• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
SHE SOUND AMAZING
I hope they release her in the future
The first vsynth private vocal, I feel like its been a while since theres been a private synthloid

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Alphonse

New Fan
Mar 13, 2021
I don't understand the point of private Synth Vs though? It's not like a private Vocaloid where there is a distinct engine noise you can't get anywhere else, because there is no engine noise. So why pay so much and go through the effort to produce a perfect replica of your voice only you can use? Just... sing??? Maybe if she were going to lose her voice soon I'd get it.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I don't understand the point of private Synth Vs though? It's not like a private Vocaloid where there is a distinct engine noise you can't get anywhere else, because there is no engine noise. So why pay so much and go through the effort to produce a perfect replica of your voice only you can use? Just... sing??? Maybe if she were going to lose her voice soon I'd get it.
im curious as to why the 'engine noise' of a private vocaloid would be a reason for someone to want/have a private vocaloid? like i dont understand why that would be a reason for it to exist over one that sounds real. maybe on the outside people could tell its a synth then but by no means can i imagine private vocaloid going into doing so because it... sounds like a synth? im confused by this statement.

just because a synth v sounds realistic doesnt really mean its suddenly pointless for there to be a private bank. seeing as this is under some company/group with other vtubers it seems like a way for them to easily utlize a vocal synth for a project that will likely include loads of music covers and possibly original songs. there are all kinds of reasons it may be far more useful to have a bank rather than a real singer. it has many capabilities that a real person wouldnt have, and it being "realistic" can be a big plus if theyre intent happens to be for the vtuber to come off real or be seen as realistic... because itll never "die". much like any private vocaloid its not something they need to sell as its their own character and/or project. even more useful they can have the original voice provider simply talk when she needs, and not worry at all about availability to sing or any other bumps that may come with a real person. and no offense to the company specifically, but companies tend to like being as cost effective as possible and something like this could actually be good at that too (we dont know the costs of private banks, but i imagine its not something like what we have seen for something like Solaria because that also included loads of other things for its public release. the long term investment on this may be very good)

i dont think engine noise has any relevance to private vocal synth banks... as fans, and esp as fans who have seen the realism of AI, i know lots of people find some use and charm in the engine sounds but i dont think any private vocaloids are being made in our current age of actively thinking 'im making a private vocaloid for the engine sounds, because it sounds obviously synth'. as far as i have seen over time the appeal of voc synth is how it has started to sound real (and people were thinking this way back when private vocaloids were popping up actively, despite us looking back to see they didnt sound as real as now), and how vocsynth can be a replacement for a real singer for those who need it. from a company standpoint that is a pretty big plus.

Last edited:

Alphonse

New Fan
Mar 13, 2021
im curious as to why the 'engine noise' of a private vocaloid would be a reason for someone to want/have a private vocaloid? like i dont understand why that would be a reason for it to exist over one that sounds real. maybe on the outside people could tell its a synth then but by no means can i imagine private vocaloid going into doing so because it... sounds like a synth? im confused by this statement.
Many people enjoy the characteristic sound of Vocaloids and would like to hear what they sound like as a Vocaloid. I don't see what's confusing about it. While it may not be the majority, it's still a pretty common sentiment to specifically like the sound of concatenative engines.

I don't remember a single person saying about Meaw or Akikoroid-chan that she sounds so real or whatever. Just them being compared to other Vocaloids. So no, I don't think realism was the appeal at the time.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I think having a synth can be easier to manage as a vtuber company like you just need to make her and then you have her. You don't need the singer to come in years from now. It also gives her that virtual ai persona legitimacy. I think the only really private vocaloid that was banking on being a vocaloid was akikoroid mainly because it was riding the vocaloid tend on Nico Nico.

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
Honestly I can kinda see the appeal of private SynthVs, imagine record labels still being able to use a voice of a deceased singer that was signed under them for fan concert purposes, imagine VTuber companies still being able to use their terminated VTuber's voice (although you could argue how ethical that is) without the typical Vocaloid engine noise

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Many people enjoy the characteristic sound of Vocaloids and would like to hear what they sound like as a Vocaloid. I don't see what's confusing about it. While it may not be the majority, it's still a pretty common sentiment to specifically like the sound of concatenative engines.

I don't remember a single person saying about Meaw or Akikoroid-chan that she sounds so real or whatever. Just them being compared to other Vocaloids. So no, I don't think realism was the appeal at the time.
from a fan pov i certainly understand the appeal of wanting to hear some voices that do sound synthesized, but from the private use of vocal synths by companies is where i dont think that is relevant-- to the people making the voicebanks in the first place is what i mean. why would there be no appeal in vocal synthesizers because they sound more real...? whether fans on the outside say it sounds real or not real and whether or not that effects their interest doesn't really matter. companies have all sorts of uses to create a private voice + a character with these new tools. and imo i think theres even more appeal if they can pass as real

Last edited:

junky

Aspiring Fan
Apr 30, 2022
Amateur singers, people who might not have the time, people who'd like to ethically outsource their voices to maybe a few producers (I wish Grimes made a SynthV instead..Yuki Kaji also has a similar motive) instead of anyone with the money for SynthV/a vocal synth, for some it might be easier to tune a vocal synth than in something like Melodyne (especially if you want a unique timbre and not just basic pitch correction + formant shifting)
Also, cross-lingual could give someone the ability to sing in languages they can't in real life, I'd love to see someone do that one day!

junky

Aspiring Fan
Apr 30, 2022

Meito has done some talking streams too. Seems like the VA is using a filter or something?
Maybe they work similar to the streamer Neuro-sama? I wouldn't doubt it's just them talking normally either, SynthV doesn't have much engine noise (imo.)

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Maybe they work similar to the streamer Neuro-sama? I wouldn't doubt it's just them talking normally either, SynthV doesn't have much engine noise (imo.)
I don't think she's talking with SynthV, but likely something like Vocoflex or a realtime converter. There definitely is a noise to her, and the converter messes up sometimes and creates strange tendencies that a real person wouldn't have. I think it's interesting that this character seemingly is managed entirely by someone who is not her VA, while the other characters are real singers/VAs.

Reactions: WyndReed

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
I don't think she's talking with SynthV, but likely something like Vocoflex or a realtime converter. There definitely is a noise to her, and the converter messes up sometimes and creates strange tendencies that a real person wouldn't have. I think it's interesting that this character seemingly is managed entirely by someone who is not her VA, while the other characters are real singers/VAs.
I think it'll be pretty hard to play apex while trying to talk with synth v LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)