• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What is your creative/work space

• Thread starter Deleted member 646
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 646

I wanna hear this to get an idea of what it's like for others. I basically don't have one. I'm on a dining table typing this surrounded by all the clutter piled up from other household members. I've shared rooms all my life & now I'm burning spite
So do you guys have nice-looking desks & chairs & stuff? A serene view out a window, or cool room colors, posters, scents, music? I'd want to know...

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ha ha, um, no, not really. If I'm actually making music, I'm back in my room where my computer is. And as much as I'd like a Zen space with a peaceful view, etc., I'm usually not home much when the sun is actually out. Though I can't complain about the view when the sun is out--there are some plants and things, so it's a good view when the weather's nice. Which sometimes doesn't seem to happen often enough, but there are nice days, too; actually there were a fair number of nice days this year. Sometimes the neighbors are noisy, which sucks--not so bad if they're just making noise, though I like it quiet, but if they're yelling, it's usually about stuff I don't want to hear--but sometimes headphones can help with that.

If I'm not there, sometimes I'll write lyrics and things on a mobile device, so my workspace varies in that case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 646

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I don’t really have a space for my creativity. Just me on my bed with my laptop and a piano/keyboard. Occasionally, I’ll clean off my desk and work there, but that’s not very common and it’s just a boring corner of my room that I sometimes put figures/plushies/merch at, if that would count as decorating my workspace.

Reactions: Deleted member 646

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
My twin and I shared an office (big) and a bedroom (super tiny, basically just an H-shaped walkway between the beds and dressers. We didn't care about our bedroom, we felt that our office was more important and were obsessed with work, work, work. Neither room had decor, just a couple printed off artwork. But we just got done switching those 2 rooms and are in the process of decorating them after visiting our friend's beautifully designed house.

We put some fancy lights on our headboard from Amazon (mine are pink rose-shaped fairy lights with fake sakura garland, my sister also has a white/gold tapestry we'll hang behind the lights) and we're getting a new TV to display our retro gaming stuff around in cubbies. Next, we'll put some cool decor over our computers on shelves. ^^ Currently, my computer just has guitar gear around it, but I'd like to put something Japanese around it and my sister wants witchy stuff around hers.
headboard.jpg

Trying to pick what to decorate our half of each room with made each of us realize we were being extremely frugal about everything (clothes, hobbies) and didn't even know how to properly express ourselves. (Kind of going through a change in our lives atm and are trying to get rid of our wardrobe of Tshirts we were given as gifts and jeans and wear something nicer like dresses so we feel beautiful and happy instead of frumpy and not our true selves) and build a beautiful relaxing space to unwind from stressful work. @@;

So, I guess what I'm saying is that maybe other people should try to "treat themselves" and build a haven with what space you have. : D When we were in college, we used to just work at a dinner table, but we kept our laptops/mice on cute table mats to spice up the table a bit. Maybe you guys could splurge and get one of those mice with a design on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)