• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other What would you like to see in DeepVocal2?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Since DV2 is on it's way :haiyi_ani_lili: I'd love to hear what other people have to say!

This is what I'd love to see the most:
  • Add CV and VCV support- VCV is really popular format for jp and CV is beginner friendly and many vb creators start with it. It'd make DV more accessible imo.
  • Streamline the voicebank configuration process in general- i applaud DV for making the whole process feel more modern but it's stupidly convoluted and usually not worth the effort, especially for japanese language.
  • Add the ability to do simple vb editing inside the editor w/o toolbox- I think toolbox was a good idea but there should be quick simple way of looking inside the voicebank and doing simple edits, I am really missing it and it's a huge strenght UTAU has over DV, I feel like there's this...barrier...between me and the vb I'm using. ToolBox should be DV's "Setparam" but there should be dumbed down version of it in editor.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Another thing! I hope they'll make it to where the editor remembers your preferences, especially your language preferences. I'm happy that the language option is easy to find, but still, having to change it from Chinese to English every time I open it is annoying, and even then it only translates about 60-70% of the editor.

And while we're at it, throw in support for UST and VSQ/VSQx! (Bonus for VPR support, but I get that might be more difficult.)

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Kind of odd how no one has talked about this? Not even Boxstar on their Twitter or Weibo.. What is the purpose of this update? How did we even know there was an update? I've always been very interested in wanting to learn DV, but the struggles of navigating the early UI and a whole slew of other missing functions put me off. After installing, I'm not immediately noticing anything different yet..

Edit: I guess its just an engine update? I'm playing around with the DV vbs I have downloaded, and Ritsu DV sounds as jank as ever, and Ya Chaeso sounds great like always.. tempted to install the older DV to make a comparison..

Last edited:
Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Kind of odd how no one has talked about this? Not even Boxstar on their Twitter or Weibo.. What is the purpose of this update? How did we even know there was an update? I've always been very interested in wanting to learn DV, but the struggles of navigating the early UI and a whole slew of other missing functions put me off. After installing, I'm not immediately noticing anything different yet..
They tweaked the parameters and the rendering engine gives slightly better output than the first version of the editor, while things like the language defaulting back to Chinese no matter what every time you open it, the translated options only translating about 45-60% of the editor, and an interface so outdated Utau looks like a next-gen AI synth remain the way they were. Basically, DV2 is little more than a glorified bug fix.

___

Oct 8, 2019
To tuner
Edit: I guess its just an engine update? I'm playing around with the DV vbs I have downloaded, and Ritsu DV sounds as jank as ever, and Ya Chaeso sounds great like always.. tempted to install the older DV to make a comparison..
It's pretty much engine update but they're calling it DV2.

I went to check whether the toolbox is any better but at a first glance I don't see much of a difference either.

Reactions: KingPapillon

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
They tweaked the parameters and the rendering engine gives slightly better output than the first version of the editor, while things like the language defaulting back to Chinese no matter what every time you open it, the translated options only translating about 45-60% of the editor, and an interface so outdated Utau looks like a next-gen AI synth remain the way they were. Basically, DV2 is little more than a glorified bug fix.
Hmm yeah slightly disappointed.. omg the language resetting every time drives me insane. Just the fact that the developer still updates DV for free though is enough for me to not want to completely drop it. The same can't be said for UTAU. My biggest gripe though, is the inability to import additional tracks as anything but a midi, and when you do import a midi track, you'll run into phoneme conversion issues that you have to fix note by note. UtaFormatix only helps so much, you can't even import DV files as solo tracks themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)