• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

With fast tempos, how do I make English understandable?

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
I’d like to do an English cover for Vampire pathoS. But the tempo of the song is fast being at 134.00 how can I make it easier to understand without slowing down the tempo?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
English vocals tend not to handle fast tempos and consecutive short notes well. If you’re having issues, then adjusting the note lengths and cutting down the number of words crammed into the cover might help!

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Just as a note, V5 does not handle note splicing very well, so I would suggest using the emotion tool (if it supports editing consonant lengths? I'm not sure) or velocity parameter. Good luck.
Ah, they actually use V4! Just letting you know!

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
Just as a note, V5 does not handle note splicing very well, so I would suggest using the emotion tool (if it supports editing consonant lengths? I'm not sure) or velocity parameter. Good luck.
I use V4, I heard V5 wasn’t the best

Ah, they actually use V4! Just letting you know!
If it doesn’t work out, I’ll pick one of my Japanese Vocaloids like Miku’s Dark voice bank

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
If I may be honest: V5 is great as long as you've got a system that handles it. My system couldn't, so it crashed a lot, but I really enjoyed it when it actually cooperated with me. Just for future reference, if you ever look to expand your horizons!
What’s it like compared to Vocaloid 4?

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
It's got lots of additional features! It's super heavyweight, and it's got issues for sure, but I think it's quite cool. @patuk is blessed with a Powerful Computer and mains V5, so she can probably be more specific!
I think maybe I’ll just to get a bit better with V4 before jumping into V5

English vocals tend not to handle fast tempos and consecutive short notes well. If you’re having issues, then adjusting the note lengths and cutting down the number of words crammed into the cover might help!
It is weird too though since the note won’t move to make itself bigger

___

Oct 8, 2019
It's got lots of additional features! It's super heavyweight, and it's got issues for sure, but I think it's quite cool. @patuk is blessed with a Powerful Computer and mains V5, so she can probably be more specific!
Did someone say V5?

Well as Peaches mentioned it is way way heavier of a software than V4 ( which is its biggest sin imo ) and it's quite different too in terms of UI and it definitely needs some getting used to if V4 is the editor youre used to. It lacks XSY but it has other features that have taken its place, theres no line tool so if that was your main way of pitch bending youll need to get used to new style but imo it's pit control points, the ability to move your pit around allows for more intuitive tuning and ability to get desired results quicker, you don't need to render your pit, youre always able to see your pitchebends too but it always needs to re-render after youve done some changes to your vsq, for quicker rendering time use the scissor tool and split your track.

It has some new parameters, exciter for example can make your vb more powerful or softer but this parameter is very picky in terms of what vb it wants to work on, it can do wonders on some and pretty much nothing on others, BRE now behaves differently and it creates whisper-like results and AIR has taken its place in simply adding breathy-ness to the voice, both produce better results than V4 BRE imo. It also has attack/release function to enhance your tuning, it has pit options too but other stuff such as vocal fry and growl ( which you can use on V3s as well ) as well. Vibrato is more flexible in V4 but I apprecite how in V5 you have the ability to add both soft-ness and such vibrato add the same time etc.

It has more options for mixing and you can technically tune and mix your whole cover w/o using any other software ( although some might prefer to do so ), you also have automtic built-in breaths which you can use on any vb and adjust inside edior, in terms on how they behave but if you think their breath doesnt fit its ok, you can always just use the breath wav files which either come in with the vb youve bought or if the vb has its own breaths built in V5 lets you enter those too.

Well this is what you need to know, there are like...tons of small changes and I could be here sitting and typing this for hours, lemme know if youre curious abt more.

Btw, I've thought this for a while, but it's soo cool you were able to find a V4 copy! They're so rare to come by at a reasonable price even on Mercari or eBay. How did you manage

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
Did someone say V5?

Well as Peaches mentioned it is way way heavier of a software than V4 ( which is its biggest sin imo ) and it's quite different too in terms of UI and it definitely needs some getting used to if V4 is the editor youre used to. It lacks XSY but it has other features that have taken its place, theres no line tool so if that was your main way of pitch bending youll need to get used to new style but imo it's pit control points, the ability to move your pit around allows for more intuitive tuning and ability to get desired results quicker, you don't need to render your pit, youre always able to see your pitchebends too but it always needs to re-render after youve done some changes to your vsq, for quicker rendering time use the scissor tool and split your track.

It has some new parameters, exciter for example can make your vb more powerful or softer but this parameter is very picky in terms of what vb it wants to work on, it can do wonders on some and pretty much nothing on others, BRE now behaves differently and it creates whisper-like results and AIR has taken its place in simply adding breathy-ness to the voice, both produce better results than V4 BRE imo. It also has attack/release function to enhance your tuning, it has pit options too but other stuff such as vocal fry and growl ( which you can use on V3s as well ) as well. Vibrato is more flexible in V4 but I apprecite how in V5 you have the ability to add both soft-ness and such vibrato add the same time etc.

It has more options for mixing and you can technically tune and mix your whole cover w/o using any other software ( although some might prefer to do so ), you also have automtic built-in breaths which you can use on any vb and adjust inside edior, in terms on how they behave but if you think their breath doesnt fit its ok, you can always just use the breath wav files which either come in with the vb youve bought or if the vb has its own breaths built in V5 lets you enter those too.

Well this is what you need to know, there are like...tons of small changes and I could be here sitting and typing this for hours, lemme know if youre curious abt more.

Btw, I've thought this for a while, but it's soo cool you were able to find a V4 copy! They're so rare to come by at a reasonable price even on Mercari or eBay. How did you manage
I got it from my brother

Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I got it from my brother
Ngl, it seems super cool to have siblings who'd be into this stuff! I come from a highly musical family, but I'm the only one who was ever able to grasp this kinda thing (or even liked it, honestly); I showed one of my projects to my brother and his response was basically "What even IS this?". Do you guys share VBs too? It seems like that would be deeply cost-effective!

Sorry for all the questions and the prodding, I'm just stoked you've got someone nearby who's familiar with it!

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
I will also recommend the velocity parameter. That's the main purpose of it. It shortens consonants so they don't end up swallowing short notes, or lengthens them for a more lax pronunciation.
I’ll maybe go back into the program and see if that has anything to do with it being longer

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
Ngl, it seems super cool to have siblings who'd be into this stuff! I come from a highly musical family, but I'm the only one who was ever able to grasp this kinda thing (or even liked it, honestly); I showed one of my projects to my brother and his response was basically "What even IS this?". Do you guys share VBs too? It seems like that would be deeply cost-effective!

Sorry for all the questions and the prodding, I'm just stoked you've got someone nearby who's familiar with it!
Yeah. I have several. One I got was Rana. I love her voice and how cute she sounds. I wish she had an English voice bank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)