• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

Aug 1, 2018
U.S.
I really want V5, but I don't like the starter packages. :kaito_lili: It's very expensive to not even get a good English voice. I want an ENG Male voice especially, but I don't like Chris. Getting Ken to sing in English sounds like a difficult undertaking for a N00b. Not that either of them really fit my concept. I've never had VOCALOID before so I don't have voice banks. How long does it usually take for other starter packs to get released? Or is it likely we will get a version of V5 without voices included? It would be hard to afford 250+~100 for a bank. If anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate it. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I really want V5, but I don't like the starter packages. :kaito_lili: It's very expensive to not even get a good English voice. I want an ENG Male voice especially, but I don't like Chris. Getting Ken to sing in English sounds like a difficult undertaking for a N00b. Not that either of them really fit my concept. I've never had VOCALOID before so I don't have voice banks. How long does it usually take for other starter packs to get released? Or is it likely we will get a version of V5 without voices included? It would be hard to afford 250+~100 for a bank. If anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate it. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.
In the past, the editors (V3 and V4) were released separate with no bundles required like V5 has it. It's still new and many believe this could be some "hype bundle" type situation. You can always email Yamaha to ask if V5 will ever be sold standalone.

As for other starters, if you're in the market for Engloids, you might be out of luck. English companies tend to never do bundles, with the exception of PowerFX when they still did physical copies. However, male Vocaloids such as Kaito and Len that have English libraries will release likely with Piapro Studio like past Crypton releases.

You might just have to watch news to see if anything comes up. I know Yamaha did a sale on the Vocaloid Shop last year on starters, so perhaps they'll do another with V5 sometime.
That's basically all I know from watching patterns in the past. If you're interested in a voicebank from V3/V4 (like Dex), then you may be able to find a copy of V4 Editor and upgrade to V5 when you find a voice you like.

Reactions: uncreepy
Aug 1, 2018
U.S.
Ah, thank you. That does help me out since I'm not so familiar with their practices. Kaito is probably my top choice for his perceived versatility and accent. I was just hoping to buy V5 separate and drop him in since I don't know if they'll get around to a Kaito V5. I didn't like Piapro or V4 so I waited. V5 looks much nicer.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Crypton currently has no plans for V5 vocals, they are making V4 Appends for all Cryptonloids that updated their original V1/V2 voicebanks, though (which will be released before Luka's anniversary in January). I've been translating crypton_wat's tweets about it for about a year. I don't know what they'll do about Piapro (if it will be able to use V5 vocals or not or get updated at all, or even what will happen to the standalone version of Piapro). But these Appends probably will not update their English voicebanks (it hasn't been mentioned at all, I assume since the Cryptonloids didn't have English voicebanks for the V1/V2 era).

Also, I don't think it's right to call the V5 voicebanks "starter packs". I think they got rid of those with V4. The website now refers to the two versions as "standard" and "premium" and voicebanks by other companies as "add-on voicebanks" (implying the Kaori, Ken, Chris, Amy are not sold separately). Their website even describes the 4 new default voices as being "included" (seriously, 4 voices and an editor for the price of buying, say, all of Miku's voicebanks is a steal in my eyes, but I like all of the new voices). It seems that the new norm for Yamaha is to attract people who want vocals, but don't necessarily care about buying more characters. ^^; That's just my humble opinion.

Reactions: TheStarPalace
Aug 1, 2018
U.S.
Crypton currently has no plans for V5 vocals, they are making V4 Appends for all Cryptonloids that updated their original V1/V2 voicebanks, though (which will be released before Luka's anniversary in January). I've been translating crypton_wat's tweets about it for about a year. I don't know what they'll do about Piapro (if it will be able to use V5 vocals or not or get updated at all, or even what will happen to the standalone version of Piapro). But these Appends probably will not update their English voicebanks (it hasn't been mentioned at all, I assume since the Cryptonloids didn't have English voicebanks for the V1/V2 era).

Also, I don't think it's right to call the V5 voicebanks "starter packs". I think they got rid of those with V4. The website now refers to the two versions as "standard" and "premium" and voicebanks by other companies as "add-on voicebanks" (implying the Kaori, Ken, Chris, Amy are not sold separately). Their website even describes the 4 new default voices as being "included" (seriously, 4 voices and an editor for the price of buying, say, all of Miku's voicebanks is a steal in my eyes, but I like all of the new voices). It seems that the new norm for Yamaha is to attract people who want vocals, but don't necessarily care about buying more characters. ^^; That's just my humble opinion.
Thank you. I may just have to wait until they do a sale or something. I just can't see using Chris as the lead singer of a vampire band which is my concept so far. Everything I here from him sounds incredibly high pitched which just wasn't what I wanted. Is there a time when they usually do sales?

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Ooh, I'm interested in your band concept now. :chika_ani_lili: And yeah, Chris is pretty high sounding. I put on the V5 Enka preset with his voice and he legit sounded like Justin Bieber. o__o; Even dragging his singing an octave lower doesn't really change how it sounds based on my experimentation.

The only sales I remember were on the V3 voicebanks in the months leading up to V5 (as in the ridiculously huge starter packs with like 5 Vocaloids in them) and the starter packs for Vocaloids like Cyber Diva/Songman/Fukase that included V4 Editor for a wopping (sarcasm) 10% off discount. I'd be suprised if they did a Yamaha sale, to be honest, since basically all their voicebanks are included in the Pro version. >_<

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018

Would you be able to show the source for Crypton's future voicebanks being V4?
I believe the "V5 verification" was only in reference to their current V3/V4 voicebanks and not planned ones, as they soon had this Sonicwire blog update.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I guess I was thinking of these (here are just re-hashed translations of important parts, I don't feel like digging up stuff from my Google Doc):

"...We expect... when we completely collect the results of the experiments made up until now, ... we can make a new concept of high-performance Append DBs. "

Wat said "...音声のアップデートテストをかけてます。v5向けでは無いのですが > ...now performing voice(bank) update tests. It's not for v5, but..."
samma asks in regards to Piapro, what will happen with functions that only V5 can do? They end the sentence with "当面はV4なんでしょうけど…。 > At present it's V4, though..." (Hard to translate for me.)

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
I can see how it seems as though they would be V4.
Appends, at least during the V2 era, required owning the original software. However, the term "Append" nowadays can also mean a general update or additional voicebanks for a Vocaloid that doesn't require any previous voicebank.

I believe the last tweet from wat is in reference to their current V3/V4 voicebanks being checked if they work with the VOCALOID5 engine. The Sonicwire blog I linked above was posted not long after that tweet.
It sounds as though samma is asking about the future of Piapro Studio, stating that Piapro Studio is currently V4.

I personally do not think this is enough confirmation of what engine Crypton is focusing on. It may not be V5, as they haven't said anything about that, but I do not think anything directly points to it being or not being one specific engine.

It may be best to wait for more information.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
A new update for V5 has been released: VOCALOID5 Editor Updater Version 5.0.2 Release | VOCALOID - the modern singing synthesizer -
  • Fixes a bug in the Windows version where the program crashes when you perform an audio mixdown.
  • Fixes a bug where using a sample rate other than 44.1kHz in the Windows version of VOCALOID5 VSTi for FL Studio causes the program to freeze.
  • Fixes a bug that causes the track header to disappear in the Mac version of VOCALOID5 VSTi/AU for Ableton Live.
  • General stability improvements
Looks like the mixdown issue has been fixed, which is good.

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
So my question is--
would it be worth it for me to go ahead and buy V5? Or should I wait until more updates come? I held off on when it was first announced because I heard about all the bugs (and double the price of V3/4 just seemed a bit much at the time)////

I'm in no rush to buy V5, at least not until Zero-G tells us what's up their sleeve, as they mentioned they had a V5 related announcement coming at some point and I'm hoping it's a new vocal/// not to mention UNI's updates are highly likely to be released on V5////////

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
So my question is--
would it be worth it for me to go ahead and buy V5? Or should I wait until more updates come? I held off on when it was first announced because I heard about all the bugs (and double the price of V3/4 just seemed a bit much at the time)////

I'm in no rush to buy V5, at least not until Zero-G tells us what's up their sleeve, as they mentioned they had a V5 related announcement coming at some point and I'm hoping it's a new vocal/// not to mention UNI's updates are highly likely to be released on V5////////
I'm sort of in your shoes right now. Zero-G is my main man on the Vocaloid scene, so I'm not buying V5 till I see whatever they're doing. Depending on finances, I might just outright buy whatever V5 vocal they release and then do the file trick thing to use it in V4 for a while. V5 is expensive and I want to buy the premium upgrade eventually, but I'll hold off for financial/bug reasons (+ I wanna buy ZG's new vocal immediately and after spending ~$215 on the editor I'm not gonna be in a great spot to drop another ~$70-80 on a stand alone bank ;;; )

Maybe V5 will be a closer-to-Christmas kinda thing, when I'm sure I have next semester's tuition and books money safely stored in savings...

Reactions: ohpeach

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I'm sort of in your shoes right now. Zero-G is my main man on the Vocaloid scene, so I'm not buying V5 till I see whatever they're doing. Depending on finances, I might just outright buy whatever V5 vocal they release and then do the file trick thing to use it in V4 for a while. V5 is expensive and I want to buy the premium upgrade eventually, but I'll hold off for financial/bug reasons (+ I wanna buy ZG's new vocal immediately and after spending ~$215 on the editor I'm not gonna be in a great spot to drop another ~$70-80 on a stand alone bank ;;; )

Maybe V5 will be a closer-to-Christmas kinda thing, when I'm sure I have next semester's tuition and books money safely stored in savings...
Yeah that sounds like a plan, lol!!!
I think christmas would be a good plan///
waiting until tuition gets paid, which is also close to christmas as well, i think that would be best as well
by then one would hope that it's a lot smoother. I'd really love to try out V5 for the vocal fry and the vibrato options and all the cool content they added to it but also i just/// dont want to buy ab uggy software that gives me trouble!

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)