• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV SynthV AI Weina

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com

There's now a video demo showing off her lower range (with vocal modes), and then a small sample of her English XLS and Vocal Modes being used with that too. All together she has Delicate, Tender, Lucid, Firm, Powerful, Resonant and Warm vocal modes!
(Scarborough Fair bringing back the memories of a decade of choir all of a sudden, aha. :ring_ani_lili:)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I think she said thyme wrong, with the TH 😂

But she sounds good! Those lows are beautiful. The vocal modes are nice too! I'm curious to see what people make with her. I wonder if the uses of her will be more tame since she's modeled after a famous singer, or if it'll be like Gumi and Gackpo and still have some pretty wild songs/covers

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think she said thyme wrong, with the TH 😂

But she sounds good! Those lows are beautiful. The vocal modes are nice too! I'm curious to see what people make with her. I wonder if the uses of her will be more tame since she's modeled after a famous singer, or if it'll be like Gumi and Gackpo and still have some pretty wild songs/covers
Forgive me if I’m missing something, I’m still refamiliarizing myself! Doing some research, it seems the only things she’s really notorious for is being runner-up in a singing contest in 2013 and, of course, being a Disney dubber, so I’m guessing usages of her will be fairly tame. (That’s not to downplay her successes— damn, she’s hella talented! But she doesn’t have the notoriety in China that, say, Gackt or Nakajima Megumi have in Japan.)

Its honestly really interesting seeing how different sides of the fandom are responding to Weina! She’s receiving mild praise from the Chinese fandom and acclaim from the Western fandom, though both seem to agree she’s not worth the nearly 200% price jump.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Forgive me if I’m missing something, I’m still refamiliarizing myself! Doing some research, it seems the only things she’s really notorious for is being runner-up in a singing contest in 2013 and, of course, being a Disney dubber, so I’m guessing usages of her will be fairly tame. (That’s not to downplay her successes— damn, she’s hella talented! But she doesn’t have the notoriety in China that, say, Gackt or Nakajima Megumi have in Japan.)

Its honestly really interesting seeing how different sides of the fandom are responding to Weina! She’s receiving mild praise from the Chinese fandom and acclaim from the Western fandom, though both seem to agree she’s not worth the nearly 200% price jump.
I see! I hadn't heard of her before this project announcement, but I had also just seen that she was a Disney singer, and I suppose I jumped the gun in the assumption of how well-known she was. What I was kind of getting at was that if, for a wild (and never-gonna-happen) example, Lady Gaga voiced a bank, I personally wouldn't be totally comfortable making it sing some of the really out-there concept songs that vocal synths are well known for. But if Weina not actually being that famous is the case, she as a voicebank may be treated more like a separate entity. If that makes sense.

In any case, yeah, I don't know that I would pay the pricetag for her just because she's a previously-known singer... She sounds good but I don't know if her bank offers enough over other genuinely good banks like Qing Su and Feng Yi to justify the cost 🤔 But that's just IMO!

___

Oct 8, 2019
I see! I hadn't heard of her before this project announcement, but I had also just seen that she was a Disney singer, and I suppose I jumped the gun in the assumption of how well-known she was. What I was kind of getting at was that if, for a wild (and never-gonna-happen) example, Lady Gaga voiced a bank, I personally wouldn't be totally comfortable making it sing some of the really out-there concept songs that vocal synths are well known for. But if Weina not actually being that famous is the case, she as a voicebank may be treated more like a separate entity. If that makes sense.
ah dw you're good! if it's any reassurance, looking at V3 line up alone, most of the vps from that era are similarly established in the industry as Weina Hu is so they're on pretty similar boat :yanhe_lili:

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Another Weina cover demo this time it's the song from Pixar's brave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)