• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid 2019 Predictions

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
That's an unusual choice - is there even an Arabic Vocaloid fandom? :O
It looks like there is to some degree based on a quick search. The big question is if Arabic-speaking/lyric writing music producers would be interested, or at least if Yamaha thinks there's a chance they could be. Based on the data on Wikipedia at least, it's one of the most common languages not covered by current Vocaloids, although I don't know how much that would influence Yamaha's decision on whether to add a language. I also have no idea how hard it would be to program, but I did find at least one Arabic UTAU when I looked the other day so I can't imagine it's not within Yamaha's capabilities if they really wanted to do it.

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Because of Crypton's announcement a couple days ago, I thought it would be fun to resurrect this thread and see which predictions ended up being right (or at least pretty close). (I know there are still a few months left in the year, but I'm too impatient to wait for the true end of the year.)

Failed predictions:
The 1st Vocaloid to get updated to V5 will be a new face > Didn't even happen, might never happen now...
Next company to join Vocaloid will be a new face > Same as above...
New UTAU developments
Bilingual Vocaloid
Gumi V5 (or any other Vocaloid getting updated to V5)
CeVIO: A Chinese voice and an update + new companies join
Korean Synth V
Any suggested new language for Synth V other than Chinese, Japanese, and English
New Voiceroid guy
Synth V explodes in popularity

Spookily accurate predictions:
Emvoice is released (does beta count?)
No new companies join Vocaloid, companies go to other engines > We're looking at Quadimension with Synth V and Crypton!
Zing never released > I almost forgot about her
Mirai Komachi gets a 2nd song and continues activities > She's not dead yet
Unity-chan resurrected because of VTuber activities > but then died again
CeVIO will demo their new deep-learning-based engine, but won't be ready to sell it this year (pats myself on the back for this one)
There will be another Vocaloid/Voiceroid combo > Haruno Sora
Yamaha hits us with another port update > The Cybers and VYs for V5
Crypton will update Piapro in response to V5
Crypton makes its own engine, splits with Sega for concerts
More Synth Vloids released than Vocaloids this year > Synth V = 3 (Chiyu, Shian, Cangqiong) vs Vocaloid = 2 (Hime and Mikoto Meika)

(These weren't all the predictions, just some off the easier to re-summarize.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wario94

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Failed predictions:
More Synth Vloids than Vocaloids released > Almost... 8 vs 11.
This one should be moved to the correct column for now: 3 SynthV's were released this year (Chiyu: April 30, Shian: June 20, Cangqiong: July 9), but we've only had 2 Vocaloids (Hime and Mikoto: March 30).

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Oh crud, you're right. I compared released overall instead of just this year. (Gonna have to replace my tinfoil hat with a dunce hat again.) 😅 Will fix what I wrote in a little bit.

Reactions: lIlI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)