• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID The Living Vocaloid Encyclopedia

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
As some of you may know, one of my dreams is to become the Living Vocaloid Encyclopedia! If you are confused as to what this entails, let me explain...

I want to learn all about (in terms of Vocaloid):

History (of Vocaloid as a whole, as well as its software, and voice banks' histories).

Producers (the kind of music they make, how they came to be popular, or how they came to be a producer at all. As well, the name of all, or most, of their works; both popular and not-so popular)

Songs (name, who made it, what it means if it has a meaning to it, what Vocaloid sang it, and more there is needed to know.)

Albums (essentially the same things I want to know for songs, but this time, I wanna see the cover art!!!)

Personal Accounts (How has Vocaloid developed for you? What kind of stories do you have in your time of listening? Were there phases you went through? What was your first song? Anything you personally experienced with Voca!)

And, of course...

The Stars Themselves!!! (Hand me any information you have on any Vocaloid. Even if I know the information, a relay is always helpful! Any contributions to a Vocaloid's history or descriptions are helpful! Even giving me songs of theirs will help my endeavors!)

I know this is an ambitious task, but I want to know all I can, so I can write about it and share Voca's love with the rest of the world! Wouldn't you want your favorite Vocaloid to be heard? I want them all (especially my Una) to be heard by the world!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
You'll find almost everything you need on the Vocaloid Wikia. There are articles that document the history of each product, engine version, and a status page which includes all the major cancelled and rumoured Vocaloid voicebanks.

However, due to the number of producers, albums and songs they only have minimum coverage. For more information on these, VocaDB is your best option.

Studying the Wiki and DB is your best option then. And it sounds more difficult than graduating and remembering the entire Bible.
Note that there are some things that are not covered by both, e.g. merchandise. And both are lacking in information about some live events. Ever heard of the AHS concert in Moscow? That's one of those things that aren't covered anywhere. I might add some information about the small regional events that I know of at some point, but I doubt that there is anyone in this world who knows all of it.
Becoming an encyclopedia is one of the most ambitious dreams I know. Respect for that.

Reactions: Unagi

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
You'll find almost everything you need on the Vocaloid Wikia. There are articles that document the history of each product, engine version, and a status page which includes all the major cancelled and rumoured Vocaloid voicebanks.

However, due to the number of producers, albums and songs they only have minimum coverage. For more information on these, VocaDB is your best option.
I've already consumed all of the information from the Wikia! Thank you so much, though; that site was what got me to start this dream! I should go on VocaDB more, though ^~^ I heard they have a lot more info regarding Producers and Albums!

Studying the Wiki and DB is your best option then. And it sounds more difficult than graduating and remembering the entire Bible.
Note that there are some things that are not covered by both, e.g. merchandise. And both are lacking in information about some live events. Ever heard of the AHS concert in Moscow? That's one of those things that aren't covered anywhere. I might add some information about the small regional events that I know of at some point, but I doubt that there is anyone in this world who knows all of it.
Becoming an encyclopedia is one of the most ambitious dreams I know. Respect for that.
Thank you! You should tell me about the lesser known events, if you do know them. It would be really fun to hear about whatever happened there! And I may not reach my goal, but at least I'll know so much! This goal is to let me help people find their way into Vocaloid, into what will be good for them. But I have not heard of the AHS Concert in Moscow! You should tell me more info about that, if you know anything on it.

I would also recommend the youtube channel of addictedtoheroines (I believe he went be SirVanceALot on VO). He has a series of videos that cover most Vocaloids (unfortunately it's been a while since he has updated). He's got a pretty easy-to-listen-to style that I find appealing.
I have never heard of that channel! Thank you for recommending it to me- I will listen to it as soon as I can, and I'll let you know how I feel about it.

Thank you so much for your help guys. This will supplement my dreams so I can help the voice of Vocaloid reach all over the world! :yanhe_lili::maika_lili:

There were some events in Russia and Germany that only the attendants and me seem to know of. There is a big Russian news article about the Moscow concert with YouTube links, which I plan to translate when I find some time for that. Overall it was similar to this event in Berlin.
I plan to write reviews about the events I attended and add sources on VocaDB at some point. Most of them were AHS concerts and anime conventions with Vocaloid producers in Germany. Miku's upcoming Paris concert will definitely be discussed in every little detail!

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
There were some events in Russia and Germany that only the attendants and me seem to know of. There is a big Russian news article about the Moscow concert with YouTube links, which I plan to translate when I find some time for that. Overall it was similar to this event in Berlin.
I plan to write reviews about the events I attended and add sources on VocaDB at some point. Most of them were AHS concerts and anime conventions with Vocaloid producers in Germany. Miku's upcoming Paris concert will definitely be discussed in every little detail!
Send me the links to the reviews once you're done. I'll certainly enjoy reading about them! As well, I'm excited to hear about the Paris concert; are you going to that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)