• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question where to find . squidward utau (weird question i know)

spiderfriend

unity-chan propagandist
i just remembered the squidward utau and how i downloaded it waaaay back in december-ish when i first got utau, but i didnt understand how to use it since i was so new. so basically now that im much more experienced i wanna try it again just for fun lol

i cant seem to find it anywhere (i feel like i found it through minnemi somehow?) does anyone know where i can find it if possible... srry this is a rlly weird question HSVKVDS

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
having made a Sonic and Shadow utau i can answer that yeah, it would be morally (and vaguely legally) wrong (and vaguely against the Utau TOS iirc??) to share such banks so its unlikely you will find someone whos actually made one that will hand it out. i guess i can say its really not that hard and its (almost) worth the effort if you really want it lol.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
is it really illegal omg i. didnt know that?? ig i just never thought abt a legal perspective VSJKFVHKF WHOOPS nevermind then! :gackpo_ani_lili:
ill be real its kind of vague in some places. as far as i recall reading the utau TOS it states that doing such things are technically against the TOS because it could get UTAU into legal trouble because UTAU is the program being used to do this. but its hard to define how that could happen, as i imagine the legal trouble would happen if you tried to redistribute the bank and the owner of the voice source wanted to take action. its not like theres defined legal statement about using Squidward's voice or Sonic's, but it would likely be within the owner's rights to ask someone to stop- and in turn it could create backlash against UTAU itself. if someone wants to correct me on this tho feel free lol

its something ive been well aware of and completely get why some people dont like it at all... i do it for my own fun and i dont hand the banks out to anyone at all so i dont feel theres an issue in doing that alone. more of a "someone could tell you to stop, its unlikely, but they could" (and itd likely be worse if you were doing weird/shady shit with the voice)

spiderfriend

unity-chan propagandist
ill be real its kind of vague in some places. as far as i recall reading the utau TOS it states that doing such things are technically against the TOS because itr could get UTAU into legal trouble. but its hard to define how that could happen, as i imagine the legal trouble would happen if you tried to redistribute the bank and the owner of the voice source wanted to take action. its not like theres defined legal statement about using Squidward's voice or Sonic's, but it would likely be within the owner's rights to ask someone to stop- and in turn it could create backlash against UTAU itself. if someone wants to correct me on this tho feel free lol
yeah that makes sense! thanks for the input :)

Reactions: morrysillusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)