• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Which Private/Cancelled Vocaloid do you want to be Released?

Which Private/Cancelled Vocaloid do you want to be Released?

• Total voters

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
You can choose up to 2 options.

I only counted Vocaloids that have had voice samples (so no Hibiki Lui).

Personally, I love both Ring and Rune, and wish we could hear something about either of them.

If I missed anyone, let me know.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I absolutely love Ring Suzune from the usage she got from her vb demo and Akikoloid I also adore so either of them would make my year to see released

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm still SO damn mad about Rune. And Yuecheng/Chuchu. AND LORRA. UGH. What makes it worse is that theoretically Shanghai Wangcheng should just take Lorra's DB since they're working with NetEase but.. it'd probably still be private. Rune will forever stay in my heart though. <3

I'd be okay with any of them other than Luan/Lucia tbh, those ones need to stay dead for everyone's sake.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Ring and Project if, definitely.
Ring's demo songs honestly made her sound different every time, so I was really curious as to what was going on there. But I guess we'll never find out.
Project if is amazing and when Sound Horizon got to use it I was so hyped, so I was disappointed when it just...died off.

Reactions: xuu

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Wait, I thought Chuchu and King were coming out? What happened? What can I read to find out more?

Edit: Checked Vocaloid Wiki. NooOoOOO!!!! *hisses and knocks stuff over*
Wait, so they're just gonna be private Vocaloids now? Damn, I was looking forward to a new male Chinese bank at least. :(

Reactions: GreenFantasy64
Project If. I just want to see how it would be if Crypton focused on more than 6 characters. If those kids were in Project DIVA, it would already satisfy me because the franchise is kind of empty compared to idol rhythm games. Besides that, I like choir background vocals, so I might had even used them for epic songs.

Besides that, I want Zhayin Lorra to be released since that story about her voice provider's nose bleeding. It sounds creepy and interesting to me.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yuecheng and Chuchu is probably a case of Shanghai Wangcheng recognising they don't have much public support yet, so it makes more sense to have them on a private basis for now. Wouldn't be profitable in or out of China for either to release. Yuecheng's demos weren't even breaking 10,000 views on Bilibili as far as I'm aware, which is a shame, but they've made the right choice for now.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Yuecheng and Chuchu is probably a case of Shanghai Wangcheng recognising they don't have much public support yet, so it makes more sense to have them on a private basis for now. Wouldn't be profitable in or out of China for either to release. Yuecheng's demos weren't even breaking 10,000 views on Bilibili as far as I'm aware, which is a shame, but they've made the right choice for now.
I guess the logic here is to loan the banks out to approved producers first, who might then be able to drum up support for Yeucheng and Chuchu on Bilibili, thus increasing demand for a public release. Considering how many commercial failures exist within Vocaloid, this might be a smarter move than we originally thought.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I guess the logic here is to loan the banks out to approved producers first, who might then be able to drum up support for Yeucheng and Chuchu on Bilibili, thus increasing demand for a public release. Considering how many commercial failures exist within Vocaloid, this might be a smarter move than we originally thought.
It's also important to consider they may be waiting for the OK from Yamaha themselves to distribute the libraries, which could take a month or two depending on relations and how busy Yamaha are. I hope lots of producers in China, big and small, apply to use them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)