• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Spooky vocaloid songs

___

Oct 8, 2019
Since it's october I though I'd ask for people's favorite spooky/halloween-themed vocaloid songs! ( Other voice-synths are welcome too! )

This is one of my favorites ( i don't think it warrants warning but if you disagree i'll put it! )

edit: due to the producer's action I've replaced the previous featured song with different one!

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
This classic has always been one of my favorites. Really, half of masa's works count, but this one's especially notorious.

(TW/CW: sexual content, cannibalism, murder, graphic descriptions of gore)

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Speaking of masa, his Hannya Sister trilogy isn't nearly as graphic as The Fox's Wedding, but it's just as creepy and just as catchy. I love it!

(CW/TW: Blood, mention of death)

Last edited:
Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I always see his stuff on my youtube recommendations and on other people's playlists but thanks to you I finally gave it a listen! I like what I hear so far thank you for sharing!

Reactions: peaches2217

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
The first song I thought of was Okaasan by Machigerita, but honestly I have no idea why because I definitely wouldn’t call it a favorite. It's simple and short but it Works on me (aka freaks me out rofl) (Another spooky song of his that I actually liked as a song is Sunset Love Suicide, yandere songs were my weakness at one time)

Less spooky but more Halloween themed, I liked Pumpkin Syndrome by PolyphonicBranch (it took me a bit of time to find it because all I could remember were the ending lyrics and that it was a Kagamine song asdfs)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
I'm not really much for horror themed songs, but I do love spooky songs!

I adore Junky's Happy Halloween; it's cute, innocent, and a little spooky!

Trick and Treat by Oster Project also comes to mind as a favorite. It's a classic and I tend to love anything Oster Project anyways! Instrumentally speaking, it has all the defining elements of a Halloween kind of song!

The Vocaloid Wiki warns for questionable content such as "Drug References, Violence, and Possible Kidnapping", so proceed with caution. (I've never seen the original video or looked at the lyrics to know if this right.)

This one isn't technically Halloween themed, but is still eerie enough. (Not necessarily a fan of the dark lyrics, but it is a well done composition.
Warnings for violence and s**ual themes.

Solitary Envy is another well done composition is terms of eeriness and spookiness. Koyori's tuning of Miku Dark is lovely.
The wiki warns for possible s***ide (I never got the vibe from the lyrics, but then again I've only seen Diva X's translation) and violence, apparently. (I don't remember it being dark... but then again it's been a while since I've listened to it.)

Reactions: peaches2217 and ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
The first song I thought of was Okaasan by Machigerita, but honestly I have no idea why because I definitely wouldn’t call it a favorite. It's simple and short but it Works on me (aka freaks me out rofl) (Another spooky song of his that I actually liked as a song is Sunset Love Suicide, yandere songs were my weakness at one time)

Less spooky but more Halloween themed, I liked Pumpkin Syndrome by PolyphonicBranch (it took me a bit of time to find it because all I could remember were the ending lyrics and that it was a Kagamine song asdfs)
I like Pumpkin Syndrome! It has this nostalgic sound to it if I'm making sense. And the PV is really nice, Rin and Len look cute in their outfits!

Oh and speaking of yandere songs, I remember that one of the very few vocaloid songs my past edgy 13-yo self listened to was "Rotten Girl, Grotesque Romance" ( warning for stalking, murder, violence and gore ):

The vocaloid fandom is probably sick of this song but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm not really much for horror themed songs, but I do love spooky songs!

I adore Junky's Happy Halloween; it's cute, innocent, and a little spooky!

Trick and Treat by Oster Project also comes to mind as a favorite. It's a classic and I tend to love anything Oster Project anyways! Instrumentally speaking, it has all the defining elements of a Halloween kind of song!

The Vocaloid Wiki warns for questionable content such as "Drug References, Violence, and Possible Kidnapping", so proceed with caution. (I've never seen the original video or looked at the lyrics to know if this right.)

This one isn't technically Halloween themed, but is still eerie enough. (Not necessarily a fan of the dark lyrics, but it is a well done composition.
Warnings for violence and s**ual themes.

Solitary Envy is another well done composition is terms of eeriness and spookiness. Koyori's tuning of Miku Dark is lovely.
The wiki warns for possible s***ide (I never got the vibe from the lyrics, but then again I've only seen Diva X's translation) and violence, apparently. (I don't remember it being dark... but then again it's been a while since I've listened to it.)

So uh, oh kind of a funny story I think? I thought I've heard trick or treat before so I tried looking it up and found out that I was right, I've heard the song in this Sonic video that some kid made over 9 years ago. That's something.

My favorite thing about this is that it looks like Shadow is wearing socks with sandals. Lol yea anyways thanks for sharing!

Sep 21, 2019
I have no idea how I could've left out Bad End Night in my initial post! XD

Warnings for some violence, I think. Not sure if any other warnings apply; I haven't watched the video or seen the lyrics. (I've really only read the novel and listend to the song casually! XD)

Here's another song. It's yandere themed, though. So, I proabably don't need to state what warnings apply, but I will anyways. Warnings for violence, implied murder, stalking(???), and blood. (And basically any other warning you'd apply to your typical yandere song. XP)

(Also, Tei's outfit is so cool. Why do all the vocal synth characters get such fabulous wardrobes? XD)

___

Oct 8, 2019
I have no idea how I could've left out Bad End Night in my initial post! XD
I have yet to listen to all the songs in the Night series! Thanks for indirectly reminding me of that.

The first song I heard from the night series is crazy night.

That's Tei original right? It's always nice to see more UTAU originals.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I personally find "Copycat" by CircusP rather creepy. The song seems to be about a girl who changes herself to suit someone else. It's not really that the subject matter involves horror or anything, but I think the idea of 1) someone mimicking you enough to become sort of a doppelganger, or 2) the idea of mirroring someone else so completely that your original self disappears is profoundly unsettling. That, plus the PV, with its blinking/flashing colors and Gumi's rapidly-switching expressions.

(Hm, technically this isn't really Halloween-themed, so maybe it doesn't count. Though the idea of a true doppelganger is sort of an occult thing, and meeting them is supposedly an omen of both of your impending deaths, so maybe it can qualify as it's kind of related to that.)

___

Oct 8, 2019
(Hm, technically this isn't really Halloween-themed, so maybe it doesn't count. Though the idea of a true doppelganger is sort of an occult thing, and meeting them is supposedly an omen of both of your impending deaths, so maybe it can qualify as it's kind of related to that.)
I think your reasoning for the song being creepy/scary is valid! I agree with you!

And don't worry! The songs don't have to be outright halloween-ish as long as they're spooky/creepy in your opinion.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Lately I've been listening to this halloween-themed song!

And I love the module. I think Miku looks super cute.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
While we're on the topic of "creepy" and KurageP, I'd also like to offer up this specimen. In the words of someone in the comments, "This blessed human recreated my sleep paralysis demon." (The best part is that it's actually really good, too.)

___

Oct 8, 2019
While we're on the topic of "creepy" and KurageP, I'd also like to offer up this specimen. In the words of someone in the comments, "This blessed human recreated my sleep paralysis demon." (The best part is that it's actually really good, too.)

The scariest thing about this are the vibratos.

• Haha
Reactions: peaches2217
Sep 21, 2019

I can't even! sksksksk
I'll admit I was expecting something terrifying... I think that's exactly what I got! XD
(This is why I'm eternally grateful for UTAU's existence. We get art like this!)

• Haha
Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)