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I couldn't stop watching this concert over the past week. Especially, the R3 model section and Snow Miku section.

Though the R3 model is not as smooth as the SEGA modules, it's a vast improvement from last year. I can't wait for the day Miku is completely produced in-house.

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)