• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[SOLVED!] Help setting up Miku V4X Trial

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
First post here, this is what I made my account for.
So, I'm having trouble setting up my Miku trial. I cannot find where I could open up PiaPro. I got the trial off of SonicWire, if that helps. I have Studio One Prime, but I have no idea how to get PiaPro to load in there so I can mess around with it. I have no idea where the VST/VSTi file could be, all I find in the files that were downloaded are other file extensions, not VST/VSTi files.
If you're able to help, I'd appreciate that!

-Kitter

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hello, and welcome to VVN! To answer your question, I'll walk you through what I wrote down while still figuring out Piapro:

You should find the Piapro Studio VSTi in This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files > Crypton (if you're not finding it there, check Program Files (x86)). Copy the folder, then paste it into This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > VstPlugins. (If you don't have that file, then just make a file with that name. I didn't document running into any issues, and given my habit of going into excruciating detail over the most minor things, I would have noted if it didn't work 😅 )

Once it's installed, it should show up in the right-hand folder in Studio One. Drag it onto a track and it should bring up Piapro!

Truthfully, I uninstalled Studio One a while back and currently use Piapro in Waveform and FL... if this doesn't work out, I'll re-install and see what needs to be done!

EDIT: Here's something else I noted, so it might end up being important:

make sure you’ve got the .dll file in your VstPlugins folder as well. I was able to find it under the following pathway:

This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files > Vstplugins

If that fails, search for Piapro Studio VST.dll in Program Files. Copy it and paste it into the same file your Piapro folder is in. Important to have everything in one folder so it’s easy to locate!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey, welcome!

I don't think Studio One Prime supports third-party VST instruments. If you look on this PreSonus comparison page, you'll see next to "Third-party Plug-in Support (VST3/AU)" that you need Artist or Professional to use those. Since Piapro is a VST, that applies here.

However, you can get a trial copy of Studio One Professional which will let you use VSTs. This post describes how to do that and provides a link.

Once you have a copy of Studio One that supports VSTs, Piapro should show up as another instrument on the instruments tab on the right-hand side once you've created/opened a song. Personally, when I used Miku's trial, I didn't have to copy/move anything, so hopefully you won't have to, but obviously my case isn't what everyone experiences.

Edit: That is weird.... I'm not sure why your Crypton folder would be empty. All of the above should still be valid, if I've understood you correctly, but that's still weird.

Last edited:

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
Hey, welcome!

I don't think Studio One Prime supports third-party VST instruments. If you look on this PreSonus comparison page, you'll see next to "Third-party Plug-in Support (VST3/AU)" that you need Artist or Professional to use those. Since Piapro is a VST, that applies here.

However, you can get a trial copy of Studio One Professional which will let you use VSTs. This post describes how to do that and provides a link.

Once you have a copy of Studio One that supports VSTs, Piapro should show up as another instrument on the instruments tab on the right-hand side once you've created/opened a song.
Ugh, whoops. I'll get a trial of another one and uninstall the one I got, thank you for telling me that!
EDIT: And oddly, I can't figure out where the thing is to get the demo for artist or professional. Who made this so hard?
EDIT 2: Ah, got the demo.. now I'll try to get PiaPro in there. Thanks all for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
Making a second post to respark the conversation: now that i've found the demo, i'm TRYING to install it and it keeps opening as prime instead of the other versions, so no third party addons. :rin_lili:
I'm so done with this- I just want to play around with the software. I'm soo close to uninstalling everything and just leaving it be, but I really would love to experiment with a vocal synth.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Did you make sure to uninstall Prime before installing the trial? I have that issue sometimes, trying to run a trial of a paid version of a software while having the free version installed! If all else fails, you can try another DAW! Reaper’s a good one with little in the way of restrictions towards free users; Waveform is wonderful once you get the hang of it and loads Piapro well, but takes a lot of getting used to. Either way, we’ll help you through it!

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
E02 means that Piapro Studio was failed to load. Try uninstalling Piapro Studio and restalling it. Manually updating it (but I don't know if the trial has the update option in the folder...) Another option I found is running the installer as an admission. :kiyoterunatural_lili:
Source: PiaproStudio site.
miku is always worth the pain :miku_winter_lili:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Sorry I didn't think about this, but to update you open the updater with Piapro Studio closed (and the DAW too?) And leave the updater open. :kyo_ani_lili:
I have to go to sleep but someone one might be able to help you out.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
A thought: since I sent you the installer for Piapro, it might not be registering it as legitimate and tied to the Miku trial. Gimme a sec, I’m gonna try to find a fix!

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Okay! Do you still have the original trial folder? When you open it, you should find two files that say Crypton Software Installer (both a 32bit and 64bit version). Choose whichever is best for your computer, double-click it, then double-click the folder that says Piapro Studio. Then select English, and the installer should be there! Run the installer, then you should find it in your Crypton folder on your drive.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Looks like you've moved on to Reaper, but I think Studio One is one of those programs where you get the same installer regardless of version, and then the serial code you put in determines what features you get. I don't think I've ever installed the pro trial, but it could be that just installing the trial gives you the lowest (free) version--prime. Then you need to put in a serial code (which they would have emailed to you or which would be in your PreSonus account) to activate the pro features.

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
I didn't see a place to put a code in for Studio One but atleast I have PiaPro working in Reaper. I still have the entire original file for the trial.
I'm legit one error away from Miku. I think.
EDIT: Re-installed PiaPro but it just emptied the Crypton folder again. I don't think I can use the file sent to me by Peaches since I need it at 64 bit it seems to correlate with Reaper's 64 bit.
EDIT 2: Back to Error E02. :mikoto_lili:

Last edited:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Piapro can be a tricky bastard... that’s why I took so long to learn it. I had the same exact error every time I tried using it on my old laptop. Maybe consult the Piapro Help thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)