• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VocaLounge: a vocalsynth-themed Mastodon instance!

Lystrialle

Vocaloid producer (among other things).
We've opened up VocaLounge, a new vocalsynth-themed Mastodon server!

What is Mastodon, you ask? It's a social media platform much like Twitter, but with a lot of other benefits. You can read more about it in this guide! Mastodon has been catching on as a Twitter alternative lately, but it's dependent on people hosting different servers as "nodes" of sort for people to join the network with, and a big problem is that a lot of people don't know what server to try it out with...

...But more importantly, I just thought it'd be really fun to have a vocalsynth-themed one :miku_rylitah:

Our goal is to create a warm, safe, friendly space for vocalsynth fans to socialize, hang around, post their work, and maybe find new people -- and to also connect with them from different places on the Mastodon/fediverse network (if you're already on a different instance, we made an ambassador account to help you federate in so you can be accessible and searchable from ours)! If you're still not sure about some aspects of it, that's okay -- we have a great moderation team that's always here to help out, so we encourage you to check it out if you're interested and see if you like it!

And of course, although it's vocalsynth-themed, you don't have to talk about it all the time -- photos of your cat, or what you had for lunch today, or even fanart of your favorite video game. We're here to bring people together, but part of the fun of connecting with other people is through their other interests, too!

Like I said, we also have a great moderation team, so you can read about how it works and how we want to make it a fun and comfortable space for everyone to hang out and post their work. Come check it out!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I went ahead and signed up! I'm kinda nervous (it took me nearly two years to get the nerve to join a vocalsynth forum, which ended up being VVN), so I might just lurk for a bit.

Reactions: Leon

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I'm not on vocalounge, but I'm friends with quite a few people on the server. Vocalounge's federation is a little quirky, so if anyone wants to hang out on fedi, I'm @[email protected] !

I've been on Mastodon/fedi for 6 years now. For me, it really has been an incredible corner of the internet and a constant in my life since I discovered it with some of my friends. I was 13 when I joined so suffice it to say Mastodon is easy enough for everyone to use lol. Hope to see more people there!! Just make sure you lurk a little bit if you're coming from Twitter because the culture and norms are different from Twitter.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I was gonna make a profile post about Mastodon after seeing what's happened to Twitter. Not planning to join just yet because I generally enjoy a quiet life on the internet with just a few accounts now, and I dunno how Mastodon will cope overall with its newbie boom, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)