• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

We Three Kings - Symphonic Metal Cover - Feat. GUMI

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey, nice, sounds good! We Three Kings is one of those carols that kind of recurs to me out of the blue every so often, too, so I like the choice :) .

Reactions: AALLF

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I dont think Ive ever actually heard this carol before haha, which is surprising because I listen to a ton of Christmas music...but this sounds SO good! I'm always so impressed that you can make english vocaloids sound good with metal, I feel like often they struggle to sound natural with this genre, but this sounds magnificent. :kanon_lili:

Reactions: AALLF

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Honestly, this is one of the last Christmas songs I ever thought about being made metal... but holy shit it works! I love it!!
Thanks! It's got an epic feel to the lyrics, and I made significant changes to the harmonizations and formal structure of the song, which ended up making it feel more modern. I was happy with the way it turned out!

I dont think Ive ever actually heard this carol before haha, which is surprising because I listen to a ton of Christmas music...but this sounds SO good! I'm always so impressed that you can make english vocaloids sound good with metal, I feel like often they struggle to sound natural with this genre, but this sounds magnificent. :kanon_lili:
Thanks! Yeah, Vocaloids sound so "pure" a lot of times, that trying to mix it with over-saturated sounds like distorted guitars can really hurt the intelligibility. I think the key is to reserve some room in the mix for the upper-mids and treble so Gumi can cut through as much as possible. And LOTS of EQ automation.

Reactions: mobius017

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)