• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2019

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Dumb, somewhat off-topic question: what do you do with a towel holder? The fabric attached to the D-ring looks really small/narrow, so whatever you dry with it would have to be small.... Though it looks like it can be extended/stretched, which is kind of cool. It looks like it's meant to be portable--hung off a lanyard around your neck or something? Are you supposed to wave it over your head at the concert?

Apologies, I'm just trying to understand what this bit of concert merch is for.... :miku2_move:
A couple of my teammates were actually laughing about on what it was supposed to be, to the point that being the advertising guys that we are, we made a mockup of what we think it's for.
If that was the case, I'd probably use it for my photoshoots when I work up a sweat :miku_move:

Else, I'd be repurposing it as a backpack luggage strap.

Reactions: mobius017

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@Tainted I looked up what this was called in Japanese (タオルホルダー) and ended up finding out how it's used... it's exactly like you figured out! You can put it on a belt loop or on your backpack. I guess it's for when all that glow stick waving at concerts makes you work up a sweat.

Edit: Maybe if you bought merch like a T-shirt at the event, you could cram it in there so you wouldn't have to carry it around, too.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
A couple of my teammates were actually laughing about on what it was supposed to be, to the point that being the advertising guys that we are, we made a mockup of what we think it's for.
View attachment 1991
If that was the case, I'd probably use it for my photoshoots when I work up a sweat :miku_move:

Else, I'd be repurposing it as a backpack luggage strap.
@Tainted I looked up what this was called in Japanese (タオルホルダー) and ended up finding out how it's used... it's exactly like you figured out! You can put it on a belt loop or on your backpack. I guess it's for when all that glow stick waving at concerts makes you work up a sweat.

View attachment 1992

View attachment 1993

Edit: Maybe if you bought merch like a T-shirt at the event, you could cram it in there so you wouldn't have to carry it around, too.
Oh, those pictures make it make sense! That's why the first image looks like the fabric is looped--the fabric isn't a towel, you put the towel through the middle of the opening. Yeah, I could see people who walk/jog/run or maybe play golf or something finding that useful (though many golf towels have D-rings themselves to hang on your golf bag).

Though I'm sure you could do other things with it, too. If it's big enough or could be made tight enough, you might be able to use it to hold a water bottle or a stack of books. Or you could flip the idea around, maybe, and put the strap around your wrist while the D-ring holds your keys.

Hmm...based on @uncreepy's pictures, it looks like larger towels are often used. From what I've seen in anime/some games, picnics seem to be somewhat popular as social events in Japan (probably especially during/due to cherry blossom season). Maybe they use the towel holders to bring their "beach" towels with them.

Or it could be good to have a smaller towel to dry off a little if you get caught before putting up your umbrella during Japan's rainy season.

Thanks to you both!

Last edited:

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
This was recently revealed!

It seems this year everyone is going to have a sole design! Honestly I had been recently thinking that the fact their outfits changed between official art was a pet peeve of mine so this might be one of the announcements that made me the most excited~ Everyone looks amazing (Maybe Luka's palette isn't my favorite but nevermind!) can't wait to see more illustrations! Hopefully they keep the trend for next year~

And regarding the theme songs, I like Miku's one! It's not the sound I'm used to from Kurage-P so that threw me off a little bit at the start, but it sounds good so far.
Yet Luka's one hmmm not really convinced, most likely because I just don't like when Luka is tuned that way lol She can sound cute and happy without making her voice highpitched... I'll wait for the full version, too, regardless.

And Shinkai City Underground is in the album so I hope is preformed life please please please please

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
That is amazing! :-D
Hope they'll use it live... maybe even a song where they all appear together again? One can dream^^

And hah all the songs on the album, except for the last song which is labeled as "bonus", will be played live if it's anything like the last few years^^ Don't think they ever didn't play one of those.

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
I feel kinda out of the loop this year. For the past few year I knew 90% of the songs on the album but this year I probably only know 50% of them...

Also you guys know about the Mikufan discord?

There's a magical mirai channel there that can make it faster for us to communicate especially when we're trying to meet up. Forums are kinda slow for that. There's also some nice info there.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Are you talking about the Vocaloid discord server? I don't think there is any affiliation with Mikufan. The one I am talking about is very active it seems and there are many people talking about Mirai, and there is even a Google Document you can enter your planned dates for your Japan stay as well as which concerts you attend.

About being out of the loop... seems to be your own "fault"?
Just by naturally following news and looking for new songs as usual, no change for me for the last for years, I knew every song on the album except for one (that Meiko song).

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
Are you talking about the Vocaloid discord server? I don't think there is any affiliation with Mikufan. The one I am talking about is very active it seems and there are many people talking about Mirai, and there is even a Google Document you can enter your planned dates for your Japan stay as well as which concerts you attend.

About being out of the loop... seems to be your own "fault"?
Just by naturally following news and looking for new songs as usual, no change for me for the last for years, I knew every song on the album except for one (that Meiko song).
No not that one? They posted it in Mikufan, here's a linky

MikuFan Now Has an Official Discord Server!

And how do you search for new songs? I'm curious as to your personal method.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
So two main methods!
One, many of my favorite producers now also have an active YouTube account, not just Nicovideo, so I just naturally get to see when there is a new song.
For other stuff, I still follow the Weekly Vocaloid NicoNico ratings, like the charts of Vocaloid, which you can also find on YouTube, this channel reposts them there.
Xitomi ZS

And this is the Vocaloid Discord I know, seems pretty active as I said, especially about Mirai :-)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Well, the results of the ticket lottery are in!! Based on my credit card being charged.

I got an SS seat for Friday in Tokyo, the only SS seat I applied for. Then an S seat for Saturday. Don’t know if it’s for Osaka or Tokyo. We’ll find out when they email the results.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad!!

freeter

New Fan
May 5, 2019
Indonesia
Well, the results of the ticket lottery are in!! Based on my credit card being charged.

I got an SS seat for Friday in Tokyo, the only SS seat I applied for. Then an S seat for Saturday. Don’t know if it’s for Osaka or Tokyo. We’ll find out when they email the results.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad!!
Hi, This is my first time doing lottery thing for Mirai, I went to my first Mirai on 2017 with accomodation plan. I just saw your post and decided to call my bank. They were charge attemps on my cards 20minutes ago. is it safe to say I won?

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hi, This is my first time doing lottery thing for Mirai, I went to my first Mirai on 2017 with accomodation plan. I just saw your post and decided to call my bank. They were charge attemps on my cards 20minutes ago. is it safe to say I won?
If your credit card have been charged. It's very likely you won tickets. Just wait for the confirmation email later today for official results.

How many concerts did you apply for?

freeter

New Fan
May 5, 2019
Indonesia
If your credit card have been charged. It's very likely you won tickets. Just wait for the confirmation email later today for official results.

How many concerts did you apply for?
Saturday daytime and nighttime concert, bank said they were two charge attemps. Dear lottery please be kind to me.
So two main methods!
One, many of my favorite producers now also have an active YouTube account, not just Nicovideo, so I just naturally get to see when there is a new song.
For other stuff, I still follow the Weekly Vocaloid NicoNico ratings, like the charts of Vocaloid, which you can also find on YouTube, this channel reposts them there.
Xitomi ZS

And this is the Vocaloid Discord I know, seems pretty active as I said, especially about Mirai :-)
Hi. I'm interested to join the discord server especially for Mirai. But it's seems the invitation link has expired. Mind to share it again?

goldenchild

Aspiring Fan
Apr 15, 2018
Far away from Japan
S.O.S. , i repeat S.O.S. :

i'm searching for tickets for magical mirai 2019 in Tokyo,

1 ticket for saturday night live concert (open 16:00, start 17:00)
2 tickets for sunday night live concert (open 16:00, start 17:00)

any kind of seats, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)