• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal chops?

Oct 18, 2021
Hi!! I got Vocaloid 4 a year ago and I've been doing a Der Holle Rache Miku cover. There's a part where she has to sing only the letter A in different tones, but I don't know how to separate the notes so it doesn't sound like she's singing only one note. I don't know if the trick's on the lyrics or something like that. Any type of help is appreciated!!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
A quick way to accomplish this in-editor would be to place silent notes where you want the chops to occur. Just enter a regular note, then change the phoneme to [sil] or [x] (or basically anything that can’t be read or recognized by the voicebank). That’ll stop close but unconnected notes from being connected and create that nice choppy quality!

(Also, hi! Welcome to the forums! :sonika_ani_lili:)

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Also turn on pitch snap. But if you want the real way to do it Is render out the eh sample and in your daw put it in a midi sampler

Oct 18, 2021
A quick way to accomplish this in-editor would be to place silent notes where you want the chops to occur. Just enter a regular note, then change the phoneme to [sil] or [x] (or basically anything that can’t be read or recognized by the voicebank). That’ll stop close but unconnected notes from being connected and create that nice choppy quality!

(Also, hi! Welcome to the forums! :sonika_ani_lili:)
Thank you so much! This worked perfectly!!!

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)