• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I really don't know what to feel about V5. I am really confused by all the new parameter names and.. almost everything really. I wish there was a way to buy the editor with just one or 2 vocals that you chan choose. Because really? I will never use the new voices, I'm already sure about that lol.

Mantis128

"Clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight"
Apr 9, 2018
Looked into it and I'm fairly impressed. I've never actually used Vocaloid myself so I have nothing to compare it too, but I'm interested in the preset singing styles option. Would definitely save alot of work if your going for a certain genre,

Also the editor looks full on compared to what the old editors looked like. It looks like a complete DAW now.

Hoping these are not the final artworks, and are just place holders. They look like unfinished CG models from 2002.
Dh3z6nWU0AY14eu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Haji
For V5 itself, I'm not sure if it'll have a physical (knowing Yamaha, probably not). Sora doesn't have a starter pack, but she is available for purchase on AHS' site which only sells physicals.
V4 Editor without voice banks is still being sold at animefanshop.de, along with some AHS products.

Wow, this all sounds promising! I have to check those videos out now since I've been sleeping for a while. At least I was right with the CYBERs being updated. I have some 'loids I can choose in case that they don't offer the Editor standalone for a while. I'm not surprised that V2 isn't supported anymore, just keep V4 or Piapro Studio - that's why it's good to keep the older stuff, just like it happens with video game consoles.
I also wonder if this automatic tuning can make non-native English vocals sound better. *looks at Miku, Luka & GUMI*

I hope for v5 flower to look like an emo girl. V4 looks like an emo... boy.

By the way, did they mention new languages??

My wishlist for V5:
- Hatsune Miku
- Miku English (just red rid of the flaws)
- Miku Spanish (world domination!! jk)
- MEIKO
- KAITO
- CYBER DIVA / SONGMAN (confirmed)
- MIRIAM (for the sake of history)
- Zing
- Yuzuki Yukari

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
V4 Editor without voice banks is still being sold at animefanshop.de, along with some AHS products.
Where do you get that V4 is being sold there when I bought their last copy of it on 7-8 a.m. (and then went to sleep)

It's kinda funny
Yamaha: Vocaloid5
Me: *Buys Vocaloid4*

But the loss of XSY made me want to get Vocaloid4 (plus I kinda want prima someday) and honestly buying Vocaloid4 and then upgrade to Vocaloid5 is cheaper than straight up buying V5.
Also with Vocaloid4 I at least have a chance of it working on my current very old computer until I someday get a new one while V5 1000% wouldn't work on my current computer

Reactions: Chickadee
Where do you get that V4 is being sold there when I bought their last copy of it on 7-8 a.m. (and then went to sleep)

It's kinda funny
Yamaha: Vocaloid5
Me: *Buys Vocaloid4*

But the loss of XSY made me want to get Vocaloid4 (plus I kinda want prima someday) and honestly buying Vocaloid4 and then upgrade to Vocaloid5 is cheaper than straight up buying V5.
Also with Vocaloid4 I at least have a chance of it working on my current very old computer until I someday get a new one while V5 1000% wouldn't work on my current computer
Looks like it's sold out, sorry.

I will keep my Piapro Studio V4X for the sake of Miku V2 + Append, and maybe Luka V2 and SONiKA. I doubt that the next version of Piapro Studio will replace the older one like V4X did with the original.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Looks like it's sold out, sorry.
Don't worry about it, I just found it funny that you said that website has it in particular if I alreay bought their last copy ?

I will be excited what people will make with V5 though (AND SORA IS SO GOOD)

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I know Yuniku bought their last copy, but my post wasn't about V4 anyway orz; I don't think V5 will have a standalone physical since it seems that Yamaha is moving away from physicals entirely -- I think Fukase was the last of their Vocaloids to get a box? That was a few years ago now -- after that, they just stuck to digital only.

I saw someone mention elsewhere that Yamaha might release a standalone editor on the site without having to purchase any of the four new banks at a later date, and I really hope so. While the idea of getting four voices at once with the editor is really cool, my bank account does not like that all ;;

Reactions: YunīC

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Kind of a shame there's is no V2 support or XSY. But I still like V5 a lot and don't mind going back to V4 for those lost features. V2 couldn't stay forever anyway, just like V1 couldn't.

I'm thinking Yamaha just did Standard/Premium starter packs for the initial hype. Partly because they seem like too much of a deal for Yamaha to do...I mean the former V4 starter with VY1/Fukase/Diva/Songman was the price of Premium. Even if there is no physical, I think there has to be an editor only option in the future when there's more VBs . That's what I'm hoping at least

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Nevizzo

New Fan
Jul 3, 2018
I'm really quite excited to see more content with the new Vocaloids. I hope the fandom doesn't blow them over for just being the default banks of V5. When we literally just got dropped 4 vocaloids, ya'll.

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
This might be a dumb question, but is the difference in the premium vs standard editor just the amount of starter voices? Or is there other stuff?
With Premium you get extra vocaloids (CYBER DIVA II , CYBER SONGMAN II , VY1 , VY2)

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)