• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

thoughts on vocaloid questionnaire

sailor

New Fan
Dec 9, 2020
hello everyone ! i've got a personal project i'm working on that's vocaloid related !

it's a webcomic. i'm setting up the direction of the project, and for that...

i'd kindly like to ask other fans some of their views about voice synths and what they like about it.

if you're interested, here is the link! :ia_ani_lili: its a google form with only 7 questions (plus an unrequired open one) and any input means a lot.

thank you!

sailor

New Fan
Dec 9, 2020
i've also posted about it on twitter but im new there so im very confused ahah. feel free to share it if you want to!

thank you very much, Peaches and Osse! :lapis_ani_lili:

edit: whoever wrote in the general input "I just think they're neat", i had typed that out for the "why do you like voice synths?" question and feel extremely validated. thank you (edit2: don't worry, i won't share the other answers !)

Last edited:
Reactions: peaches2217 and ---

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes
hello everyone ! i've got a personal project i'm working on that's vocaloid related !

it's a webcomic. i'm setting up the direction of the project, and for that...

i'd kindly like to ask other fans some of their views about voice synths and what they like about it.

if you're interested, here is the link! :ia_ani_lili: its a google form with only 7 questions (plus an unrequired open one) and any input means a lot.

thank you!
Submitted!
I love the questions you asked by the way

Reactions: sailor

sailor

New Fan
Dec 9, 2020
thank youuuu everyone for all the responses! i'm really glad you found it interesting.

the results are indeed crazy interesting so far. i'll share them when it reaches a bigger sample :avanna_lili:
if you'd like to send it to friends and enemies so it reaches beyond, i really appreciate the effort!

I've filled it out too - the questions were really thoughtful! (In fact, I'm kinda wondering if we should have a separate thread here about how fans perceive Vocaloid and other synths in terms of them as instruments, mascots or virtual singers).
it's a really rich question right? voice synths pick an extremely expressive personal element and isolate it - it ends up a blank canvas. do we try to fill it up somehow? how do we relate to it, or expect from it? it's different from picking up a pen or a guitar, because they're not personal by nature... i'm loving how the answers grouped together create a picture that's actually seemingly dissonant!

sailor

New Fan
Dec 9, 2020
is double posting okay? sorry about it -! it's an update!

earlier today it was at 150 responses! that's quite a wide range of opinions !!
i'll keep the poll up for a few days more and then share all the results once it's over (open answers won't be published straight up).
this was how the second question looked like earlier today:

(the cut part of the last option is "(singing voice ≠ character)")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)