• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

Kazumi

That One Furry
Apr 8, 2018
What's the special deal with VOCALOID 4.5 Editor? Any benefits in comparison to 5?

I still can't decide if I need this or not.
The V4.5 editor cant be bought alone, it comes with V5, and it's basically just V4(for Cubase) but with V5 voicebank compatibility. (And no, Sora cant XSY :c)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Not sure exactly when this happened (FWIW, there's a "New" marker on the page.), but the Vocaloid shop is offering a bundle of the Standard version of the Vocaloid 5 editor along with Gumi English as a 5th VB: VOCALOID5 STANDARD + Megpoid English

For reference, the Standard editor currently costs $225.23 (USD). Gumi's price varies depending on where you get her, but the Vocaloid shop is currently charging $77.84 for her by herself. (Which is cheaper than the 10,800 yen/$96.88 Internet Co. is currently charging on their site: VOCALOID3 Megpoid Gumi. I can't check Internet's English site at the moment, but as I recall it's the same or more expensive than the Internet Co. Japanese site. So the Vocaloid shop is offering the best deal.) At $291.80, the Vocaloid 5 Standard + Gumi bundle saves you $11.27.

Worth noting, though, that Gumi English is still on Vocaloid 3--it wasn't updated for the bundle or anything.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Not sure exactly when this happened (FWIW, there's a "New" marker on the page.), but the Vocaloid shop is offering a bundle of the Standard version of the Vocaloid 5 editor along with Gumi English as a 5th VB: VOCALOID5 STANDARD + Megpoid English

For reference, the Standard editor currently costs $225.23 (USD). Gumi's price varies depending on where you get her, but the Vocaloid shop is currently charging $77.84 for her by herself. (Which is cheaper than the 10,800 yen/$96.88 Internet Co. is currently charging on their site: VOCALOID3 Megpoid Gumi. I can't check Internet's English site at the moment, but as I recall it's the same or more expensive than the Internet Co. Japanese site. So the Vocaloid shop is offering the best deal.) At $291.80, the Vocaloid 5 Standard + Gumi bundle saves you $11.27.

Worth noting, though, that Gumi English is still on Vocaloid 3--it wasn't updated for the bundle or anything.
I don’t believe it’s new. they’ve been there a while unless Gumi was just added, but Yamaha makes bundles with Gumi English, Fukase, and Macne Nana English to try selling more. You can go to the Add-On Voicebanjs and filter highest price first and see the bundles for both Standard and Premium.
I believe they are essentially “updates” to the V4 starters Yamaha did for these three + Cybers

But also note these bundles are to promite sales outside Japan, so they are only available on the English shop (unless that’s changed)

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I think I remember seeing Gumi English bundled with V5, so nothing really new on that front. Even with the V4 bundle from last year. Just like Fukase and Macne Nana. Not that I'm saying that because I keep lurking around the Vocaloid Store time from time!:haiyi_ani_lili:

Reactions: mobius017
Perhaps someone already posted this elsewhere (though I can't find it if so), but it seems that two days ago as I type, the V5 Editor and four standard voices had an update released. I'm downloading it now. What could possibly go wrong?

EDIT: I should clarify that I hadn't opened the V5 editor in months, so probably in my case the four voice banks needed updating too. One of these days I'll actually learn how to use the V5 editor as I'm still working in V4 at the moment....

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Perhaps someone already posted this elsewhere (though I can't find it if so), but it seems that two days ago as I type, the V5 Editor and four standard voices had an update released. I'm downloading it now. What could possibly go wrong?
The update is minor from what I know, but required/recommended for use of the Meikas. I don’t believe the voices were actually updated, just the editor, so you might skip their voicebank updates.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@ryuusei86 It was actually only the editor that got updated a few days ago, but the zip file includes the latest version of the vocals, too, probably to catch any stragglers who haven't updated those yet. (When the vocals came out last year, they were 5.0, but now they are at 5.2.) Gynoid tweeted that the update was specifically for the Meikas.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Vocaloid5 Editor got a new update (from Version 5.2.1 to Version 5.3.1) and there are a lot of changes! Also, the V5loids (Amy, Chris, Kaori, Ken) got updated to from Version 5.2.0 to Version 5.3.0.

Here are the release notes and the downloads.

My experience:
The V5 update is kind of slow (takes forever to start up). But updating the V5loids seemed like it took quicker to start up, but longer to actually install. Overall, it took about 15-20 min to download/install everything.

The changes:
The manual has been updated to 5.3.0.

I was able to use Hime and Mikoto's phrases even though I don't own them (clips of them counting from 0 to 100 (holy cow) and saying stuff), I don't know if it's because I never deleted the trial?

FINALLY, they added the notes on the piano roll. They show up by your cursor when you draw a note (have to be using the pencil tool).

Instead of clicking a tiny + to draw parameters, it's now a "v" arrow. The value of the parameter shows up by your cursor now instead of being guesswork. If you switch from the pencil to the mouse and click a point that you drew, there is a box to type in a value.

If you have a note selected, you can click "Enter" and it automatically gets writing in new lyrics ready instead of having to double click underneath the note box to change it.

The V5loids got their own Attack & Release Effects that say their name (but no cool custom art like Sora and the Meikas got).

I'm kind of confused/can't notice some of the other changes. So if anyone notices anything worth mentioning, please do.

Also, please let these changes be related the the Cryptonloid Appends. 🙏

Reactions: Blackpoole

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I don't wanna be a wet blanket, but we've known since like... two years ago that both Ling and Yanhe were getting updated. (It's also been on Vocaloid Wiki that long under the "Announced" tab.) Personally, I didn't think they'd change their mind about the update, so it was only a matter of time when it would be released. It's cool to see them getting a much-needed update. But at the same time, I don't think much will change for most of us on VocaVerse, because I'm not sure who will actually buy/use them. (I know we'll all be listening to new songs featuring them, though!)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah as Uncreepy said this isn't news news and these aren't new projects. They were talked about as V4 updates and then moved to V5. As far as I'm aware VSinger are actually one of the few that have an activated devkit so it doesn't really surprise me since it seems like they'll stick to VOCALOID until either it or they completely die. It's pretty typical VSinger fashion to end up being late to the party (Ling V3, Qingxian/Moke V4...) but at least this time they got onto the new engine. They really do want to always have the last VB on every VOCALOID software since they started, huh.

That said, I'm excited to hear them! Especially Ling's Dark voice since she's a little... strong and there's not much that can be done about it.

(I would hazard to assume they had similar issues to other companies in terms of license renewal and then have just focused on promoting their brand rather than making VBs. I'd like to think they wanted these on V4 but YAMAHA said no this time.)

Reactions: uncreepy

___

Oct 8, 2019
O...kay? U'm aware that theyve been meaning to update them, I just was unsure how much the update of the engine delayed them and I honestly wasnt 100% counting on it to save myself dissapointment. I'm just happy to have recieved these news :D

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Mmm I'd argue that even if it was said they were meant to be updated eventually, having an official V5 announcement counts as news even in a small way. If nothing else, we got a confirmation of their extra banks! I look forward to hearing demos!

EDIT: Although one thing is, I think Vsinger discontinues their old versions once they update, so if anyone who doesn't have (and doesn't want) V5 has been thinking about Yan He or Ling, maybe get them now :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)