• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

unity-chan! becomes a VTuber

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
We haven't heard any news about unity-chan officially since December 2017. But her website has finally updated and there are some big news and collabs coming up.

Starting December 31st, unity-chan! will be uploading to her new YouTube channel (if my bad math is right, it's 2 PM over there, but it will be Dec 30th at 11:00 PM for us in the US)!

In addition to that, she will be part of a VTuber collab called Count0 which is being held December 31st 8 PM ~ 15 min after midnight. It's some kind of VR concert type thing.
1545354250784.png

She is also going to be a regular part (along with other big VTubers) of a 12 episode anime airing on TOKYO MX Jan 9th 2019 at midnight called "バーチャルさんはみている (Virtual-san wa Mite-iru) (the official website translates it as "Virtual-san Looking", but I would've at least called it "The Virtuals are watching")

Please check out @Exemplar 's thread about major Japanese companies agreeing to use the same file format for virtual characters which utilizes Unity (unity-chan! is Unity's mascot, so that must explain her comeback): CFM is going to do stuff with the VRM vtuber format

unity-chan! official YouTube channel
unity-chan! official website
unity-chan! official Twitter

Source: あの「ユニティちゃん」がVTuberとして活動を開始!12月31日に「バーチャル女優宣言」放送 | Mogura VR

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
There's a new trailer for Virtual-san wa Mite-iru! It looks kind of crazy.

0:20 Tanaka Hime (田中ヒメ ) = pink buns, Mirai Akari (ミライアカリ) = blonde ponytail with butterfly, Hinata (猫宮ひなた) = pink cat girl, Suzuki Hina (鈴木ヒナ) = blonde with hat, Siro (電脳少女シロ) = greyish short hair, Tsukino Mito (月ノ美兎) = long black hair

0:29 Game Club Project (ゲーム部プロジェクト) cast > Doumyou Haruto (道明寺 晴翔) = black hair, Kazami Ryo (風見 涼) = grey hair, Sakuragi Miria (桜樹 みりあ) = pink hair, Yumesaki Kaede (夢咲 楓) = brownish hair

0:30 Virtual Gorilla (バーチャルゴリラ) and Fuji Aoi (富士葵)

0:36 Virtual Grandmother Sachiko?! (バーチャルグランドマザー小林幸子) What a surprise!

0:46 I don't know who this guy is, he's not on the cast listing.

0:56 unity-chan! aka Otori Kohaku (大鳥こはく)

0:58 Tokino Sora (ときのそら).

Here are the links to pictures of the cast (includes their Twitters and YouTube channels!): TVアニメ「バーチャルさんはみている」公式サイト
(Oh man, Sister Cleaire is gonna be in this, I wonder if her eyes are gonna be able to close in the anime or not, she just recently became able to do that. lol)

Reactions: Mika

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was curious to check out Unity-chan's latest VTuber activities, and was unpleasantly surprised to find out that her channel hasn't updated in 5 months. She seriously still only has 3 videos on there (the livestream for the end of the year, her Vocaloid music video called "UNITE IN THE SKY", and a less than 2 min long clip of her with the Unity President). So basically those 3 vids were uploaded on Dec 31st, she declared she was going to be a VTuber, and legit nothing came out of it!

Her news site hasn't really updated, either. For the news page, the VT Count0 thing was announced November 2018, then this March 2019 they just announced some SD ("Super Defomed" aka chibi) models of 3 of her buddies with a toon shader for Unity). : {

• Sad
Reactions: Mika

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I logged in to my Japanese-only YouTube account and saw a strange-looking VTuber on the recommendations. I was extremely surprised to realize that it was unity-chan!

Her model has been updated and her design has been tweaked (it even features a TAIL, see 0:52) for her role as "ハイドラン (HIDORAN)", a fictional VTuber, in the film "踊ってミタ (Odotte-mita / Tried to dance)". (The film has real human actors, so her role might be supporting.) In this video, she apologizes for "being busy" after Virtual-san wa Miteiru (referring to the 10 month gap in uploads) and celebrates becoming an actress.

This page contains images of concept art for the HIDORAN design and a new "desktop figure" (featuring her usual design):
d8af8d60-18c3-4fa0-b4d7-d71753d895dd.jpg

unity-chan's kind of creepy IT-esque promo about the movie and her new figure:

I can't find an actual trailer for the movie, though.

Reactions: ___

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Something about her face is a little unsettling to me. Maybe the shading on the nose? Something makes it a little uncanny valley for me. That desktop figure is cute though!

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)