• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Which Vocaloid(s) Have Improved the Most?

Sep 21, 2019
Which Vocaloid(s)/other synth voices do you all think have improved the most over the years?

For me, I'd say Rin and Len. I haven't used their originals, but when listening to remakes of songs that used their old V2s and comparing and contrasting them, I can hear a lot of improvement (Remote Controller is an excellent example of how far their voicebanks have come, imo). Also, I've heard that Act 1 is hard to use and has some glaring flaws and as someone who uses V4X, I find their V4s to be very user friendly (even back when I was a noob, lol).

Also, I think Sukone Tei has improved a lot. Her old CV, although smooth, didn't exactly have the best vocals (likely because she was intended to sound unoriginal and her VP didn't have a great mic at the time), but her more recent banks (specifically her 3.1.1) are very smooth and expressive. For comparison, the original version of 13km vs a cover of it with one of her newer banks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cafenurse
Sep 21, 2019
Well, Lily has come a long way V2 ---> V3

Also, Miku English. I didn't hate V3, but something about her sounded off. V4 was a huge improvement.
Oml, she sounds so gorgeous! She sounds so much more fluid and clear! Now excuse me while I go find Lily V3 songs.
Also, I completely agree on Miku English. V3 isn't as bad as some people say, but to me it sounded like she struggled with pronunciation and sounded very muffled (which is understandable, because apparently Saki Fujita had a very hard time with the English script when recording. :c).

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm very happy about the improvement of the Kagamines, I really like their voices I'm glad they became more approachable voicebanks. I hope their PS version will be even better! Also very glad they fixed the pitching issue with Lily in V3, she deserved that.

Probably less obvious one but I think Macne Nana improved greatly ( yes, excluding her non-Vocaloid versions ). Her V3 was pretty medicore in every aspect but her V4 has one of the fastest tempos and one of the highest ranges! I think that's a huge improvement.

Also I know she isn't Vocaloid but Teto came such a long way.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Meiko obviously from v1 to v2 to v3 I think her whisper and dark banks are the best

Reactions: Aia
Sep 21, 2019
I'm very happy about the improvement of the Kagamines, I really like their voices I'm glad they became more approachable voicebanks. I hope their PS version will be even better! Also very glad they fixed the pitching issue with Lily in V3, she deserved that.

Also I know she isn't Vocaloid but Teto came such a long way.
The Kagamines really deserved the amount of improvement they have in V4X, and it's great that they're more approachable because then that means more Kagamine stuff! I'm excite to hear what gets done for their PS voicebanks

Also, yes, Teto has improved so much. She used to be so choppy and robotic (not saying that's a bad thing, I love her original CV bank), but now she's so smooth and expressive! It's obvious that a lot of care was put into her voicebanks. :teto_lili:

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
TBH I find beta v2 Miku to be better than v3
V2 miku alpha
V2 Miku beta
The alpha and beta eng Mikus are pretty alright for what they are but they don't quite sound like Miku I think.

Also I just wanna add, V3 probably sounded little off because there was more tension in Saki's voice ( plus since she was being developed during the V2 era her V3 eng vociebank had dated reclist already in V3 ). As RoboCheatsyTM said she struggled with pronunciation but they were very fixated exactly on that. When they re-recorded for V4 with more up to date reclist they took Macne Nana's approach and just let the accent shine through which removed the tension. :kaito_move:

not saying that's a bad thing, I love her original CV bank
Oh yes! I'm glad they kept her CV bank up along with her VCV one because it just means you can do more stuff with her voice!

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
The hmo beta one sounds like Miku sweet in my opinion. Around the end of v2 crypton had a lot of voice banks in development (Luka append soft, v2 Miku English, Meiko append/ update, Kaito update) they scraped a lot of these voice banks when v3 came out they started from scratch on Miku English using Sweet Ann as a guide.

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)