• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Vocaloid 5 with Minimum System Requirements?

Sep 21, 2019
I already made a status about this a while back, but since I'm heavily considering getting Vocaloid 5, I'd like to get a little more feedback on how Vocaloid 5 runs with the minimum system requirements. After all, no sense in buying something that I can't actually use.

So, to those of you who have tried running V5 with the minimum requirements, how well does it run? Or what feedback have you all seen from people who use it under the minimum requirements?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Do you actually have the minimum system requirements or is that your assumption? What are your stats?

Sep 21, 2019
Oh, of course! I made sure to check all the system requirements against mine.

My PC's memory is 4gb
The processor is an Intel with two processor cores (I did some research and I think that's the same as multicore, but I'm not 100% sure.)

(Alternatively, I have a Macbook with the same memory and an 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, but I don't think it's duo/multicore...)

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm not tech savy person sorry if I'll say some bs. 4GB RAM is really the bare minimum, I don't think V5 would run very smoothly :/ I would recommend upgrading your RAM if you want to use V5. How much free disk space do you have btw?

Edit: I have laptop with 8GB RAM which is the least they recommend, maybe I sometime can try out V5 on that laptop to see how it runs there :miku2_move:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

___

Oct 8, 2019
Also speaking in general about minimum system requirements. When companies list it, it pretty much means that's the bare minimum to load the program up, it doesn't guarantee you'll be able to use it smoothly. It might load up after a minute and it might as well crash after you move your mouse. You'll always need higher stats to do projects in it. This goes for any software. Just heads up.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't know anyone who has been running V5 with "the minimum" requirements. But on the VocaVerse Discord, three of us were comparing the specs of our relatively techy desktops (meant for running things like games, heavy software such as DAWs or 3D, that type of thing). We had suprisingly similar computers with the same amount of RAM, but each of us had different levels of issues running V5.

Some people report V5 crashing multiple times upon attempting to open it, some people have it take forever for the changes in the track to render, I personally have it running very smoothly. I don't know what to tell you other than "May luck be in your favor" if you get V5, because it seems surprisingly unpredictable from person to person. o__0; (This is based on forum/Twitter/Discord grumbling.)

___

Oct 8, 2019
What's uncreepy saying is true. I and @Prism talked a little today, we both have techy desktops and have different experience, it runs smoothly for me ( "having other heavy software + browser with 20 tabs open" type of smoothly ) but it crashes often for them, I dunno what the cause is? But it can't be just random, there has to be a reason behind it, wish we knew :/

Sep 21, 2019
I don't know anyone who has been running V5 with "the minimum" requirements. But on the VocaVerse Discord, three of us were comparing the specs of our relatively techy desktops (meant for running things like games, heavy software such as DAWs or 3D, that type of thing). We had suprisingly similar computers with the same amount of RAM, but each of us had different levels of issues running V5.

Some people report V5 crashing multiple times upon attempting to open it, some people have it take forever for the changes in the track to render, I personally have it running very smoothly. I don't know what to tell you other than "May luck be in your favor" if you get V5, because it seems surprisingly unpredictable from person to person. o__0; (This is based on forum/Twitter/Discord grumbling.)
What's uncreepy saying is true. I and @Prism talked a little today, we both have techy desktops and have different experience, it runs smoothly for me ( "having other heavy software + browser with 20 tabs open" type of smoothly ) but it crashes often for them, I dunno what the cause is? But it can't be just random, there has to be a reason behind it, wish we knew :/
Huh. That's pretty odd, especially seeing as you all have relatively techy desktops. Seeing as the computers are similar enough, I couldn't imagine why Vocaloid 5 would work well for some but not others...

Well, thank you both for the information!

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)