• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
The main thing I'm hoping for is a jump in quality similar to V2 > V3. However if that doesn't happen, then new features/parameters to manipulate the voice and get new kinds of results. Both would be awesome :D

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
saaaaame I really want the same jump in quality as V2 > V3 had. I hope the engine is backwards compatible to at least V3. I'm pretty sure V2 is gonna be gone with this era which sucks for the V2 loids.... (cough piko and the engloids)

I'm hoping to see some updates of V3 titles, esp Yamaha's. Like the Zola Boys and Galaco. I'd be happy with Kaito too esp if he came with a new English bank (and a Power bank, lord knows the guy needs a Power bank lol)

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
I have no idea what most of the stuff in the video means but W O W Amy'

(Designs are...uh...a thing. Thought it was glitched at first tbh).

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
That preview vid actually tells a lot

So to me it looks like vocaloid 5 is vocaloid 4 but cleaner sounding (read somewhere it had less engine noise) and it practically tunes itself?

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
So the english vocaloid shop is up and omg I am so excited!!!!!!!!!! There are a ton of english videos up including how to use the new editor. Also the upgrade for V5 pro that includes CYVA, Songman, VY1, and VY2 is like 213 dollars.

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
What happed to cross synth?
Gone, apparently.

(most are old parameters, but with new names)

It does not support JobPlugins anymore. Sad. There goes ZOLA_Unison and Sachikobushi :(
It also does not support VOCALOID2 voices, but that's no surprise. At least it supports V3 / V4 voices.

I just hope that VSQx's files are still compatible, seeing that now uses another type of format. It does.
You can see more here.

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
I just finished watching all the new demos and what not. A very nice step in the right direction with V5. Kinda like how V1 was but more streamlined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)