• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Who are your favourite musicians?

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Didn't spot a specific non-Vocaloid music subforum, so I decided to post this thread here.

Anyhow, since many of us here enjoy music outside of the Vocaloid scene, I was curious to see who everyone's favourite artists and/or bands were. I've spoilered my list since it turned into a top ten.

Kraftwerk (my absolute favourite band of all time!)
Devo
The KLF
Daft Punk
Yellow Magic Orchestra
Jean Michel Jarre
Eiffel 65
ABC
t.A.T.u.
Tears For Fears

I actually like a lot more artists than what was included in the list, but I just listed my current top ten.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
My top 3 as a teenager and at the same time bands I still go back to from time to time even if I am listening mainly to Vocaloid...
Rammstein
Slipknot
System Of A Down

Have been to concerts of all 3 of those and especially Rammstein was still by far the best concert experience I ever had after Miku, definitely wanna go again one day.

I wonder if the topic creator is German too (because of Kraftwerk)?^^

Reactions: Kurenai_Akari

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Does REOL (Giga-P & Reol) count???

Honestly though I mostly hear Vocaloid & Utaites
And then also some other stuff but that often isn't artist specific

Otherwise....
Oh, I like M2Us music very much (mostly the tracks also using classical instruments in it for example Masquerade, Quo Vadis, A Bella, Myostis etc.)

I also really like Fake Types music

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
My top 3 as a teenager and at the same time bands I still go back to from time to time even if I am listening mainly to Vocaloid...
Rammstein
Slipknot
System Of A Down

Have been to concerts of all 3 of those and especially Rammstein was still by far the best concert experience I ever had after Miku, definitely wanna go again one day.

I wonder if the topic creator is German too (because of Kraftwerk)?^^
My nationality is British, but I adore a bunch of German groups I didn't list in the op. (For the record, I'm not a Rammstein fan but my mom's boyfriend is).

Honestly J-rap would make up at least 60% of my favorites and I'm not gonna get deep into that here
My #1 Japanese beatmaker of all time would for sure be DJ Krush
and as for MCs harder to say but maybe LIBRO
sucks that so much great hip-hop shit from that country is limited to records/CDs/albums & not posted online...

wei wei

New Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Didn't spot a specific non-Vocaloid music subforum, so I decided to post this thread here.

Anyhow, since many of us here enjoy music outside of the Vocaloid scene, I was curious to see who everyone's favourite artists and/or bands were. I've spoilered my list since it turned into a top ten.

Tears For Fears

I actually like a lot more artists than what was included in the list, but I just listed my current top ten.
TFF was my very first concert back in 1985!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I mostly listen to Vocaloid music nowadays, but here are some non-vocaloid artists I enjoy:

At some point before discovering vocaloids I used to like Country artists such as
-Johnny Cash
-Kenny Rogers
-Hank Williams

But my taste has always ben versatile, I listen to a lot of music from different genres, here's some miscellaneous artists and bands:
-CCR
-Deep Purple
-Dingo
-Yö
-Kari Tapio

MikuVocaloid39

Miku 4 Life
Apr 16, 2018
England
As of right now i think these are my favourite bands / artists:
Radiohead (and basically anything that Thom Yorke has ever done)
Aphex Twin
Massive Attack
Portishead
The Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk
Orbital
I've always been open to many different genres of music (despite the fact that i don't represent that too well here).

Dulce Carmella

Sweet Devil
Apr 14, 2018
United States
www.youtube.com
I mostly listen to K-Pop outside of Vocaloid, my favorite groups being:
- BTS
- Stray Kids
- AOA
- Blackpink
- Mamamoo
- Monsta X
and a casual listener of Gfriend, WJSN/Cosmic Girls, and Dreamcatcher

And for Western music, I love:
- Little Mix
- Camila Cabello
- Jake Miller
- Britney Spears
- Marina and the Diamonds
- I also lowkey love cupcakKe
and a casual listener of Against the Current, Fall Out Boy, and Troye Sivan

Satinather

#Germanoid
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hmmmm~

- Santiano​
- Echosmith​
- Tyler Ward​
- Stanfour​
- Eurielle (even though I listen to three songs by her only xD)​
If you wanna have some examples:

Osakablade

Vocaloid User, Not A Fan.
Apr 23, 2018
Japan
Favourite guitar player, Paul Kossoff(Free).
Favourite Bass player, Geezer Butler(Black Sabbath)
Favourite Keyboard player, Jon Lord(Deep Purple)
Favourite Singer, Paul Rodgers(Free, Bad Company)
Favourite Drummer, John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)
Favourite Music Style Classic Rock. 70`s Techno
Favourite Japanese band, Off Course.
Favourite Vocaloid Producer. None really.
Best vocaloid song ever written, Kocchi Muite Baby.

Worst Vocaloid song ever written. Anything by me(I do them for fun nothing more).
Dislikes. J-Pop type Music.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Checked my Last.fm to see what I've been streaming most recently. LOOΠΔ, TWICE, EXID, and 9MUSES make up most of it. I like IU, Suzy and Wonder Girls a lot too. Outside of K-Pop I listen to Jolin Tsai, Keyakizaka46, WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA, and Perfume. Maybe Kyary sometimes? I like poppy music and the occasional downbeat song... and great girlgroup rappers.

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
other than vocaloid,
i listen to some kpop? not enough to be part of the kpop fandom probably, but i like twice and svt and teen top!
and some jazz, i kinda have to bc im in a jazz band but i genuinely like it! i like big band stuff the most, like count basie
also japanese music lol i really love frederic, asako toki, mizuki ohira... i found teto (the group not kasane teto lol) like yesterday or something and i really like their stuff
aaaand vgm! i love listening to stuff from games i know and also great arrangements!! i especially appreciate insaneintherainmusic and mewmore from youtube.

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
@lil_eggo I like fredrick and insaneintherain too! They both do great music and deverve the attention the get. Ive been a fan of IITR scince i found him in a video about pokemon musicians and i even was there when he made his Mii channel cover (which was amazing)

Reactions: lil_eggo

Thy

New Fan
Apr 27, 2018
I love late 60's musicians like Don McLean, Buddy Holly, early Beatles and Billy Joel. McLean's music especially as it's really soft and flows amazingly well. That kind of smoothness hasn't been matched since. It's weird though cause for someone who had been known in the industry for his softness and clarity he beat his first wife.

Simon and Garfunkel are music legends. Their music can also be soft but also very powerful. Mrs. Robinson is so cliche but it's still my favorite song by them.

I have a thing for some 70's music as well but that's mainly Eagles and the weird stuff that the Beatles got up too before they broke up, like back to the U.S.S.R and all that weird early experimental rock stuff.

(another 'oh wow, of course' selection, but it's my honest favorite.)

Reactions: Satinather

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)